PRISM: Internet surveillance & You

Talk about anything not related to Transcendence.
Jay2Jay
Militia Commander
Militia Commander
Posts: 282
Joined: Fri Jan 11, 2013 12:57 am

Re: PRISM: Internet surveillance & You

Post by Jay2Jay » Fri Jun 21, 2013 11:06 pm

I cant tell if that is an insult, a complement, or just an observation, but one racist joke shouldn't make me insane :?

Also I agree with Voltaire, he's a good singer check him on youtube. Back to the serious matter I agree that we should have the right to say it, however if someone is openly trying to cause a revolt or anarchy with words just for the lulz, then I believe the Government has the right to protect itself. I also believe that thinking like that about the government may make you paranoid, and cause you to see everything the government does, good or bad, as selfish or self-righteous.

(Everything here pertains to America and non-politically corrupt systems [by non-politicaly corrupt, I mean that the pople still have freedoms and a choice that cannot be changed by the government])

I will say that each government member is concerned for his/her own sake though, and that most put themselves above the country, but as long as they think they have the American people fooled (which for the most part they are) then we are safe because they won't do anything too large. And besides, none of them will implement a long-term violent control act, simply because they are afraid of losing power. We have em' by the balls, whether we know what to do with em or not. SO they can do their sly, secret stuff, but they can't cause dissent, or they would lose power, they can't implement mass-violence policies or implement martial law without losing power, and if they don't vote the way we want, then they lose power. However if they vote based on our opinions and do things that at least seem like for the good of the people, then they stay in power and believe they have us fooled.

(End American Rant here)

Peace

"I come in peace and I mean no harm, however over the next 48 hours most of you will die or be tortured and the rest enslaved."-Galaxar in Monsters versus Aliens

TVR
Militia Commander
Militia Commander
Posts: 334
Joined: Sat Sep 08, 2012 3:26 am

Re: PRISM: Internet surveillance & You

Post by TVR » Sun Jun 23, 2013 8:33 am

Jay2Jay wrote:I cant tell if that is an insult, a complement, or just an observation, but one racist joke shouldn't make me insane :?
He was never insane, he was just going through puberty.

Seriously, here are his two longest posts, maybe you'll find them interesting: http://forums.kronosaur.com/viewtopic.p ... feacb69e54 & http://forums.kronosaur.com/viewtopic.p ... 87&p=48456

What I've been trying to say is that you are very close to getting a perma-ban like him. They already find you annoying, and won't hesitate to get rid of you if you're not careful with what you say.
Jay2Jay wrote:Also I agree with Voltaire, he's a good singer check him on youtube.
That quote is actually from a very famous 18th/19th century writer who had the pen name, Voltaire.
Jay2Jay wrote:just for the lulz,
Who determines whether a revolt is "just for the lulz" or not?
Jay2Jay wrote:... if someone is openly trying to cause a revolt or anarchy with words just for the lulz, then I believe the Government has the right to protect itself. ...
Do you believe any government has the right to kill protestors who demand for their leaders to step down and face criminal charges?

They are revolting, in a way. And by existing they are encouraging others to join them in their revolt. Shouldn't the government protect itself?
Jay2Jay wrote: I will say that each government member is concerned for his/her own sake though, and that most put themselves above the country, but as long as they think they have the American people fooled (which for the most part they are) then we are safe because they won't do anything too large. And besides, none of them will implement a long-term violent control act, simply because they are afraid of losing power. We have em' by the balls, whether we know what to do with em or not. SO they can do their sly, secret stuff, but they can't cause dissent, or they would lose power, they can't implement mass-violence policies or implement martial law without losing power, and if they don't vote the way we want, then they lose power. However if they vote based on our opinions and do things that at least seem like for the good of the people, then they stay in power and believe they have us fooled.
Translation: As long as you behave, we won't have to punish you.

Is that right?
Fiction is reality, simplified for mass consumption.
PGP: 0x940707ED, 5DB8 4CB4 1EF5 E987 18A0 CD99 3554 3C13 9407 07ED
Bitcoin: 1LLDr7pnZDjXVT5mMDrkqRKkAPByPCQiXQ

Jay2Jay
Militia Commander
Militia Commander
Posts: 282
Joined: Fri Jan 11, 2013 12:57 am

Re: PRISM: Internet surveillance & You

Post by Jay2Jay » Sun Jun 23, 2013 2:51 pm

What I've been trying to say is that you are very close to getting a perma-ban like him. They already find you annoying, and won't hesitate to get rid of you if you're not careful with what you say.
I had no idea that I was close to a perma-ban, and I don't know what might cause one, as I have done my best to behave.
Jay2Jay wrote:Also I agree with Voltaire, he's a good singer check him on youtube.
That quote is actually from a very famous 18th/19th century writer who had the pen name, Voltaire.
I know who Voltaire is, I just forgot to put that I did. Also, I thought that he was 17th-18th century.
Jay2Jay wrote:... if someone is openly trying to cause a revolt or anarchy with words just for the lulz, then I believe the Government has the right to protect itself. ...
Do you believe any government has the right to kill protestors who demand for their leaders to step down and face criminal charges?

They are revolting, in a way. And by existing they are encouraging others to join them in their revolt. Shouldn't the government protect itself?
What I meant by "just for the lulz" is a pointless revolt just to cause trouble. If thee is any merit behind it, then no, they do not have the right to stop the protest. Also, I have a feeling that the government would not actually kill or assasinate a protestor, mainly because any death of a protestor, especially the one leading the protest, would look suspicious and cause lots of contreversy. So like I said, a pointless revolt should be stopped (most likely by arresting the leader and any violent protestors) simply because its chaos for the sake of chaos.

[quote\]
Translation: As long as you behave, we won't have to punish you.
Is that right?
[/quote]

It depends on the context. If you are saying that the government has to behave or the people punish them, then yes. To a certain extent, it works the other way around. If the people don't "behave" (as in obey laws) then yes, the government will punish the people. But like I said, this power goes to a certain extent. as there is always the next election. :twisted:

Other than that, I was inspired by a couple of He-who-should-not-be-named's posts, as I have been lurking for a year or so, and thought that his energetic nature was a "breath of fresh air", and I was simply going on what others had told me about him. That he had started trouble, did almost nothing for himself, and was insane. I was shocked to here these things from such well respected members, (I won't name, names here to protect privacy) and believed them, as like I said, they are well respected memebers of the Transcendence community.

What I want to know, now and forever is what in God's name happened to the guy? I hear different stories from each side, so I think the record should be set straight.

Oh, and what (if anything) did he do wrong? Am I making those same mistakes?

Thank you.

User avatar
Ttech
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Posts: 2738
Joined: Tue Nov 06, 2007 12:03 am
Location: Traveling in the TARDIS
Contact:

Re: PRISM: Internet surveillance & You

Post by Ttech » Mon Jun 24, 2013 11:32 pm

This topic is getting a bit out of hand. Going to lock this for now.

Locked

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests