Questions about (objGetDevice* ...) and (objSetDevice* ...)

Freeform discussion about anything related to modding Transcendence.
PM
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Is there any way to get or set the 'z' position of a device? So far, we have angle and radius for the x and y axes, but none that I know of for the z-axis.

Are there functions to check if a weapon is omnidirectional, or to force a given weapon to be omnidirectional? If not, I like to see functions like (objIsDeviceOmnidirectional obj deviceItem) and (objSetDeviceOmnidirectional obj deviceItem [True/Nil]).
Download and Play in 1.9 beta 1...
Drake Technologies (Alpha): More hardware for combat in parts 1 and 2!
Star Castle Arcade: Play a classic arcade game adventure, with or without more features (like powerups)!
Playership Drones: Buy or restore exotic ships to command!

Other playable mods from 1.8 and 1.7, waiting to be updated...
Godmode v3 (WIP): Dev/cheat tool compatible with D&O parts 1 or 2.
george moromisato
Developer
Developer

All good requests. I've added some tickets, which should get done for 1.08 (soon):

objSetDevicePos and z axis: http://wiki.neurohack.com/transcendence/trac/ticket/746
get set omni: http://wiki.neurohack.com/transcendence/trac/ticket/747
PM
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Thanks. Also another request:

I noticed that device position for playerships is set to a default of (angle=0, radius=20, z=0). While fine for the basic three playerships, this is ill-suited for other ships with different positions, such as capital ships or even the Luminous drone with its rear-aiming weapon. What would be nice is to let the modder define the default position and fire arcs/omni of a playership, so that when the player installs a new weapon for an unusual ship, the device position/firearcs are automatically set to those new defaults. If the playership has no defaults defined, it uses the standard position (0 20) and no fire arcs.

Then the (objSetDevice* ...) functions can be used whenever the modder wants to work with secondary weapons.
Download and Play in 1.9 beta 1...
Drake Technologies (Alpha): More hardware for combat in parts 1 and 2!
Star Castle Arcade: Play a classic arcade game adventure, with or without more features (like powerups)!
Playership Drones: Buy or restore exotic ships to command!

Other playable mods from 1.8 and 1.7, waiting to be updated...
Godmode v3 (WIP): Dev/cheat tool compatible with D&O parts 1 or 2.