Post Heretic Mod

A place to discuss mods in development and concepts for new mods.
Fatboy
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant

Does anyone have any star system name suggestions, storyline suggestions, armor suggestions, or shield suggestions for my post heretic mod that I'm working on?
F50
Fleet Officer
Fleet Officer

Firstly, I suggest that the Iocrym command ship is now obsolete and is the weakest alien capship you will ever come across.

It is known that there are exactly three main alien sovereigns immediately after heretic, one of which is the Iocrym. They are arranged in a rock-paper-scissors format.

Known Iocrym tech:

Repeller, healer, shield, disintegrator, plasma wall (don't know what that is actually called).

Due to the close-range weapons I suggest that all Iocrym ships be heavily focused on defence and long-range standoff fighting. Most of the Iocrym's weapons track and every last iocrym ship wields an advanced repeller.

The second alien race use mainly close-range offensive weapons and raw speed. Because they lack range, they supplement their arsenal with many ICX variants. Because of this, they tend to tear apart the Iocrym.

the third race focuses on FTL-tech and mid-range weaponry. Because they jump to safety when an enemy gets close, they tear apart the second race. However, their jumpdrives usually don't fool the Iocrym's tracking missiles and are slaughtered by the Iocrym. Their weaponry is fast (faster than lasers) but slow-firing.
Fatboy
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant

So... all of them are friends of the player, or not? I have the Iocrym as an enemy,
and a friendly Iocrym outlaw base.

Anybody have ship suggestions?
And what it should look like.
F50
Fleet Officer
Fleet Officer

All of them are non-hostile *initially*, but it is impossible to get out of the first system without making at least two of them hostile. Basically, you have to pick a side.

A way to introduce this to the player:

The Iocrym make first contact by asking you to dock at a non-hostile station whereupon the situation between the alien races is given to you and they ask you to join them and travel through the stargate. Next the second alien race asks you to join them and retrieve some equipment off of an Iocrym wreak (upon completion of which they give you some equipment and ask you to go through the stargate). While you are on the mission (regardless of whether or not you are actually trying to complete it), the third race contacts you and asks you to help them blow up a group of Iocrym heavy-gunship (an easy skirmish as you outnumber the enemy) and afterwards to gate out. Do one of the missions (just gate out, retrieve equipment, or take on the cruiser) and you will be allied with that faction. If you try to do both of the last two, then you will be at war with all three factions (and thus basically have nowhere to go).

Note that you are never given the choice to decline joining a particular faction (although you may choose not to dock or do any quests) since the Iocrym make it clear that your life is on the line. Furthermore, it should be left unexplained why the Iocrym and the other races don't try to blast you for escaping the quarantine although it may be assumed it is because of the ongoing war between the races.

Ships:

Iocrym command ship:

armor (2.0x hitpoints)
shield (1.5x hitpoints)
advanced healer (improved healing rate)
4-6 Repeller (does more damage and has 1.5x longer range)
QSD (does more damage),
4 (omni) Iocrym blasters (kyrtin blaster except with more damage)
Iocrym launcher (kyrtin launcher except the missiles are faster and track)

looks like the Iocrym command ship. Slightly faster and more maneuverable. Relatively slow fire-adjust

This ship is meant to hold the line and isn't primarily a missile-ship.

Iocrym Cruiser:

armor (basically what the iocrym has but only the regular 4 segments)
shield (0.75 what the iocrym has)
advanced healer
2 Repeller
(omni) Iocrym blaster
2 (omni) Iocrym launchers + plenty of missiles

looks like a cross between the Iocrym command ship and the Aquilla cruiser. About current Iocrym boss' speed/manueverabillity. Default fire-adjust (shoots as fast as the playership)

Iocrym heavy-gunship:

armor (0.5 of what iocrym has, only 4 segments)
shield (0.25 what Iocrym has)
Iocrym launcher + missiles
Repeller

looks like an Oromo gunship except blue like the other Iocrym ships. About the maneuverabillity/speed of an Oromo. slightly slow fire-adjust.

Fights standoff like all other Iocrym vessels (and thus really isn't much of a "gunship").

more later if this is going in the direction you want
Fatboy
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant

I think the first system idea might be a bit hard for me to code.
I was thinking of have 2 kinds of Armors, Old armor and new armor
and I like your suggestions

Lastly
Iocrym Cruiser:

armor (basically what the iocrym has but only the regular 4 segments)
shield (0.75 what the iocrym has)
advanced healer
2 Repeller
(omni) Iocrym blaster
2 (omni) Iocrym launchers + plenty of missiles

looks like a cross between the Iocrym command ship and the Aquilla cruiser. About current Iocrym boss' speed/manueverabillity. Default fire-adjust (shoots as fast as the playership)
What playership are you talking about and what do you mean by (shoots as fast as the playership)

And since 0.99 is released I think that I could add homeworlds in (like the Ares Homeworld) and new commonwealth ships, and new Ares ships.
Last edited by Fatboy on Tue Aug 05, 2008 5:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bobby
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

shoots as fast as the playership
i think this means shoots as fast as the weapon is cabable, like the playership does. a large portion of non player ships fire slower than the weapon is capable, typicaly half as fast i believe.
Periculi
Fleet Officer
Fleet Officer

Code: Select all

<AISettings
			fireRateAdj=		"25"
			fireAccuracy=		"90"
			perception=			"4"
			/>
fireRateAdj controls how fast the ai is allowed to shoot, and it can be much faster than the player!

Behold! A simple search of the forums and I found where I already got the answer from George about the rate.

http://neurohack.com/transcendence/foru ... irerateadj
F50
Fleet Officer
Fleet Officer

sorry, I was expecting that question and should've already posted an answer but then got lazy.
george_12aerohawk12
Miner
Miner

for what it should look like you could browse through devlenk6's gallery at http://dvlenk6.blackraven3d.com/dvlenk6 ... index.html
F50
Fleet Officer
Fleet Officer

Fatboy wrote:I think the first system idea might be a bit hard for me to code.
I can code it for you (it actually isn't that hard, especially now that I've been making/debugging missions for a *long* time) as long as you can furnish me with the ships and topo.

If I can just get events to trigger off of <OnEnteredGate>...
F50
Fleet Officer
Fleet Officer

Firstly, a quick discussion on damage types,

the Iocrym uses Plasma/antimatter
the second race (picx) uses Plasma/graviton
the third race uses Plasma/nano
The second alien race use mainly close-range offensive weapons and raw speed. Because they lack range, they supplement their arsenal with many ICX variants. Because of this, they tend to tear apart the Iocrym.
For now I will name the second race the "Picx"

Picx ships are generally quite small, and even their largest ships fight like gunships. Picx ships are named after famous battles (like Sung are named after terrain and Ares after natural phenomena).

Picx plasma weapons projectiles look like the plasma cannon projectile except much, much smaller.

Picx Augincourt-class gunship:

Armor (Picx-lattice, a type of enhanced diamond lattice)
Shield (Picx-generator, fast-regen, decent hp, but not very resistant to damage)
3 Picx-ICX (plasma-shot ICX)
Dual Plasma-repeater (30-35ls range, 3x repeating)

fast and good maneuverabillity. Like Wind Slaver except faster.

looks like the first red ship from dvlenk6's ships except black-ish, without the nose-thing, without the engine, and with two gun battries on either side of the nose of the ship. If you can think of something better (or just can't understand me), please use that idea instead.

Picx Trafalgar-class heavy-gunship

Armor (heavy Picx-lattice)
Shield (Picx-generator)
3 Picx-ICX (plasma-shot ICX)
turreted Plasma-repeater
Dual Gravibor cannon (graviton weapon, fast-shot, rapid-fire, looks like and tracks like SmartCannon except much better tracking, 50-60 ls range)

fast as the gunship, but not quite as maneuverable.

Dunno about looks. Perhaps 2-3 of the Augincourt-class kind of stacked together?

Picx Thermopylae-class destroyer.

Armor (heavy Picx-lattice, but more of it than the Trafalgar)
Shield (Picx-regenerator, a larger version of the picx-generator)
5 Picx-ICX
5 turreted Plasma-repeaters
3 turreted Gravibor cannons

looks like Superfreighter (the black superfreighter design in large ships) from dvlenk6's ships, except smaller.
Periculi
Fleet Officer
Fleet Officer

Alien ships named after famous Earth battles, F50? They must be fans!
Aury
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Location: Somewhere in the Frontier on a Hycrotan station, working on new ships.

Fatboy wrote:And since 0.99 is released I think that I could add homeworlds in (like the Ares Homeworld) and new commonwealth ships, and new Ares ships.
FYI, ares are from mars and so you could just make the sol system (but I was doing that too ^^ :lol: )
(shpOrder gPlayership 'barrelRoll)
(plySetGenome gPlayer (list 'Varalyn 'nonBinary))
Homelab Servers: Xeon Silver 4110, 16GB | Via Quadcore C4650, 16GB | Athlon 200GE, 8GB | i7 7800X, 32GB | Threadripper 1950X, 32GB | Atom x5 8350, 4GB | Opteron 8174, 16GB | Xeon E5 2620 v3, 8GB | 2x Xeon Silver 4116, 96GB, 2x 1080ti | i7 8700, 32GB, 6500XT
Workstations & Render machines: Threadripper 3990X, 128GB, 6900XT | Threadripper 2990WX, 32GB, 1080ti | Xeon Platinum 8173M, 48GB, 1070ti | R9 3900X, 16GB, Vega64 | 2x E5 2430L v2, 24GB, 970 | R7 3700X, 32GB, A6000
Gaming Systems: R9 5950X, 32GB, 6700XT
Office Systems: Xeon 5318Y, 256GB, A4000
Misc Systems: R5 3500U, 20GB | R5 2400G, 16GB | i5 7640X, 16GB, Vega56 | E5 2620, 8GB, R5 260 | P4 1.8ghz, 0.75GB, Voodoo 5 5500 | Athlon 64 x2 4400+, 1.5GB, FX 5800 Ultra | Pentium D 3.2ghz, 4GB, 7600gt | Celeron g460, 8GB, 730gt | 2x Athlon FX 74, 8GB, 8800gts 512 | FX 9590, 16GB, R9 295x2 | E350, 8GB | Phenom X4 2.6ghz, 16GB, 8800gt | random core2 duo/atom/i5/i7 laptops
Fatboy
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant

So... I'm working on it. current release for v0.1 is September 1.

I'll be using ships from the game for a while, probably.

Same way with stations.
Fatboy
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant

Update:
Devices that will be in mod version 1:
New Iocrym Repeller : done
New QSD : done
New Iocrym Cocoon : not done
new Iocrym veil : not done
New Kytryn Plasma Thrower : done
Kytryn Launcher and new missiles : done
and 6 kinds of shields from the Kytryn Manufactering. done
the Kytryn 1000
the Kytryn 1500
the Kytryn 3000
the Kytryn 5000
and the Kyrtryn 10000
Last edited by Fatboy on Fri Aug 15, 2008 2:03 am, edited 6 times in total.