Unofficial Expansion

A place to discuss mods in development and concepts for new mods.
NithrilDark
Banned
Banned

No more, lets all unite. I am giving up modding completely, I hope that RPC is happy! I do not believe that I will ever be accepted into the forums and I see now that I have no place here. :cry:
Last edited by NithrilDark on Tue Oct 02, 2012 11:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Hatsuya Kanzaki
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant
Location: leading an armada of Realians driving sword-shaped gunships and WearGears

You forgot me.

I am so far designing stuff for my Hoshigami mod. I've worked on a content that are supposed to debut in Sol, or rather the 2nd Human Space.
christian
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant

Well, if, and I emphasize IF, something like this would be make, then the best way to organize, would be if everyone intersted make a list of what is good, and in what is bad...like this:
(using my self as an example)

Basic Coding: **** (such as weapons and items)
Medium coding: **** (such as stations, ships, solar systems)
Hard coding: ** (such as script..., well, I'm studying)
Graphic: ***
Render: NONE(I'm not joking, I don't know how to render :cry: )

in a scale of 1 to 5 stars based on what you can do...Is mostly "self score"....

We can make a standard to define what you have to know to have *** in something, or ***** in otherthing....

(most modders when want help in something,they just access the IRC and ask there, or PM someone...I'm guessing)
Hatsuya Kanzaki
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant
Location: leading an armada of Realians driving sword-shaped gunships and WearGears

Basic Coding: **** (such as weapons and items)
Medium coding: **** (such as stations, ships, solar systems)
Hard coding: ** (such as script..., well, I'm studying)
Graphic: ****
Render: *** (would DOGA-L3 rendering count?)

SPECIALS:
Indie anime artist (could be handy if we make a +Visual Novel-ish experience ala-Baldr Force or Demonbane)
matix
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant

Basic Coding: *****
Medium coding: *****
Hard coding: **
Graphic: **
Render: ****

Note: Excellent at Bugtesting and Balancing
Last edited by matix on Fri Aug 03, 2012 1:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Matix's Revolutionary Repair Items! Get it here !
Stronger Centauri! Download it here
Matix's Weapon Pack!: Find it here!
Preview: Momentum Cannons! Get it here!

IRC (Love it! :D):
[10:54] * matix pokes Guest33555
[10:55] * matix thinks its dead....
[10:55] * Katami shoots Guest33555 in the foot
[10:55] <matix> O.o
[10:55] <Hatsya> don't worry, it's a water gun
Autohummer
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant

Basic Coding: *** (can copy code from vanilla Transcendence or other mods and modify them, a bit)
Medium coding: * (not much knowledge with this)
Hard coding: NONE (No prior experience with this)
Graphic: **** (I can model quite a lot of things, large capital ships and small, winged aircraft are my specialty. Texturing is still rudimentary, though)
Render: *** (I can render 40-facing sprites on 3dsmax....)

Notes: Available spare time is quite limited. Studies English literature/language and can touch up descriptions/storyline if required.
Has resurfaced!
NithrilDark
Banned
Banned

Hatsuya Kanzaki wrote:You forgot me.

I am so far designing stuff for my Hoshigami mod. I've worked on a content that are supposed to debut in Sol, or rather the 2nd Human Space.
First off I would like to apologize in case you were not just kidding, and second I believe that this Hoshigami mod and the content in Sol would be perfect for an unofficial expansion like this. People making small or large mods in this direction are what we need, but we also need a master code writer to bring all the mods together into this unofficial expansion. Of course I am assuming that people are into this from the feedback so hopefully some amazing code writer will swoop down from the heavens and together the modders of Transcendence will UNITE! :twisted:
digdug
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

I love the Weapons extended 5 mod by Digdug but it is lacking a component, the descriptions have many errors in them. I am not saying that Digdug did not spend a lot of time on it but some of the titles just don't sound right and the description is off
Hi NithrilDark, and welcome to transcendence forums. :)
Indeed we (as the mod is already a team collaboration with many contributors) spent a lot of time fixing and adjusting WE5. However I agree with you that most of the descriptions of the weapons are copy/pasted, something I should work on for the next release. About the weapon names, there is a limit in the number of chars, so sometimes I just had to come up with a shortened name that doesn't sound 100% right.
Definitely I can do some more polishing, so thanks for the feedback ! :D
matix
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant

Whats the limit on characters? I never noticed a limit :shock:
Matix's Revolutionary Repair Items! Get it here !
Stronger Centauri! Download it here
Matix's Weapon Pack!: Find it here!
Preview: Momentum Cannons! Get it here!

IRC (Love it! :D):
[10:54] * matix pokes Guest33555
[10:55] * matix thinks its dead....
[10:55] * Katami shoots Guest33555 in the foot
[10:55] <matix> O.o
[10:55] <Hatsya> don't worry, it's a water gun
christian
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant

If you pass the "limit" the description will be off the box...
...I didn't notice a numerical limitation before, may be is just it....The Box should ajust its self for the descripion, and the image...I guess...

:)
shanejfilomena
Fleet Officer
Fleet Officer

it is early for me ( roof leaks and I am up most of the night : "fixed" it so many times t is insane : I need a new roof)

Anyway : what I THINK I see here is a call for tabbed and / or scrolling dock screens for commerce: click an item / description to learn more on it and get a page that is more explanatory : but the page size limits the characters based on presentation because you want the text to fit nice and be readable yet tell the player as much as you can on an item of technical or Adventure value while still having room for links to navigate.

I had an interesting time with dock screens spending days trying to figure out the size of a paragraph that allowed the navigation to be clear enough that the player had less chance of clicking the correct response ( and not going into a frustrated rant over my navigation being confusing. )

but it all has to do with content : some pages could fit more then others based on the content.

I always found " run-on " text to be annoying and detract from the awesomeness of a extension that someone worked very hard on.
Flying Irresponsibly In Eridani......

I don't like to kill pirates in cold blood ..I do it.. but I don't like it..