Commonwealth ID proof of concept

A place to discuss mods in development and concepts for new mods.
Betelgeuse
Fleet Officer
Fleet Officer

one test I would like you to do on your solution

on a screen with more than one item go to the last item and press I twice. Does it crash?
Crying is not a proper retort!
Periculi
Fleet Officer
Fleet Officer

Yes, it crashes.

You know what though- I don't like not updating the screen.

You don't get credits updated.

You have to do extra nonsense to stop crashes.

Who cares where the cursor ends up for this usage?

If instead your action updated the screen, these issues would be solved.

But I still think that there is a way to catch the cursor from crashing. My code isn't very well structured- it's a hacked patch to see if there is a way to prevent the cursor from losing the list- that's why I am not posting the code. I think that you could build in a little more robust error catching in there somehow and make this work without the blank entry, although looking at the various ways this causes a hard crash, maybe the blank entry is a good idea...

edit- well, shootz, I can't get the cursor to stop going off the end of the list. hmm.. I suppose make the nil entry say something clever like "the end of the list" :lol:
Last edited by Periculi on Sun Aug 24, 2008 9:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Betelgeuse
Fleet Officer
Fleet Officer

well for most uses it will not be important but for some things I might want to do it would be important to stay

I don't mind updating the screen if I could find a way of changing where the cursor is.

I want to make time saving improvements and having the cursor move to the top every time would ruin that.

The specific mod here is just to iron out what we need to do when working with one screen.

I feel that the trade dockscreens are very awkward.

as for credits not updating that is even a oddity with the normal game (it only shows credits not rins or any other currency)
Crying is not a proper retort!
Periculi
Fleet Officer
Fleet Officer

It's a nice feature, I must admit. But the changing of the list causing crashes is a little frustrating. In the face of the facts, I guess the blank entry is not such a detriment to the design after all.