What's In Your Vessel?

Ask any question about playing and surviving in the Transcendence universe. Newbies welcome!
Yugi
Fleet Officer
Fleet Officer

I haven't played much recently with all this yayness about Mammoth shields, but I shields-wise I usually go for the Yoroi series then upgrade to whatever powerful random shield happens to appear later in the game.
I usually use Diamond Lattice armor, occasionally upgrading to whatever I find.
As for weapons, this varies hugely, but I don't usually go for ammo weapons (occasionally Kiloton).
FAD
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

Yoroi shields are considerably the best shield up to St. K's but after that, those Dwarg Masters can easily bring them down... Even the Yoroi MX as well unless it's hit with an Ion reflect crystal.

As for Mammoths, dang that regen time! They're an excellent shield if going one on one but going against a small fleet it's best to retreat. I'll occasionally use the Mammoth 100 in Heretic, but will be massively HP enhanced first, if possible.

My two favorite shields post St. K's are the Invincible-class and the Iocrym Veil. Otherwise, I'll use the Ion Reflector shield or the Nephren X1 shield.
goat not sheep
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

Why isn't the great Lazarus or the joton on your favourite? Those are mine...but i also fancy the plasma shield generator,dispite it's weakness. And i also like the superconducting.
>.<
evilbob
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

I never got the Veil, but the incincible is... just that, if used correctly. And if you have a back-up plan, Eg. good Armour, patch spider, lots of autons ans a shield, etc.
goat not sheep
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

patch spider? PAH! ALL DEVICES ARE DISABLED!
>.<
dvlenk6
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

goat not sheep wrote:patch spider? PAH! ALL DEVICES ARE DISABLED!
Are you saying that you don't use devices? :shock:
"War is hell."
-William Tecumseh Sherman
http://dvlenk6.blackraven3d.com/transgals.html
OddBob
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

No, your patch spider is disabled by the Invincible when it proves not to stand up to its name. But once you hit sustain and reactivate the spider it will fix you up while you wait.
FAD
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

goat not sheep wrote:Why isn't the great Lazarus or the joton on your favourite?
Two reasons why the Lazarus and Joton aren't on my fav list;
1) Excessive fuel consumption and...
2) Excessive fuel consumption :P

I prefer to spend my time fighting the bad guys rather than having to stop and feed my ship fuel every other minute. And, I like keeping my cargo hold as free as possible for profitable loot instead of having to truck payloads of fuel around... or having to worry about where to get fuel at in a pinch.
Also, I don't use any modded reactors and the Hyperion is just a little too small to efficiently support a Lazurus shield and my pref weapons. Omni Ion Blaster and Fusionfire Wowitzer.
Siegfried
Commonwealth Pilot
Commonwealth Pilot

I love the Jotun Deflector ^.^, Its energy consumption is no problem at all (What with the 1GW reactor) and it holds back the mean weapons :D.

Toss in an ion-reflecting crystal as well and youre golden! ^^
Self proclaimed Poofter Extradonaire :D
Burzmali
Militia Commander
Militia Commander

dvlenk6 wrote:Boris, that is the first time I found CC armor.
I don't think it's rarer in the XML, but...
It isn't rarer, but lots more level 8 armors (including a common one) were added. More choices = less likely to spawn a specific item.
FAD
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

So true, Burzmali. And the same applies when adding in mods as well. Another reason I limit the amount of mods I use, when I use them.
goat not sheep
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

Ah...yes. I had an enhanced 1GW(No spoilers, PM me if u wanna know how...) reactor, so it was like,1.25GW. I was using an iocrym cocoon,and armed with enough weapons. Even the ranx couldn'd kill me. >:D
>.<
Yugi
Fleet Officer
Fleet Officer

How did you enhance a 1 gig reactor?
goat not sheep
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

Why, you should know.In fact, you were the one i think, who told me how! But my memory hasn't served my well...but I PMED u.
>.<
Dosgamer3
Closed Account
Closed Account

goat not sheep wrote:I was using an iocrym cocoon,and armed with enough weapons. Even the ranx couldn'd kill me. >:D
How in the galaxy did you manage to get the Iocyrm Coccoon installed?!? Did you mean the Iocyrm Veil?
The universe is illogical. Get over it.

-----------------------------------------

I cannot be held accountable for anything I say that offends you. I never intentionally offend anyone.
If I offended you, it was an accident and I am sorry.