Transcendence Mod of the Year (2010): Rules and Nominations

Post about your finished mods here.
Song
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Welcome to the inaugural Transcendence Mod of the Year competition. I'll try to keep this short and simple, so we can get on with it.

We've got three rounds. The first one begins as soon as 2010 is over, and ends on the 9th. That's for nominations. One nomination per person, you can't change your submission, and you can't nominate your own stuff. There's no automatic nomination for MOTM winners, as we don't have them for all of the year. I imagine people will mostly nominate those, but don't JUST nominate those (since there's some great mods from times we don't have MOTM for)

The second round goes from the 10th to the 20th, It's a simple voting process to lower the number of mods down to 5-7. I will set up the post on the 9th, and it may be edited by mods afterwards to update it (as I am on holiday from the 10th to the 18th).

The third round runs from the 21st to the 31st. It's the final voting round, and will decide which mod becomes the first TMOTY.

Rules:

- You can't nominate your own stuff. You can vote for it, however.
-All mods MUST be finished (ie. No WIP or "development" mods) working mods on Xelerus
-All categories of mod are allowed to compete. Yes, this includes godmods.
-The adjudicator (that's me) can change rules, times and dates for any reason provided that reason, and the change, is stated in a fresh post.
-You only get one vote per round of voting, and once I've chalked it up, that's it. You can't change it after that. Same goes for nominations.
-My times are based on New Zealand Standard Time, but leeway WILL be allowed if you're not in New Zealand and have no desire to move here for the duration of the voting. Early votes without a good reason (such as "I'm going on holiday with no internet tomorrow for the entirety of the voting period for this round") will not get such leeway, however, because I'm about as far ahead in terms of timezones as it's possible to get.

Got that? There may be changes, so check the rules every so often in whatever thread is freshest.

I now invite the transcendence community to wait 14 hours and 33 minutes from the time of posting and then submit their nominations for the Transcendence Mod of the Year!

(Nominations before then will be ignored, and you'll have to post again later, because I AM JUST THAT EVIL.)
Mischievous local moderator. She/Her pronouns.
Song
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Nominations are now OPEN.

To kick things off, I hereby nominate Wolfy's Osaka Class Transport. It charmed everyone when it came out last January, being a faithful and amazingly good reproduction of its namesake, the protagonist of Frontier (Which for those who don't know, was Georges first foray into making this kind of game, back in the '90s, and is the direct ancestor of Transcendence.), and I've had some of the best moments of my year in Transcendence with it. Wolfy reconstructed the Osaka from the one detailed graphic that George had left behind, which is a really impressive achievement, and a large part of the amazingness of this truly amazingly amazing mod. :)

Amazing! :P
sdw195
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

ok i will nominate Pkodon's FalconCV cause its cool and was made before the MotM came
"Dash_Merc - George is a genius, in that he created this game engine that is infinitely extendable"
"<@sheepluva>Good night everybody, may the source be with you." <-- FOSG dev
"You only need THREE tools in life - WD-40 to make things go, Duct Tape to make things stop And C-4 to make things go away"
ThePrivateer
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

In the three months I've been on this forum, I've tried an awful lot of mods.
Some have changed the nature of the game to make it easier, harder, longer or more enjoyable.
Some have fixed things George left off, or patched over things that didn't quite fit in.

My vote goes to a mod that does a little bit of everything:
I vote for Stellifer Laboratories
Last edited by ThePrivateer on Sat Jan 01, 2011 5:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
sdw195
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

beep sorry error can't do that "-All mods MUST be finished (ie. No WIP or "development" mods) working mods on Xelerus" ThePrivateer Stellifer Laboratories still has the Development and Bugtesting tags sry
"Dash_Merc - George is a genius, in that he created this game engine that is infinitely extendable"
"You only need THREE tools in life - WD-40 to make things go, Duct Tape to make things stop And C-4 to make things go away"
ThePrivateer
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

sdw195 wrote:beep sorry error can't do that "-All mods MUST be finished (ie. No WIP or "development" mods) working mods on Xelerus" ThePrivateer Stellifer Laboratories still has the Development and Bugtesting tags sry
Dammit. :(

OK then, I vote for Stellar Cartography, for being one of the best galactic maps, before the Galactic Map was even put into Transcendence.
Song
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

SDW, I'm going to allow the FalconCV for now unless you decide to choose another, although technically it is a 2009 mod (I'll let it in for now because the last modified is in 2010, but that's exceedingly dodgy, so you may wish to rethink).

A note to everyone else: If there are not enough nominations, then I'll extend the period by a week. After that, if there's no real interest, I'll cancel the whole thing.
sdw195
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

yeah sry, i was sure it was a 2010 mod (it was put up on 30.12.2009)

P.S. i still want to nominate it (if you dont mind)
Song
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Well, given we don't have enough mods yet to go ahead anyway, I'll allow it for now. :)
alterecco
Fleet Officer
Fleet Officer

I vote for Captains Log 3.0, because, well, everyone should have one!

Shrike, if you need any cleanup in this thread, just let me know (on pm or irc if you like).
Ttech
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

I second captains log.
Song
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Seconding isn't currently required....but more mods ARE.

I'm considering auto-including the current MOTM winners to boost the number of mods involved.
quils3
Miner
Miner

Stargate Dock n Go, by SiaFu. Simplicity at its best.
schilcote
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

Wouldst someone nominate the Jarate mod?

It'd certainly win in the "humorus mod" category if it existed, being the only such mod on Xelerus.
[schilcote] It doesn't have to be good, it just has to not be "wow is that the only thing you could think of" bad
Song
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

While technically I should close nomnations tomorrow.....I've decided to let things run for longer.

Thus, I am changing the schedule, the nomination round will now run until the 20th of january.

This is because I'm busy preparing for a holiday and would rather not keep track of things here. :P