Station Creation

This is a moderated forum that collects tutorials, guides, and references for creating Transcendence extensions and scripts.
ThePrivateer
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

How do I go about making sure a custom-made station always appears in Eridani and is visible from the start?

Can I just put this in the Adventure Extension along with my Station?

Thanks! :D
digdug
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

There are a few ways:

you have to edit the eridani system, place your station whereever you want, and include it to your adventure extension.

or, you can use the same method as PKodon's mod: a virtual system that runs an event that will spawn your station. Have a look at http://xelerus.de/index.php?s=mod&id=605 for the example.
SiaFu
Commonwealth Pilot
Commonwealth Pilot

Thanks for the helpful tip, digdug. I've been looking for an elegant way to spawn a station in the system before Charon (without overriding all relevant system definitions).
The mod by PKodon provides both the method for required station constraint (Charon stargate) search and my station spawning.
Mods here & there.Banners thanks to: digdug .
Atarlost
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

SiaFu wrote:Thanks for the helpful tip, digdug. I've been looking for an elegant way to spawn a station in the system before Charon (without overriding all relevant system definitions).
The mod by PKodon provides both the method for required station constraint (Charon stargate) search and my station spawning.
That would also have it appear in the system after Charon I think.

I think the system after is always St. K so excluding based on one of its stations might work.