Facebook and Transcendence, the Quiet Music.

Discuss the community, including forums, xelerus, wiki, chat, and trac.
shanejfilomena
Fleet Officer
Fleet Officer

No it is not a new movie :(
But Erik and I randomly try to check the facebook page for the game and :
http://www.facebook.com/Transcendence?sk=wall

well, I THOUGHT out of the hundreds of players we were not the only ones looking to help George with his Social Network Multi-tasking.

I , personally, have : MySpace, facebook, Multiply, Orangeboys, Orangeboys2, Tumblr, tinypic, photobucket,4Shared.....

I am Spread Kind of Thin Over here and I don't even own the wireless signal I am using ( it's my cousin's ).

If you have a facebook account ,
PLEASE check in to the page and try help us avoid those " Is this page ever updated?" comments.
Look for questions about the game, technical issue comments : same as you do here :
I posted some images, but YOU have far better ones :

This is a game played by far more people then the Forum sees, Even in different countries !!.
datal is in Poland : but he can do English so we see him :
and from what he says, it is obvious One does not have to read the language to play the game.

Which I understand : I was a game Jumper Looking for a game I could ENJOY , Until I found Transcendence :)
I just can't do Japanese-like language: I get totally confused seeing it. but Russian, Polish, German language games I can handle.

So IF you have facebook : get it into your stream, on your walls, living room rug : whatever.......
If not : then at least poke around to look - the page is public - and you can always mention it to those with accounts there.

THANX.
Take of yourself and, each other : the Universe is a lonely place for a pilgrim on their way to the core.
Last edited by shanejfilomena on Thu Apr 19, 2012 10:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Flying Irresponsibly In Eridani......

I don't like to kill pirates in cold blood ..I do it.. but I don't like it..
erik dela cruz
Militia Captain
Militia Captain
Location: Patrolling Scarborough Shoal and the Spratlys Islands (West Philippine Sea)

I believe there's so much to be said about Trans that, gosh seeing the FB page asleep makes me wonder,........, why are the forum members so anti-social? :lol:
shanejfilomena wrote: If not : then at least poke around to look - the page is pubic - and you can always mention it to those with accounts

....err Shane is "pubic" proper? Hehehe. :lol:
.....cry without weeping......
.....talk without speaking......
.....scream without raising your voice......
shanejfilomena
Fleet Officer
Fleet Officer

Ummm : oops :)
The keyboard and fingers do not type well together. which is why I often edit my posts several times in a row after looking again : spell check does not help, I think it is often a conspiracy :)
Flying Irresponsibly In Eridani......

I don't like to kill pirates in cold blood ..I do it.. but I don't like it..
erik dela cruz
Militia Captain
Militia Captain
Location: Patrolling Scarborough Shoal and the Spratlys Islands (West Philippine Sea)

shanejfilomena wrote:Ummm : oops :)
The keyboard and fingers do not type well together. which is why I often edit my posts several times in a row after looking again : spell check does not help, I think it is often a conspiracy :)
yeah right. :roll:
Ttech
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

The main social networks are a good place to setup shop with a transcendence page.
george moromisato
Developer
Developer

Shane makes a really good point.

I have been planning to re-start that part towards the end of the year (perhaps for 1.09) but there is no harm in being active now.

Perhaps links to particularly interesting posts on the forums might be help. Certainly there should be a post every time a new beta build appears.
erik dela cruz
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

Yay! George agrees!:D
Note: I'm a particularly overly reactive kind of Facebook friend (ask Shane). Add me at your own risk. Hehehe. :twisted:
Ttech
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

erik dela cruz wrote:I believe there's so much to be said about Trans that, gosh seeing the FB page asleep makes me wonder,........, why are the forum members so anti-social? :lol:
shanejfilomena wrote: If not : then at least poke around to look - the page is pubic - and you can always mention it to those with accounts

....err Shane is "pubic" proper? Hehehe. :lol:

anti-social or being actually social? There are more communication mediums being used then just Facebook. while facebook is great to get a certain group of people into transcendence, it is not nearly the fastest or best suited in many cases. Also, the ability to not be tied to friend requests and other silly parts of facebook is an added bonus. :)

Don't get me wrong, I am a huge supporter of making Transcendence known, and I think we should do something about it. We can mirror activity that is done on the forums on the facebook page, however a big part is we need things to post about there
Androgeos
Commonwealth Pilot
Commonwealth Pilot

Well, the IRC channel is ridiculously active ... and why shouldn't it be? It's a coder's haven, that place is. I've personally made leaps and bounds of progress on my Descendence mod just by visiting there.
[10:42] <Katami> TTECH: IT SEYS "ONCE YOU ENTAR A EYSTEM HAHAHAHAAHH~~~!~~~!<3<3<3
[10:42] <Katami> ~ROLLL 1D100 L0LL0LL0LL0LHAHHAHHAH!~!!~~:-):-):-)
Star Weaver
Militia Commander
Militia Commander
Location: . . . between the stars and the warm black sky . . .

george moromisato wrote:Shane makes a really good point.

I have been planning to re-start that part towards the end of the year (perhaps for 1.09) but there is no harm in being active now.

Perhaps links to particularly interesting posts on the forums might be help. Certainly there should be a post every time a new beta build appears.
Hmm, I don't know much about that, but could you consider at least putting a mention that beta versions exist and that they're in the announcements forum on the official page somewhere? I mean, I know you don't want to make the beta line look official, but a line near the download saying "Beta versions are released in the Announcements forum" would be sufficient.

(The people we get in IRC who haven't figured out that there's a beta version are VERY confused sometimes >_>)