Modder's Programs

This is a moderated forum that collects tutorials, guides, and references for creating Transcendence extensions and scripts.
JohnBWatson
Fleet Officer
Fleet Officer

Re: Modder's Programs

Post by JohnBWatson » Tue Jun 16, 2015 11:54 pm

Does anyone know which programs George or the TSB devs use? Those models have impressive quality, so it'd be worth pointing it out in the OP, and perhaps posting one of the screenshots as an example.

Shrike
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Location: Scouting the borders of sanity (there's a lovely view of the abyss).

Post by Shrike » Wed Jun 17, 2015 12:23 am

JohnBWatson wrote:Does anyone know which programs George or the TSB devs use? Those models have impressive quality, so it'd be worth pointing it out in the OP, and perhaps posting one of the screenshots as an example.
George uses Caligari Truespace (which is ancient, but works). Can't remember what Wolfy uses.
Your friendly local genderqueer weapons designer & forum moderator. My pronoun is "They".

Shrike's Mines and Missiles++. Includes parts of the old Auton Overhaul and Allegedly Superior Sounds mods as well as an updated version of the MOTM-winning SM&M! Designed for Version 1.6.3

TheLoneWolf
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

Re:

Post by TheLoneWolf » Tue Mar 29, 2016 3:23 pm

schilcote wrote:I use notepad++.
This guy

digdug
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by digdug » Fri Feb 17, 2017 7:31 pm

UPDATED syntax highlighting for jEdit to Transcendence 1.7 beta 6
:D

Now all the files + instructions are included in a zip for convenience :
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/720869/xml2.zip

In this version I added to the syntax highlighting all the vars used by all the functions (those with a single quote):
so now if you encounter something like 'noFriendlyFire, it will be highlighted for your (and mine) convenience.

NMS
Militia Commander
Militia Commander

Post by NMS » Sat Feb 18, 2017 8:05 pm

This looks extremely useful. Unfortunately, if I put your <Mode> entry in the catalog before the regular xml entry, jEdit crashes on start with a BeanShell error about a null pointer. (Maybe it breaks jEdit's ability to read an important file?) And if I put it after, it doesn't do anything.