Favourite LvL 8 Thermo Weps

Ask any question about playing and surviving in the Transcendence universe. Newbies welcome!
Tannus
Anarchist
Anarchist

Which do you like most? Which is the best?

Omni Thermo Cannon-----8MW------26HP-----@ 3.8 shots/s-----Medium Station Damage------Omnidirectional
----Tons--------rin/------Creds

Fusionfire [email protected] shots/s------Medium Station Damage
6.0 Tons 17,000 rin/97750 Creds

TM7 multitarget Cannon--5MW------45HP(x3)-@ 3.8 shots/s------Medium Station Damage------Tracking
----Tons 24,000 rin/------Creds

Tritium Injectors and Weapon Optimizer ROMs can be used so what would you do with it.
Wheres the cheapest place to buy them?
PM
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Of the three, I pick FusionFire because it does not use ammo. I avoid thermo ammo weapons.

What would I do with it? Take it to a Teraton fabricator and upgrade it to an IM90 or Iocrym Fracture Cannon, both are which are level 10 weapons. If I had to upgrade a thermo weapon, I would use tritium injectors after I used the Domina power Ingenuity to power it up. I would use optimizer on weapons that cannot be enhanced any other way (e.g., plasma cannon, Lamplighter).

Where is the cheapest place to buy a FusionFire? The Ares FusionFire knockoff, the Hecates, can occasionally be looted for free from a wrecked Deimos, and despite lower damage, is probably more effective because its shots are harder to destroy by opposing fire. As for a proper FusionFire, you can fabricate a lower level junk weapon to a level 8 FusionFire by feeding damaged junk, among other things, to the fabricator. Of course, even if I get a FusionFire, I do not stop there. I upgrade further to level 10 items, where positron and plasma weapons can be obtained.
Download and Play in 1.9 beta 1...
Drake Technologies (Alpha): More hardware for combat in parts 1 and 2!
Star Castle Arcade: Play a classic arcade game adventure, with or without more features (like powerups)!
Playership Drones: Buy or restore exotic ships to command!

Other playable mods from 1.8 and 1.7, waiting to be updated...
Godmode v3 (WIP): Dev/cheat tool compatible with D&O parts 1 or 2.
Tannus
Anarchist
Anarchist

See I dunno I never used thermo mine would be straight from enhanced katana to lamplighter xD and I never used fabricator I gotta try it sometime.
PM
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

If you want to use the fabricator, you will need to read spoilers from the wiki or the xml source files. Figuring out how to use the fabricator without spoilers will be frustrating to say the least. Then again, since Transcendence is branded as a roguelike, and some roguelikes tend to be difficult even with encyclopedic knowledge provided by spoilers (at least for Nethack and Angband), I consider reading spoilers for roguelike games as reading the instructions manual.
Star Castle Arcade: Play a classic arcade game adventure, with or without more features (like powerups)!

shanejfilomena
Fleet Officer
Fleet Officer

i'd kick you all off the base with a Hecates: more power to hit with , less power to use and more fun to get away from the ships that have them :) ( I could buy one, but where is the fun in that? )
Flying Irresponsibly In Eridani......

I don't like to kill pirates in cold blood ..I do it.. but I don't like it..
Atarlost
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Hecates no longer hits as hard as a Fusionfire. Which weapon depends on what you're flying. In a freighter I'd choose the omni thermocannon since you'll be able to carry enough ammo. Enhance it with tritium boosters. In a Wolfen take the Fusionfire. I tend to enhance it with an optimizer rom for ease of use. In the Sapphire take the Fusionfire if you're running light (no cargo hold, keeping cargo light enough to turn quickly) or the omni thermocannon if you're running with a cargo hold.
Literally is the new Figuratively
Lmoy
Commonwealth Pilot
Commonwealth Pilot

As for thermo weapons, I prefer warhammer nukes :D
Or I would if there weren't so few of them in game >.>
PM
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Just replicate the Warhammers with the Teraton fabricator. Cometfalls carry your initial supply, and they are guaranteed to spawn in an important system. After you loot the nukes, use the fabricator to make more.

shanejfilomena
Fleet Officer
Fleet Officer

Atarlost wrote:Hecates no longer hits as hard as a Fusionfire.
it was upgraded and I never noticed this ? I should use my glasses more then :)

but I still like the Hecates : and when it comes to weapons, I am a power hog: I look for low power stuff that is effective.
Flying Irresponsibly In Eridani......

I don't like to kill pirates in cold blood ..I do it.. but I don't like it..
PM
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

The best part of the Hecates is it can plow through missile file that would stop Fusionfire shots cold. ICX lasers spammed by that Gaian Processor? Hecates shots keep on going for the hit. Fusionfire? No sell.

Yama
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant
Location: in the apprenticeship program at a Tinker station....

Lmoy wrote:As for thermo weapons, I prefer warhammer nukes :D
Or I would if there weren't so few of them in game >.>
What is it in particular that you like about warhammer nukes? I seldom use launchers, almost never with unguided missiles. I'd like to know what I'm missing? :?
"A good ship should not look like a plumber's nightmare."
- Atarlost
Bobby
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

they can bust a late game station in 2 - 4 hits, for one thing. They also have a large area shockwave so as to hit lots of ships in a swarm and be a little forgiving of bad aim. The more common micronuke lacks the power but moves faster. If I can't get an ares launcher I usually drop launchers all-together or hang on to the nami to pester things with km500's. It won't do much damage by then but it gets a capship's attention so i can lead it into a hail of gunfire.
ImageImage
Thanks to digdug for the banners.
Song
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Bobby wrote:they can bust a late game station in 2 - 4 hits, for one thing. They also have a large area shockwave so as to hit lots of ships in a swarm and be a little forgiving of bad aim. The more common micronuke lacks the power but moves faster. If I can't get an ares launcher I usually drop launchers all-together or hang on to the nami to pester things with km500's. It won't do much damage by then but it gets a capship's attention so i can lead it into a hail of gunfire.
Shockwave weapons are also overpowered currently....they can hit a large ship multiple times on different armor segments.
Mischievous local moderator. She/Her pronouns.
Yama
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant
Location: in the apprenticeship program at a Tinker station....

Shrike wrote:
Bobby wrote:they can bust a late game station in 2 - 4 hits, for one thing. They also have a large area shockwave so as to hit lots of ships in a swarm and be a little forgiving of bad aim. The more common micronuke lacks the power but moves faster. If I can't get an ares launcher I usually drop launchers all-together or hang on to the nami to pester things with km500's. It won't do much damage by then but it gets a capship's attention so i can lead it into a hail of gunfire.
Shockwave weapons are also overpowered currently....they can hit a large ship multiple times on different armor segments.
Oh, so that's how warhammer nukes can destroy a multiHull station so much faster than my Fusionfire howitzer+80%. It's kinda like Katana passthrough damage on steriods! :D

I'd been puzzling over Bobby's answer for hours. I've used and learned from too many of his outstanding mods to imagine that he could be wrong about something like this. But when I calculated the station damage from the damage and WMD ratings, I couldn't figure out how he could be right. :? Now it all makes sense!

And in my current game I've still got an Ares launcher stashed in a crate in Elysium. :mrgreen:

Many thanks Guys!
"A good ship should not look like a plumber's nightmare."
- Atarlost
Nill
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant

Yama wrote: And in my current game I've still got an Ares launcher stashed in a crate in Elysium.
I rigged the Elysium System,Now it has Gaian Terraformers everywhere(so your cargo will be destroyed
I Hate This Game="Nill"
YAY NYAN CAT IS IN TRANS http://xelerus.de/index.php?s=mod&id=949
♫♫♫♫♫
♫ /l
(゚、 。 7
 l、 ~ヽ
 じしf_, )ノ
In IRC you'll hear great thing like this
[19:41] Azar_Wolf |oh derp, will have to leave in 10 minutes
[19:41] Ttech |NOQ!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11
[19:41] Ttech |eats Azar_Wolf
[19:41] Azar_Wolf |...
[19:41] Ttech |And spits out a ... uh...
[19:41] Ttech |I don't know
[19:41] Ttech |Its a blob
[19:42] Azar_Wolf |eww
[19:42] sdw195 |...