Quick Fix for Ugly IRC logs

Discuss the community, including forums, xelerus, wiki, chat, and trac.
Star Weaver
Militia Commander
Militia Commander
Location: . . . between the stars and the warm black sky . . .

Hi! We all love Ttech for keeping the IRC logs going, but the current colorscheme of them is kind of hard to read and some name colors just don't stand out on white.

So, I made the world's shortest CSS patch -- for firefox, if you have stylish, just select 'write new style for this site', plonk the code below in there, and give it a name. For other browsers, you can probably use the fact that this is a bog simple patch to do it yourself using another method.

For firefox without stylish, you can create a new content css override file by taking the text below and pasting it into a new text file called:

C:\Documents and Settings\<MyUserName>\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\<random gibberish directory name>\chrome\userContent.css

For the standard installation and all on windows xp. Windows 7 changes 'documents and settings' to 'users' and I don't know if 'application data' has the same name or not, but it should be easy once you find 'mozilla'

Code: Select all

@namespace url(http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml);

@-moz-document domain("transcendence.mostlynothing.info") {

body {
background-color: black;
color:white;
}

}

Oh, and if anyone doesn't know, Stylish is a firefox addon for tweaking how sites look. There's a whole repository of makeovers for various sites you can use with it. I didn't upload this anywhere because it's so basic and the log server is quasi-private, didn't want random people finding out about it in reverse ;).

It's available at https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/stylish/ if anyone is curious; it dosen't run any actual code, so it's safer and less invasive than GreaseMonkey (another domain-specific modifiaction plugin) can be.
Amariithynar
Militia Commander
Militia Commander

If someone can direct me as to how to do this under Windows 7, that would be appreciated.
Ttech
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

i patched the log viewet, however i need to rewrite it to add some goodness