Announcments and Stikies

Discuss the community, including forums, xelerus, wiki, chat, and trac.
Star Weaver
Militia Commander
Militia Commander
Location: . . . between the stars and the warm black sky . . .

Hi! I'm finding it hard to tell the difference between global announcments and announcments that are apparently tied to the forum you are looking at. Unless there's some other way to distinguish them visually, I'd suggest using global announcments only and making forums specific ones into stickies. It would certainly help me realize both when new globals are posted and when new stuff is in the forum I'm looking at's ones.

Also, I think the current MOTM post should be in the global announcments.
RPC
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Location: Hmm... I'm confused. Anybody have a starmap to the Core?

Seconded.
Tutorial List on the Wiki and Installing Mods
Get on Discord for mod help and general chat
Der Tod ist der zeitlose Frieden und das leben ist der Krieg
Wir müssen wissen — wir werden wissen!
I don't want any sort of copyright on my Transcendence mods. Feel free to take/modify whatever you want.
Ttech
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Star Weaver wrote:Hi! I'm finding it hard to tell the difference between global announcments and announcments that are apparently tied to the forum you are looking at. Unless there's some other way to distinguish them visually, I'd suggest using global announcments only and making forums specific ones into stickies. It would certainly help me realize both when new globals are posted and when new stuff is in the forum I'm looking at's ones.

Global Announcements are just like announcements except visible globally, the other option is we don't use Announcements except globally. I can look into a mod and see what can be done, however I bet Wolfy will have it handled before I can check.
Star Weaver
Militia Commander
Militia Commander

Hm, yeah, I'd just use announcments for globals and stickies for forum-specific stuff in that case.

Forgot to reply to this forever :D
Ttech
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

heh, thought you forgot about it. :P
Star Weaver
Militia Commander
Militia Commander

Well, maybe people didn't understand, read this, or were hoping the silcence means things are ok, but I *STILL* have *LARGE* problems figuring out which announcements are global vs local. And because of this just spent ten minutes looking for the the MOTM banners gallery despite knowing (almost) where it was.

Though that's ALSO related to the fact that posts like that show that they're from two years ago due to the way they're updated, or something.