Some mid-newbie questions

Ask any question about playing and surviving in the Transcendence universe. Newbies welcome!
ytszazu
Anarchist
Anarchist

1. How to get the Lamplighter archcannon?

2. Any other way to fuel the Qianlong archcannon other than longzu spheres? Or is it scrap without longzu?

3. What items can be repaired by longzu spheres? I can't repair my ferian plasma cannon. :(

4. What is the meaning of premadeath?

5. Which mode allows you to have 8 armor facings? (Or does the freighter auto-comes with 8 armor slots?)
http://www.neurohack.com/transcendence/ ... f=2&t=4637

6. I love antimatter weapons! :P
sdw195
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

Hi!

1: do a mission for the csc terra.

2: i dont think so, sorry

4: if you die, you die. and then you start for the beginning again.

5. http://xelerus.de have a look around there, you might find some fun mods

6: what part of that is a question :P

and yes. i can count. i left #3 out cause i dont know the answer
"Dash_Merc - George is a genius, in that he created this game engine that is infinitely extendable"
"<@sheepluva>Good night everybody, may the source be with you." <-- FOSG dev
"You only need THREE tools in life - WD-40 to make things go, Duct Tape to make things stop And C-4 to make things go away"
PM
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

ytszazu wrote:1. How to get the Lamplighter archcannon?
Recover the prototype in PJ, reach Fleet Commander rank, visit the CSC Terra, and successfully complete Decker's mission (honorably).
ytszazu wrote:2. Any other way to fuel the Qianlong archcannon other than longzu spheres?
Not without mods.
ytszazu wrote:3. What items can be repaired by longzu spheres? I can't repair my ferian plasma cannon.
Almost any laser, particle, ion, and positron weapon. Most plasma weapons are not affected by longzhus, but the Iocrym fracture cannon is an exception. Most shields can be repaired or enhanced by longzhus as well.
ytszazu wrote:4. What is the meaning of premadeath?
You win the game without dying. Easier said than done.
ytszazu wrote:5. Which mode allows you to have 8 armor facings? (Or does the freighter auto-comes with 8 armor slots?)
Mod? The modified Auroch shown in the picture came from the Light Carrier Playership mod. Other mods with playable ships may feature this too.
Download and Play in 1.9 beta 1...
Drake Technologies (Alpha): More hardware for combat in parts 1 and 2!
Star Castle Arcade: Play a classic arcade game adventure, with or without more features (like powerups)!
Playership Drones: Buy or restore exotic ships to command!

Other playable mods from 1.8 and 1.7, waiting to be updated...
Godmode v3 (WIP): Dev/cheat tool compatible with D&O parts 1 or 2.
jimj316
Miner
Miner

In response to #1, it may not be the best idea to get the lamplighter.
If you refuse Decker's mission, another mission is available in another place, and the item you get from it is much more powerful (but can only be used once)

It's up to you though :D
shanejfilomena
Fleet Officer
Fleet Officer

jimj316 wrote:In response to #1, it may not be the best idea to get the lamplighter.
If you refuse Decker's mission, another mission is available in another place, and the item you get from it is much more powerful (but can only be used once)

It's up to you though :D
I took the Lamplighter ONCE believing the hype it had : it is all political hype in the fleet, I took it up against an Ares Shipyard and if I had not other weapons and good shields: I would have lost my ship.

I take the mission NOW because it is in the script
( but do not trust my ship to the weapon : an OmniTev9 or anything Ion, yes, but not that gun ): I return the device as soon as I can. I think the weapon or the targets need to be adjusted : I sat on that yard so long 4 Phobos ran up on me.
Flying Irresponsibly In Eridani......

I don't like to kill pirates in cold blood ..I do it.. but I don't like it..
digdug
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

3. What items can be repaired by longzu spheres? I can't repair my ferian plasma cannon.
Any energy weapon will be repaired and/or enhanced.

In addition to what has been said before, the Penitent cannon can be repaired and enhanced :D