Codec Packs: K-Lite or Shark007?

Talk about anything not related to Transcendence.
erik dela cruz
Militia Captain
Militia Captain
Location: Patrolling Scarborough Shoal and the Spratlys Islands (West Philippine Sea)

If you're on Windows OS(XP,Vista, 7, 8, 8.1) some of you probably experienced the video/audio bugs (popping, cracking sound,etc ...)same as i did. I survived using HP native app recovery disc occasionally but am considering downloadable codec packs available out there. Question: Which Codec Pack is better: K-Lite or Shark?
.....cry without weeping......
.....talk without speaking......
.....scream without raising your voice......
digdug
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Cccp is lighter and safer. (And guaranteed adware free)
Klite might have adware.

Unless you want to encode videos or transcode, I think the best solution is no codec pack at all and use VLC instead.
erik dela cruz
Militia Captain
Militia Captain
Location: Patrolling Scarborough Shoal and the Spratlys Islands (West Philippine Sea)

Thanks Digdug. Browsing thru threads related here, some suggest the same but nowadays, even viewing YT has become a hassle. Some suggests that ActiveX or Flash player is involved(in Mozilla). Lucky I found frequent cleaning with CCleaner somewhat helpful but there are certain cases when the sound is so distorted even the video gets affected that I resort to repairing the native decoder.
.....cry without weeping......
.....talk without speaking......
.....scream without raising your voice......