The Heretic system and the ROMs.

Ask any question about playing and surviving in the Transcendence universe. Newbies welcome!
sun1404
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

I reached the heretic system yesterday with the El500 freighter, and I've died trying to do the missions in the system many times, mostly killed by the Pteravores.
This time, I have got Kate's explorer destroyed in the scanning process, but managed to set them up a new HQ at the Iocrym control center, gave them two research ROM, and got every research center destroyed. I found in this forum that most weapons are ineffective to the Iocrym Sentinels, but I can't find any IM90 sold in credits, and I have about 3000 rins now. I use Yoroi MX +50% shield, P450 Hexphase armor, orthosteel armor, Luminous armature, and a blast plate for armors. I have 32,553 credits left, and a bunch of xenonite fuel for my 250 MW reactor. Do I have a chance to win the game this time? If yes, where can I buy an IM90 with credits? or how can I make a bunch of rins? I've got no useful weapon or other devices right now. Also I have Rama as a wingman. :(
Yes, look at my avatar, I have a wyvera type ship.
sun1404
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

By the way, I use no mods this time.
PM
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Iocrym sentinel wrecks have a chance to carry a research ROM as loot. When all research stations are destroyed, the sentinels will target you, and will attack you in waves until the quarantine is shut down. Just shoot Iocrym until you get the loot you need.

Easiest way to raise rin? Destroy Ares ships and sell their weapons to Teratons. Hope you did not destroy all of the Ares shipyards in the game. Loot you get from Iocrym wrecks can be sold to the Teratons too, though be sure you keep a Fracture Cannon and enough Iocrym armor for yourself. You can kill Ferians and sell their ore and gas to Ringers. Be warned that the IM90 has a six figure price tag.

If you are willing to read spoilers, read how the Teraton fabricator works, and exploit it! This is the cheapest and easiest way to get some high level items.
Download and Play in 1.9 beta 1...
Drake Technologies (Alpha): More hardware for combat in parts 1 and 2!
Star Castle Arcade: Play a classic arcade game adventure, with or without more features (like powerups)!
Playership Drones: Buy or restore exotic ships to command!

Other playable mods from 1.8 and 1.7, waiting to be updated...
Godmode v3 (WIP): Dev/cheat tool compatible with D&O parts 1 or 2.
sun1404
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

Thanks! I know a little about the fabricator and how it works, but I don't know where and how to obtain one...
Yama
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant
Location: in the apprenticeship program at a Tinker station....

sun1404 wrote:Thanks! I know a little about the fabricator and how it works, but I don't know where and how to obtain one...
Welcome to the Transcendence forums. :)

The Teraton fabricator isn't an item that you can acquire.

There are three different types of Teraton stations. In addition to the far more common "Teraton nests" which only have a "Trading chamber", you'll also occasionally run across a Teraton Research Center, which has a "Research Chamber" or a Teraton Factory which has a "Fabricator Chamber"

The Teraton Fabricator is an organism that lives in the Fabricator Chamber. It's a facility that you use while you are docked at a Teraton Factory station; you can't take it with you. :wink:
"A good ship should not look like a plumber's nightmare."
- Atarlost
shanejfilomena
Fleet Officer
Fleet Officer

Welcome to the Forums :)

I am Shane , your Lunatic Captain and Ill be flying past Eridani station in about an hour, please fasten your seatbelts as the Pirates are hungry this time of year :)

I actually , and I am very proud to say , I have won the game with the Freighter. I understand how frustrating it can become and many times I jumped for joy at the sight of the Corporate Cruiser racing in to save the day ( and usually saved me by dealing with the mean ships that had no consideration for my love of survival ).

the IM90 ( and there are other Ion weapons close to it ) is usually found in Ringer and Taikon stations, it costs about 150 thousand Rin, I have not got one in awhile so I do forget : I spend alot of time mining , some games I play are just to go mining and relax with no thoughts to trying to win the game, which can take up to 16 hours or more the way I have played it.

I found my first IM90 for sale and when I mined up enough ore that I traded to the Ringers for Rins I got one but I also have tried Ares weapons salvaged from wrecks and other Ion weapons as well.
I once sat on the Heretic star shooting the Iocrym with a Tev9 because I thought I lost the game : the Forums gave me the information about the extra ROMs being inside the Iocrym wrecks that I needed ( as RPC mentioned above for you).

Pteravores are one of the funniest things in the game : I remember the first time I met them, I destroyed the nest then DOCKED with it: stupid move. :)
I have learned to shoot them with anything then coast in to draw them out then lead them away until they die (until the nest is empty ) it canbe dangerous but with time you get better. if you refuel just as you are about to die you can usually survive : or in some cases the manipulators can shoot them off you but that is dangerous too.

what I would suggest for your current game : back track. go back to the other systems to take on Ares and other hostiles : trade, mine and have fun while you shop and gain credits and Rins to buy bigger weapons and shields. you might even try drawing hostiles to friendly stations and then loot the station if it gets destroyed before the Cruiser shows up ( not always a good idea but sometimes it works )
Flying Irresponsibly In Eridani......

I don't like to kill pirates in cold blood ..I do it.. but I don't like it..
erik dela cruz
Militia Captain
Militia Captain
Location: Patrolling Scarborough Shoal and the Spratlys Islands (West Philippine Sea)

Hello! I second PM's reply and yes Shane is a lunatic captain. Hehehe. :D
.....cry without weeping......
.....talk without speaking......
.....scream without raising your voice......