code examples

This is a moderated forum that collects tutorials, guides, and references for creating Transcendence extensions and scripts.
Ttech
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Betelgeuse wrote:as I said in the post you need to be wary when working with flags. If you have any questions about anything though I would gladly hear them. I would love feedback on the various posts in here.

me hides. :P

LOL.
Ok. I will. :) But for now I'm styaing away from the modding (code) right now only plain XML and a litlte cdoe. :)
Betelgeuse
Fleet Officer
Fleet Officer

hex (base 16) dec (base 10) and binary (base 2)

Those of the three most common number systems you will see in transcendence. One really easy way to convert is to open up calc.exe that is in C:\WINDOWS\system32 in windows xp (is it in Vista?)

go to view and select scientific.
press the dec toggle and enter your number you want to convert then press hex to convert to hex or bin to convert to binary.

hex number go from 0 to F (transcendence doesn't care about upper or lower case)
dec numbers go from 0 to 9 (its the numbers you use every day)
binary number are only 0 and 1

UNID in the xml are in hex. To enter a number in hex into transcendence you prefix it with 0x

0x4001 = 16385
in binary it would be 100000000000001 (does anyone know how to put binary numbers into transcendence?)
Crying is not a proper retort!
Ttech
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Betelgeuse wrote:hex (base 16) dec (base 10) and binary (base 2)

Those of the three most common number systems you will see in transcendence. One really easy way to convert is to open up calc.exe that is in C:\WINDOWS\system32 in windows xp (is it in Vista?)

go to view and select scientific.
press the dec toggle and enter your number you want to convert then press hex to convert to hex or bin to convert to binary.

hex number go from 0 to F (transcendence doesn't care about upper or lower case)
dec numbers go from 0 to 9 (its the numbers you use every day)
binary number are only 0 and 1

UNID in the xml are in hex. To enter a number in hex into transcendence you prefix it with 0x

0x4001 = 16385
in binary it would be 100000000000001 (does anyone know how to put binary numbers into transcendence?)

Me is working on a converter so we can be platform independant. :) I use Ubuntu 7.10 and WINE, although it is a little sluggish (compaired to windows on thesame computer), it wokrs quite well.
Betelgeuse
Fleet Officer
Fleet Officer

ok my take on it is if you have Ubuntu you can do that stuff in your head
Crying is not a proper retort!
Ttech
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Betelgeuse wrote:ok my take on it is if you have Ubuntu you can do that stuff in your head

Ttech cries... :)

No! Ubuntu is more like Windows then you think. A lot more like that. The ocmmand line is no longer a major part, I'm using ubntu on a latop that could not hadle Vista and it has Amazing effects that are as good if not better then vista and you can turn them on or off. Its great. Then again, I'm good tat the command line, but not hex. :P LOL That does not maek sense, but its ture.
Ttech
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

My friend on the other hand can do that. :P And he still uses XP.

Maybe this will help someone. http://www.deckerd.com/understandingchmod/

I know its on chmodding, but it helps with hex too. :)