New Mod: Random Station Items (released!)

Post about your finished mods here.
digdug
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

1 important notice (almost forgot):
FAD's Sealed Cargo Container Mod is included in this mod, with a little modification: items generated are systemlevel dependent. Basically the reward will be better as you progress in the game.

please also note that the code is filled with dbgOutput lines, so if you call the function in the console you actually "see" what's happening.

There are also a lot of lines of explanations in the code.

1 known bug: disposable launchers can sometimes be found at the armor dealers, and I don't know why. it's should be generated, like any other weapon using the "w" string, but the category is 16 (weapon launchers) and not 4 (weapons).

@Betel: Thanks for the explanations :D
Periculi
Fleet Officer
Fleet Officer

Excellent!

Now to put it to the test. :)

(and I'm back with an Addit:

So, stations sell damaged goods now? I am not sure I like this.

I haven't seen any in the lists yet, so hopefully it won't become an easily exploited feature (getting repairs done immediately for a profit!)

Seems to perform very similar to the default methods, except for a few bonus enhancements.
digdug
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

So, stations sell damaged goods now? I am not sure I like this.
Only the Tinker station is modded to generate random damaged goods.
Seems to perform very similar to the default methods, except for a few bonus enhancements.
Yes, stations are modded to be very close to the original <itmCreateRandom> tag.
However differences are clearly visible as you progress in the game.
Fuel Depots for example sell He3 rods only in the first systems, assembly and He3 rods as you travel, and xenotite rods later in game.