[George] Request: New Board

Discuss the community, including forums, xelerus, wiki, chat, and trac.
TVR
Militia Commander
Militia Commander

New Board: Kronosaur Productions War Room

A place for news, discussions, consultations, feedback and suggestions on the future of Kronosaur Productions and the development of its games and services. A board like this would allow prompt and specific feedback from the community on a wide range of issues, hopefully resulting in better decisions for all.

Thoughts?
Fiction is reality, simplified for mass consumption.
PGP: 0x940707ED, 5DB8 4CB4 1EF5 E987 18A0 CD99 3554 3C13 9407 07ED
Bitcoin: 1LLDr7pnZDjXVT5mMDrkqRKkAPByPCQiXQ
RPC
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Location: Hmm... I'm confused. Anybody have a starmap to the Core?

I feel like we have to hold off on this. The future is fickle at best and there isn't enough concrete stuff to talk about.

Currently, we have:
-Transcendence
-D&O
-Multiverse
-CorporateCommand (a D&O DLC)
-Anacreon

I'd wait until either Anacreon fleshes out and gains its own playerbase (since it's smaller than D&O's and there's not enough participation from that community/ it's community is nonexistent).

Here are some triggers (not exhaustive though) that would prompt me to say yes:
-Transcendence has a huge burst in popularity
-There is one other, major service that Kronosaur Productions (I'll abbreviate it as KP from now on) has that has a significant fanbase (which right now honestly the number of fans I would ask for is 10 regular posters)
-Anacreon becomes popular
-George gets another developer into KP that works on new stuff/games with George's oversight.
Tutorial List on the Wiki and Installing Mods
Get on Discord for mod help and general chat
Der Tod ist der zeitlose Frieden und das leben ist der Krieg
Wir müssen wissen — wir werden wissen!
I don't want any sort of copyright on my Transcendence mods. Feel free to take/modify whatever you want.
george moromisato
Developer
Developer

I'm more than happy to answer questions about the business model, but I'm not sure a new board is necessary. Couldn't those topics go in Commonwealth?

Could you give an example of the kinds of topics you want to talk about?
TVR
Militia Commander
Militia Commander

RPC wrote: Here are some triggers (not exhaustive though) that would prompt me to say yes:
-Transcendence has a huge burst in popularity
-There is one other, major service that Kronosaur Productions (I'll abbreviate it as KP from now on) has that has a significant fanbase (which right now honestly the number of fans I would ask for is 10 regular posters)
-Anacreon becomes popular
-George gets another developer into KP that works on new stuff/games with George's oversight.
Sorry RPC, but miracles do not happen naturally - We must start planning before we can start succeeding, not vice-versa.

Plans require a place to discuss them, and for plans important to the success of Kronosaur Productions, we should really dedicate a board (Kronosaur Productions Planning and Development Board, AKA The War Room).
GeorgeMoromisato wrote: I'm more than happy to answer questions about the business model, but I'm not sure a new board is necessary. Couldn't those topics go in Commonwealth?
This suggestion is not for more Q&A, and is much, much more than just General Discussion of Transcendence.
GeorgeMoromisato wrote: Could you give an example of the kinds of topics you want to talk about?
Sure, but the details of each will be explained elsewhere:

Transcendence marketing strategy

Transcendence marketing campaigns

The price of Official Transcendence Extensions

Registration of Transcendence Extensions

Kronosaur Productions development priorities

Future Kronosaur Productions projects

Investments in Kronosaur Productions

Kronosaur Productions Strategic Direction

These are major topics that the average player of Transcendence or Anacreon would not seriously consider, but are nonetheless vital to the success of Kronosaur Productions. Things like advertising Transcendence will need nothing less than a team of volunteers (unless you insist on doing it alone), perhaps best deemed Kronosaur Productions Community Developers. This team will need a place to meet and chat with each other and with you. This is the rationale behind the War Room.

Thoughts?
Fiction is reality, simplified for mass consumption.
PGP: 0x940707ED, 5DB8 4CB4 1EF5 E987 18A0 CD99 3554 3C13 9407 07ED
Bitcoin: 1LLDr7pnZDjXVT5mMDrkqRKkAPByPCQiXQ
george moromisato
Developer
Developer

Let's repurpose the Kronosaur Productions forum. There's not much traffic there: http://forums.kronosaur.com/viewforum.php?f=47