Mod Reviews, Testing, and more

Discuss the community, including forums, xelerus, wiki, chat, and trac.
RPC
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Location: Hmm... I'm confused. Anybody have a starmap to the Core?

I was the last one to update Xelerus and added ~80 pages on the wiki. I also fixed up the main page and continue to add links.
Tutorial List on the Wiki and Installing Mods
Get on Discord for mod help and general chat
Der Tod ist der zeitlose Frieden und das leben ist der Krieg
Wir müssen wissen — wir werden wissen!
I don't want any sort of copyright on my Transcendence mods. Feel free to take/modify whatever you want.
Vachtra
Militia Commander
Militia Commander

Well, if no one else wants to claim the review for this month I'll take it on.
It will take me a few days at best to finish testing and reviewing them.
Something I need to know is where to post it when I'm done.

Anyone want to collaborate on a format?
So far thinking:

Version:
Required mods:
Type of mod:
Owner:
Assistance:
Description:
Review:

Not necessarily in that order.
"Have you guys ever watched the show?" ~ Guy
ThePrivateer
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

RPC wrote:I was the last one to update Xelerus and added ~80 pages on the wiki. I also fixed up the main page and continue to add links.
Wow. This community really is small - I think the sooner George opens Trans up to more of the world, the better everything will be.

I can't guarantee anything long-term, but assuming we still have the three-winners for September, if Vachtra is willing to review my mod, I can help with one of the others, and if we can get a third person to do a third mod, then at least we can all split the work, at the very least for this month.

Long-term, if we still can't find enough writers, then it's really unfair to keep lumping work on the older members of the community - we all have personal lives, and we're all getting older, with more commitments, so how some of these guys have managed to keep everything rolling is beyond me. :shock:
Ttech
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

FourFire wrote:
RPC wrote:I'm already single handedly updating Xelerus and Wiki, I can't do everything by myself >.>
You do? Doesn't anyone else maintain the wiki and xelerus?

The Wiki is maintained, its manned by a few people such as RPC. Which does a commendable job doing it too!
It could use help to get more work on the updating content though
RPC
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Location: Hmm... I'm confused. Anybody have a starmap to the Core?

@Vachtra: I did some reviews with ThePrivateer ages ago:
http://neurohack.com/transcendence/foru ... ews#p34699
For the meanwhile I think we can revive that old thread, and I'll see about fixing the WP account I have.

I also did some video reviews:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bRCwMuthXwE&feature=plcp

Also, Vachtra, feel free to just review just one. I don't want you to spend ~7 hours looking and reviewing all the mods for MoTM. The blurb on Xelerus is supposed to sell it to you :D
You'll be the trendsetter though, so you don't have to follow the old format.

I can do the third review ;)
Tutorial List on the Wiki and Installing Mods
Get on Discord for mod help and general chat
Der Tod ist der zeitlose Frieden und das leben ist der Krieg
Wir müssen wissen — wir werden wissen!
I don't want any sort of copyright on my Transcendence mods. Feel free to take/modify whatever you want.
ThePrivateer
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

RPC wrote:@Vachtra: I did some reviews with ThePrivateer ages ago:
http://neurohack.com/transcendence/foru ... ews#p34699
For the meanwhile I think we can revive that old thread, and I'll see about fixing the WP account I have.

I can do the third review ;)
Good old RPC! :D You're a trooper, mate. :D

Once we've at least got a few reviews on my old thread, we can port that across to WP.
Ttech
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

I think the four of us are interested in doing this, so lets start planning out schedules? When we want to do the reviews and rotate from that? I think if all four of us do it will be picked once every 4 months, which isn't too bad!
ThePrivateer
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

Ttech wrote:I think the four of us are interested in doing this, so lets start planning out schedules? When we want to do the reviews and rotate from that? I think if all four of us do it will be picked once every 4 months, which isn't too bad!
Would we only be reviewing winning mods? Or should we be doing all mods?

If it's just MOTM, well then, that's probably right for one person, but if it's all mods released in a month, that's a massive task. :shock:
Ttech
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

ThePrivateer wrote:
Ttech wrote:I think the four of us are interested in doing this, so lets start planning out schedules? When we want to do the reviews and rotate from that? I think if all four of us do it will be picked once every 4 months, which isn't too bad!

If it's just MOTM, well then, that's probably right for one person, but if it's all mods released in a month, that's a massive task. :shock:
Well, we don't have enough people to do every mod, so just winning mods. Probably should do projected winnners so the mods get released around the same time as a mod wins.
Ttech
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

ThePrivateer wrote:

Well, we don't have enough people to do every mod, so just winning mods. Probably should do projected winnners so the mods get released around the same time as a mod wins.
ThePrivateer
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

Ttech wrote:
ThePrivateer wrote:

Well, in that case, I'm going to project the triple winners of September as Ships INC, Salvager's Fleet and Emergency Escape Beacons.

That's three mods - we have four people willing to do it.

I'm offering to take next month's one, and if needs be, I can help out this month.

I'm thinking we can just re-construct the old thread, in a new form, and maybe Ttech, you can sticky it for the meantime? Is there a way to lock a thread from comments, but allow a group (say, Mod Reviewers) to edit it?
Ttech
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

FourFire wrote:
RPC wrote:I'm already single handedly updating Xelerus and Wiki, I can't do everything by myself >.>
You do? Doesn't anyone else maintain the wiki and xelerus?

We need more helping hands, if you do the recent wiki edits, much of it is RPC and a few select others.
Vachtra
Militia Commander
Militia Commander

I think I'll take ThePrivateer's suggestion and review his mod, Emergency Escape Beacons, and leave the other two to him and whoever else wants to help out this month.
The mod says it's for version 1.08. Can I test it on 1.08l or will that mess with things?
"Have you guys ever watched the show?" ~ Guy
Cygnus.X1
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant

I'd love to step up and review something, but I dunno if I can stick to any schedule as my real life circumstances suck most of the time. (~80% of my computer based "fun time" is actually at work after I've caught up on my work. :oops: )

If nothing else methinks I'll apply for a TWiki account, I'm good at re-formatting and such ;) (What? I already have one, with edit rights? When did I get that? :o :mrgreen: )
ThePrivateer
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

Vachtra wrote:I think I'll take ThePrivateer's suggestion and review his mod, Emergency Escape Beacons, and leave the other two to him and whoever else wants to help out this month.
The mod says it's for version 1.08. Can I test it on 1.08l or will that mess with things?
Should work fine on any of the 1.08 versions, I know I developed it on k, but it should be okay.

I'm happy to take next month's, but considering we have the three-mods this month, I'll also take Salvager's as a quick little review, and leave Ships INC to somebody else, if that's right with everyone.