[MOD Preview] SFSpaceStations v0.8

A place to discuss mods in development and concepts for new mods.
SiaFu
Commonwealth Pilot
Commonwealth Pilot

Well now, since the actual version 0.6 has received some attention, I'm first putting the preview of the v0.8 here for your comments:

I've been offline for almost a month, but not idle so I've got some additions for the stations, namely the Agricultural and Sapiens station and I've taken the advice of tweaking the Charon Korolov. I'll put it up if it doesn't interfere with the current version's status as Quality approved:

I've added several decks on the bottom of the CMW drydock (using the Ares cylindrical station as a template for scale and rotation). For the Korolov, I've added some battle damage, some mesh from the construction and got rid of those disorderly barrels. The Commonwealth fortress got a top level makeover stiched from appropriatly facing CSC decks.

The Agri station got a giant glass greenhouse dome (I couldn't decide on the interior so I made it a bit fuzzy) and the Sapiens got some quick and dirty markings and reactor domes.

I was thinking of including it all in a single XML per version (1.01 and 1.02) and would appreciate your comments.

I've since realized that overriding the commonwealth drydocks will interfere with Prophet's ship sales mod so that's point 1 of the discussion: should the user comment out the different overrides or should I make separate XMLs so they can just erase the ones they don't want.
Androgeos
Commonwealth Pilot
Commonwealth Pilot

Pretty cool stuff. I just installed v0.6 today, and it looks great.
[10:42] <Katami> TTECH: IT SEYS "ONCE YOU ENTAR A EYSTEM HAHAHAHAAHH~~~!~~~!<3<3<3
[10:42] <Katami> ~ROLLL 1D100 L0LL0LL0LL0LHAHHAHHAH!~!!~~:-):-):-)
Ttech
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

I love the work, keep it up! Its really neat how you combine all the items into those stations.
SiaFu
Commonwealth Pilot
Commonwealth Pilot

Preview time is over: new version is up at:
http://xelerus.de/index.php?s=mod&id=760

I've added the Commonwealth Outpost, Armed since the original graphic didn't show off its shiny Hexphase plating and it wasn't fair to the colonists who can't afford living in those big stations ;-)
SiaFu
Commonwealth Pilot
Commonwealth Pilot

v0.9 is in the works. In the meantime I've noticed that there's no Commonwealth Outpost, Armed - it's Commonwealth Colony, Armed (the first one with the turret satellites) and there's the Commonwealth Settlement (which up to 1.02 could stock Hyperion reactors).
So the old armed graphic will go to the Settlement and I've rendered a new one for the Colony, Armed.

And, in other news, I've thought up some Company logos for the Makayev, Rasiermesser and Bushido arms dealers: so here's the plan:
A red M from the Makayev Rocket Co. logo, a stylized icy blue razor "r" for the Rasiermesser and the Kanji for bu+shi+do.

Thoughts? Comments?

If the logos catch on I'm planning to use them in the weapon item icon designs (distant future plans).

New and semi-final version 0.9 of the mod will be up when I render the Agri farm because the Transcendence Art SCN for the Cmw. outpost has some errors and can't be saved so I have to model it in a single session.[/img]
Mods here & there.Banners thanks to: digdug .
digdug
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Super awesome!
I always wanted some something like this!
I bet that St Kat station complex now looks beautiful with the logo-ed stations :D
BlakeG228
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant

Very well done sir! This is a great addition to Transcendence! I honestly think this should be in the actual game and not just an extension!
All Saints Have a Past & All Sinners Have A Future...
alterecco
Fleet Officer
Fleet Officer

We need a thumbs up smiley... but, :thumbs up:!!
Atarlost
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

I'm not fond of the Makayev or Rasiermesser corporate logos.

The Makayev M looks like a single spike.

A folding razor for Rasiermesser is tawdry. Razors of that form are pretty much unheard of today, much less the not so near future when Transcendence is set. It would be like having an obscure ancient agricultural tool for your logo -- and it looks like a not-so-obscure agricultural tool that is rather pretentious because of its association with the personification of death and/or the bubonic plague: the scythe.

I love the Bushido logo though.
SiaFu
Commonwealth Pilot
Commonwealth Pilot

Makayev, from what I gathered, represents a rocket boosting from the space center. I'll raise the "legs" so it's more like an "M" rather than an elongated "^" with this perspective.

As for the Rasiermesser (German: literal>shaving knife; English: 'cutthroat' razorblade): for a company that specializes in weaponry, that has released the SmartCannon "despite opposition from law enforcement" and also produces the Akan turret and some nasty explosive MAGs and missiles
- I think the association with death is fitting.
BTW, Re: German companies and obscure logo origins, look up BMW.
I willl make it more stylized and less unintentionally scythe-like while keeping with the lowercase "r" motif unless there are more suggestions.

So, people versed in Transcendence lore, keep sending your suggestions for the company logos (think of NAMI etc. as well), and I'll put 0.9 up next week.
Mods here & there.Banners thanks to: digdug .
CFG
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant

The idea of company logos is absolutely great.

For the current version of your logos, I think they are too big, compared to the stations.

Im no artist at all :D but think it would look much better if you integrated those logos into some billboard kind of thing and to the station.
CFG
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant

I thought of something like this:

Atarlost
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

The glowing sign looks too good with kanji to give up for a plain billboard.
CFG
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant

No doubt it looks really cool, but I think I could make the station too big:
Think of St. Katherine's where lots of stations are close together around the arcology.

What I had in mind was more like a corporate trading outpost. I really like SiaFu's graphics - mine was just a quick mockup where I felt these signs could be placed.
So SiaFu's glowing signs on a black billboard - to enhance the contrast - would probably also look good. Maybe a bit small, but think it could be worth a try...
bimbel
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant

I too like the glowing holograms in space more! And in remark of making the station too big. Just think of new York or other big cities. There are ads everywhere!