[New Mods] 400+ New Weapons, 4 new Wingmen, new Playership

Post about your finished mods here.
TheLastBrunnenG
Commonwealth Pilot
Commonwealth Pilot

Three new mods for you this month. Maybe more later. Had them written weeks and weeks ago but I got distracted by Witcher and Skyrim.

New Wingmen: Adds Arco Vaughn, Kate Morgental, The Slicer, and Juan Carlos Uribe Y Vasquez as recruitable wingmen. See the Readme for full details. My Spanish is a tad rusty, so Juan Carlos' chatter might seem a little strange to native speakers.

Angelus-Class Explorer: Adds a new playership in 3 variants, each with unique starting weapon and color scheme. The mk2 and mk3 variants have 6-segment armor and unique starting equipment as well. All 3 feature a built-in missile replicator which can fabricate basic missiles for your launchers at the cost of increased fuel consumption. See Readme for specifics. Based on a DVLENK6 ship, recolored x3, resized, and rotated to 40 facings, so I hope it's enough to get around the "no single DVLENK6 ships" rule.

400+ New Weapons: Just what it says. Many variants of stock weapons plus a number of new ones. I separated the files by configuration, so if you don't want Array (spread3) weapons clogging up your vendors, just don't install that file. New launchers, disposables, all kinds of goodies. Probably overlaps with WE4 in spots just because of the sheer volume; developed 100% independently, so any similarity is unintentional.

Enjoy!
Vaiyo A-O
A Home Va Ya Ray
Vaiyo A-Rah
Jerhume Brunnen G
ImageImage
RPC
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Location: Hmm... I'm confused. Anybody have a starmap to the Core?

I'm interested in the Angelus- it might be a great ship for a perma. Will check out all 3 mods :D
Tutorial List on the Wiki and Installing Mods
Get on Discord for mod help and general chat
Der Tod ist der zeitlose Frieden und das leben ist der Krieg
Wir müssen wissen — wir werden wissen!
I don't want any sort of copyright on my Transcendence mods. Feel free to take/modify whatever you want.
JDMatson
Anarchist
Anarchist

I'll definitely check out the ship; It sounds very interesting. I'll take a look at the weapons pack, too. I don't use wingmen, though, so I probably won't bother with that one.

Also, I've been thinking about designing a missile launcher with an ammo fabricator. Would you mind if I reuse some of your code?
TheLastBrunnenG
Commonwealth Pilot
Commonwealth Pilot

Sure, go ahead. The Angelus playership sticks the replicator code in an Events tag inside the ship's code. I'm sure you can adapt it to work only for a particular installed weapon. There are certainly more efficient ways to accomplish it than what I kludged together. I'm just glad it works!
Vaiyo A-O
A Home Va Ya Ray
Vaiyo A-Rah
Jerhume Brunnen G
ImageImage
WillyTheSquid
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant

I am loving the non-missile launcher weapons and the dual/array versions. The omni array lancer seems overpowered, though. Enemies that I would normally have severe trouble defeating dropped like flies.

Does give the game that nice arcadey feeling, but maybe it'd be better if the launcher-slot weapons had a capacitor. A launcher weapon is so much more spammable than the missiles or MAGs.

“Normal people believe that if it ain't broke, don't fix it. (Modders) believe that if it ain't broke, it doesn't have enough features yet.” -Scott Adams

Resident mod-cobbler-together, freakspawn-fixer-upper & musical eclectro-ecumenologist.
If you love something, tweak it and twist it. Keep bending it until it breaks. Rip it apart, remix it, rebuild it. Kill your darlings and stitch them together again.

JOIN US ON IRC. IT KICKS ASS. JOIN THE HIVE MIND.
Place cursor on link. Click link. Never look back.
TheLastBrunnenG
Commonwealth Pilot
Commonwealth Pilot

Glad you like it! The non-missile launcher weapons can definitely be overpowering. The main balance for them is energy / fuel use. If you don't have the reactor to handle them, then they don't do you much good. I don't care for Array weapons myself - much prefer dual. Too easy to hit friendlies, especially with the Lancer.
Vaiyo A-O
A Home Va Ya Ray
Vaiyo A-Rah
Jerhume Brunnen G
ImageImage
WillyTheSquid
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant

Agreed. I'm habitually firing two weapons simultaneously now, and it eats up my fuel nicely. One thing I did notice about that is that with less than double the firepower, I can kill enemies more than twice as quickly (i.e. before they even reach visible distance), so in the long run I'm actually saving fuel on running the shield and flying around.

Well, I can always make my own modifications anyway, adding capacitors to non-missile launchers (like the Locked Ares Lightning Turret). I guess I could call it "arcade mode" (playing like this reminds me of Cave's ESP Ra.De, particularly).

“Normal people believe that if it ain't broke, don't fix it. (Modders) believe that if it ain't broke, it doesn't have enough features yet.” -Scott Adams

Resident mod-cobbler-together, freakspawn-fixer-upper & musical eclectro-ecumenologist.
If you love something, tweak it and twist it. Keep bending it until it breaks. Rip it apart, remix it, rebuild it. Kill your darlings and stitch them together again.

RPC
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

WillytheSquid wrote:omni array lancer
OOOOOOOOOOOOooooohhhhhh.
So that's where it came from!
I saw one in my current runthrough and I have to say that's it's a beauty :D
I thought it came from WE4, but wow, thanks for it!
Although I did switch to a omni dual howitzer (becauese I still have a 100MW reactor :( )

@WillytheSquid
Are you playing with Weapons Extended 4? It'll give you a challenge if enemy ships die too easily ;)
I don't want any sort of copyright on my Transcendence mods. Feel free to take/modify whatever you want.
WillyTheSquid
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant

Yeah, I'm using WE4 now, without BrunnenG's mod. VERY challenging. I'm missing the new weapon images, though (400+ New Weapons does use them). Might have to change them myself.

By the way, does '400+' play nice with WE4? Because they both add new ammunition for the existing launchers, overwriting the vanilla game. So doesn't one of these mods take precedence over the other?

I would really like to know this. :)

RPC
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Yes, they are compatible. What happens is WE4 has a weapon randomizer that chooses weapons of a specific type or attribute, but not from a list. As for the weapons overriding, I'm unsure of 400+ rewrites any weapons. (if they do I don't know how the conflict will be resolved)
I've been playing with both mods for quite some time now, so I'm pretty sure they're compatible.
TheLastBrunnenG
Commonwealth Pilot
Commonwealth Pilot

400+ does not overwrite any stock / vanilla weapons. That includes launchers. It does add new launchers, including new versions of existing launchers, and it does re-use stock ammo for those launchers, but it leaves the standard launchers intact *. As far as WE4, the only overrides possible would be if two weapons happened to share a UNID, which I'm almost certain none of them do **.

* unless I'm forgetting something. I tend to do that. If you find one, let me know, and I'll remove it.

** Except I just remembered that my old New Weapons mod, which had <50 new weapons, was incorporated into WE at some previous point. WE3, maybe? I don 't think I re-used any of the names or UNIDs, but anything's possible.
Vaiyo A-O
A Home Va Ya Ray
Vaiyo A-Rah
Jerhume Brunnen G
ImageImage
WillyTheSquid
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant

Just finished the game for the first time. I got to Heretic before more than once, but I could never figure out where the boss actually spawns.

After playing for a few weeks, I actually think this mod's more balanced when used together with WE4: good non-missile launchers are now just one of many variants, which makes them appear a lot less often.

Too bad WE4 breaks all the fancy new SF icons that this mod can make use of, though :P