Bug Trac for Mining Pack v1.03

A place to discuss mods in development and concepts for new mods.
TranscendentGeek
Commonwealth Pilot
Commonwealth Pilot

This thread is to keep track of bugs in the Mining Pack v1.03 by WillyTheSquid and myself. Please report any bugs. Look for updates and patches to be reported here as well.

Currently Known Bugs:

1. Choose Materials to Refine doesn't work (Minor Issue)
2. The Asteroid Scanner and Raw Materials Processor lose upgrades when using Playership Drones (Major issue)
3. Miner's Cargo Pod doesn't uninstall properly (Minor Issue)
PM
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

TranscendentGeek wrote:2. The Asteroid Scanner and Raw Materials Processor lose upgrades when using Playership Drones (Major issue)
How is the scanner losing upgrades? Do you uninstall an upgraded scanner, transfer it to another ship, then reinstall the scanner on the new ship and you are not offered the active scanner when you use it?

If so, that is because the scanner upgrade is a virtual item that remains on the old ship. If you buy a new scanner for the old ship, it can use the upgrade immediately. You will get this problem in any mod that lets you change ships, not just Playership Drones only. If you want your upgrades to stick to the item (and not the ship that bought the upgrade) so that you can transfer the scanner and its upgrades from ship to ship, you need to alter the scanner item itself in some way (instead of anchoring a virtual item to a ship). Use either hidden charges (similar to the vial of thioseptal) or item enhancements as used by reactors/engines. I set and checked for charges for dual mode weapons in Items Pack 912, and I enhanced a miscellaneous item in Auton Assembly Hangar. Browse through my mods if you need examples. Note that if you go the item enhancement route, the item will be worth more.
Download and Play in 1.9 beta 1...
Drake Technologies (Alpha): More hardware for combat in parts 1 and 2!
Star Castle Arcade: Play a classic arcade game adventure, with or without more features (like powerups)!
Playership Drones: Buy or restore exotic ships to command!

Other playable mods from 1.8 and 1.7, waiting to be updated...
Godmode v3 (WIP): Dev/cheat tool compatible with D&O parts 1 or 2.
Twir
Closed Account
Closed Account

The fuel drain only worked when extruding
Can i process prom refuse?
TranscendentGeek
Commonwealth Pilot
Commonwealth Pilot

PM wrote:
TranscendentGeek wrote:2. The Asteroid Scanner and Raw Materials Processor lose upgrades when using Playership Drones (Major issue)
How is the scanner losing upgrades? Do you uninstall an upgraded scanner, transfer it to another ship, then reinstall the scanner on the new ship and you are not offered the active scanner when you use it?

If so, that is because the scanner upgrade is a virtual item that remains on the old ship. If you buy a new scanner for the old ship, it can use the upgrade immediately. You will get this problem in any mod that lets you change ships, not just Playership Drones only. .
I figured out a work around. You are correct about it using virtual items. Before making the upgrades only show up at the mining colony I had roms for upgrades. I had them commented out. So I reinstated them so that when you buy the upgrade at the colony you get the upgrade rom as well. So you can reinstall the upgrades when you change ships. WillyTheSquid should be uploading the patch to Xelerus soon.
TranscendentGeek
Commonwealth Pilot
Commonwealth Pilot

Twir wrote:The fuel drain only worked when extruding
Can i process prom refuse?
Yes you can process prom refuse into fuel rods. I don't know why you are having issues with fuel use. However the fuel use becomes less and less noticable as you improve your reactor. It should use fuel all doing all three processes. Could you maybe take a few screen shots before and after with notes on how much you smelted etc so I can see? I will do testing to see if it isn't working for me.
Amariithynar
Militia Commander
Militia Commander

Did extensive testing with the fuel use and have not had any issues with it, before and current. If Twir is still having fuel issues, then he's either modded some numbers on his end without remembering/telling us, or another mod he has installed is affecting it.
Twir
Closed Account
Closed Account

Just updated, and the mismatched Parentheses bug is back
Edit: It looks like my upgraded reactor fixed the free smelting bug
TranscendentGeek
Commonwealth Pilot
Commonwealth Pilot

Check for updates. Known bugs fixed.
TranscendentGeek
Commonwealth Pilot
Commonwealth Pilot

Updates released please check Xelerus http://xelerus.de/index.php?s=mod&id=1079
Cirevam
Commonwealth Pilot
Commonwealth Pilot

The deluxe packer autons don't want to automatically pick up ore. When I invoke the Collect Ore command, the auton moves forward a bit, stops, and says that no ore is in range even if ore is visible on the screen. I'm playing with a ton of other mods so maybe one of them is causing a problem but it doesn't seem like that would cause such a weird bug.