Does technology level count in combat?

General discussion for the game Anacreon
Urvo
Anarchist
Anarchist

In manual for DOS version I found:
Less advanced worlds are always at a disadvantage when confronted by technologically superior forces. Even if the more primitive world is capable of building jumpships, for instance, the superior world will have jumpships that are somewhat more advanced. Troops will have better weapons, ships will be more maneuverable, and in general, the in­struments of the more advanced world will be more accurate and more deadly. The progression is not constantly linear, of course; once a world has developed basic atomic power and space travel, the difference in technology will not be as drastic.
Is it true? What if I merge units from gate world with units from warp world?

BTW maybe put a link to this sub-forum into the anacreon homepage?
RPC
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Location: Hmm... I'm confused. Anybody have a starmap to the Core?

I actually didn't see that before. It might be different for the windows version or ask George specifically about this.
I always thought that when you merge two worlds, the less advanced one advances slowly (unless it's your homeworld that's less advanced). If you merge two different units it would be safe to say that the higher tech prevails. (at least, that was my assumption >.> )
Tutorial List on the Wiki and Installing Mods
Get on Discord for mod help and general chat
Der Tod ist der zeitlose Frieden und das leben ist der Krieg
Wir müssen wissen — wir werden wissen!
I don't want any sort of copyright on my Transcendence mods. Feel free to take/modify whatever you want.
Urvo
Anarchist
Anarchist

I was thinking about it and I started to look more closely at my battles. Here is what I have noticed:

My 30 bio-tech infantry vs 30 infantry on independent underground pre-warp planet (GDMs and fighters I destroyed in previous battle just for testing pure infantry battle).
It was almost even fight, but at last I lost it.

Similar battle: my 74 bio-tech infantry vs 74 infantry on independent underground pre-atomic planet.
I won and I lost only 2 infantry units.

Atomic independent planet: 200 GDMs destroyed only 10 from my 40 jumpships!

So at this moment I think tech level is a factor at least for atomic planets and below, and at least for infantry and GDMs.
RPC wrote:It might be different for the windows version or ask George specifically about this.
I don't want to bother him with my little problems XD
RPC
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Location: Hmm... I'm confused. Anybody have a starmap to the Core?

That's interesting o.O
Does it also apply to ships? Maybe that's why I keep losing my gunships D:
Urvo wrote:I don't want to bother him with my little problems XD
Yeah, because Anacreon 3 is going to come out anywys :D
Tutorial List on the Wiki and Installing Mods
Get on Discord for mod help and general chat
Der Tod ist der zeitlose Frieden und das leben ist der Krieg
Wir müssen wissen — wir werden wissen!
I don't want any sort of copyright on my Transcendence mods. Feel free to take/modify whatever you want.