An opinion that's not popular

Discuss the community, including forums, xelerus, wiki, chat, and trac.
shanejfilomena
Fleet Officer
Fleet Officer

I told you 1.08 is Evil -

And everybody ignored me..skipped over my posts/ comments and pretended I wasn't there..

THEN you saw it ..
suddenly I am Fleet Officer with a broom closet office in the basement like Fox Mulder.

Why was 1.08 Evil ? because everything had to re-written, Mods would not function properly or at all .. it was the beginning of the end for the Centauri Command Ship .

We had to Adapt ... and while the game has been Awesome in many ways..
In many ways we are now Plagued with things we did not have
on a scale that suggests Hostile activities

The problems we have been finding are the Effect - not the Cause - there is a defect inherent in every version and in every version there are patches for things that did not exist before - as opposed to .. I don't know ... scraping the code that started it all... and take it down to re-write

Drifting ships, dock screens going buggy missiles going crazy ...

I know alot of players want features...but whatever is lurking in the code that caused
the failures will be the death of our mission to the Core if we don't stop acting like Bureaucrats and taking things as Isolated incidents instead of looking at the entire Pattern of events.
Flying Irresponsibly In Eridani......

I don't like to kill pirates in cold blood ..I do it.. but I don't like it..
JohnBWatson
Fleet Officer
Fleet Officer

Restructuring the code, while inevitably creating bugs, was and is necessary to improve the game in the long term. The alternative is limiting the scope of the game noticeably and severely harming performance when new changes are forced into an engine that was not meant to handle them.
shanejfilomena
Fleet Officer
Fleet Officer

John, there is no room for Logic in a ranting opinion. :)

I know George has gone beyond anything he actually knew he would get completed and the community has been a treasure trove of ideas and road signs to the future.

But, I still believe the core of the bug problem is sitting in , not the new stuff as much, but in stuff that got past us because the game didn't have to work the magic it does today.

All I have been saying is that since the start of this adventure in fancy code, a bug slipped in and we never caught it - so we deal with the symptoms .. today it has friends that can be caught , but that Mother Bug , that Queen of the Bugs is hiding in the engine room and she has been there for a long time.
Flying Irresponsibly In Eridani......

I don't like to kill pirates in cold blood ..I do it.. but I don't like it..