Post about your finished mods here.
Bobby
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

lots of new stuff!

first up is a shotgun that takes ammo.

there's a new ship, the Esel, it has the new tow rope on it

a new tow rope? sure, it's here.

a scanner divice, like on the Soph player ship, i can't remember if or how much it has been updated, but is sure is useful, especially in dwarg and ares space.

and now, changes to the ship screen. it lets you do a few things that may help. it should be even more usefull in .99 with some of the new functions. one of the things it does do is activate the unique action on your ship's "special" event tag, the esel has one(two, but one is in <!----> and does nothing).

EDIT: the superconducting shield now automaticaly recharges itself with your coils

So, opinions, suggestions, problems, etc., type away!
Last edited by Bobby on Sun Jun 01, 2008 6:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
digdug
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

heh, I like your autoreloading code, that you used also for the QAC :D

Cool!
Bobby
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

if you like that you'll love this.

i have a auto-recharge superconducting shield too, i'll put it on xelerus, but first i need some time to make it not depend on an event in the ship.

EDIT: done, it's under shield, link in first post.
Drazalon
Anarchist
Anarchist

Bobby wrote:if you like that you'll love this.

i have a auto-recharge superconducting shield too, i'll put it on xelerus, but first i need some time to make it not depend on an event in the ship.

EDIT: done, it's under shield, link in first post.
hmm sounds interesting, ill check on it. cant wait :D
"If God is the DJ, and Life is the dance floor; Love is the rhythm, and You are the music;flow" -Drazalon
digdug
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

So basically the invoke creates a 1x1 pixels station where you placed the ship independent recharging event ?

that's a pretty nice trick for placing an event ! :D
Cool!

I found only one drawback, do you have to reactivate the rechargin event every time you enter a new system ?
Bobby
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

ah, yes, i fogot to mention that...

the autorecharge superconducting shield must be started again every time you go through a gate.

mod page updated to reflect this.
digdug
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

I really like the idea of unique functions/abilities on ships. :)

Idea :idea:
I was wondering if we could fake that (and applying unique abilities) to any ship by using multiple dsShipInterior panes ?
The correct pane would be chosen depending on the ship you selcted and depending on the installed devices (in order to get installable abilities).

Do you think that is possible to do ?
george moromisato
Developer
Developer

digdug wrote:I really like the idea of unique functions/abilities on ships. :)

Idea :idea:
I was wondering if we could fake that (and applying unique abilities) to any ship by using multiple dsShipInterior panes ?
The correct pane would be chosen depending on the ship you selcted and depending on the installed devices (in order to get installable abilities).

Do you think that is possible to do ?
In general, I think it is best if unique functions are implemented via devices (maybe devices that unique to the ship class).

But I also like the idea of customizing the ship screen. In 0.99 I've added an attribute on player ships that lets you pick the ship screen. If you don't specify anything, it defaults to dsShipInterior. [I don't use this functionality in the base game, but maybe you all can come up with some ideas.]
Bobby
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

digdug wrote:Do you think that is possible to do ?
here's the plan, unique event triggers a new pane in the screen(this pane is chosen based on the player's ship), this pane has a few events, unique event(as in now), and some others i'll start working on it and put the new version under development until it is done.

any ideas for abilities of the starting ships? else i will just use these(unles inspiration strikes)
freighter, 10% effective sustain 20% weapon boost
saphire, 20% effective sustain 10% weapon boost
wolfen, 30%weapons power boost

devices: boost, station bust cannon, cynodcyst cannon burst, sheild regain increase

george moromisato wrote:In 0.99 I've added an attribute on player ships that lets you pick the ship screen.
sound good!

progress update: got the code for the pane switching done, testing
pane switching done. the energy fields for weapon and shield are done.
looking into device recognition.
cannot find installed devices, however can find items, the device must make items which are deleted when action used.
boost action close to ready to testing boost will not be activated from the ship screen. boost working, finishing. er- problems with fuel use, not done.
posting incomplete unique action ship screen under developmen, each starting ship has it's own action, and the non-starters can have one in it's events.

link to mod