A little help, Please

Talk about anything not related to Transcendence.
Burzmali
Militia Commander
Militia Commander

dvlenk6 wrote:
Burzmali wrote:The buildings in your images look like they are made from matte finished marble patterned plastic in this light.
Thanks. :lol:

Overall, I thought they turned rather well for one and done quicky mesh tests. Guess I was wrong about that.
Actually, I think I've spotted what was bothering me. The scale of the texture is too large. They cause the buildings to look like tiny models. The woman in the last image looks like she is standing against the wall in a tile bathroom. I don't know if you have enough marble texture to prevent the buildings from looking overly similar on every surface, but scaling down those textures would help.
Icabod458
Miner
Miner

dvlenk6

I just finished a course that uses 3ds max. I have to say this that I have a very deep respect for anybody who can create models like you have done. I am very new to 3D creation and after that ten week course, I can honestly say you do excellent work. I had seen your work that you have done in these forums and wondered what package you used to create your work.

I will say it again, what you do is excellent. If I continue to work with 3ds Max for another ten years, I might just do as well as you.

Please keep up the excellent work!
dvlenk6
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

Icabod458 wrote:...If I continue to work with 3ds Max for another ten years, I might just do as well as you...
Give it a couple months :wink:
Here's some links to help you get going:

3DS Max Forums:
All these sites have active 3DS Max specific forums, they also have general area forums (for animation, real time, etc.) that deal with general techniques.
CG Society Forums
Highend 3D forums
Renderosity Forums
I think you can read the forums without registering; but can't post.
- - - - -
3DS Max Plug-in/script repository - Most of the plugins and scripts available for Max can be found here. A lot of them are free. Just make sure you hit the link to the version you have.
"War is hell."
-William Tecumseh Sherman
http://dvlenk6.blackraven3d.com/transgals.html