High scores

General discussion about anything related to Transcendence.
darksider
Commonwealth Pilot
Commonwealth Pilot

"Error form Multiverse: Unable to post game: unable to validate signature."
Finally finished a game and got this error. What's the cause? (what signature anyway?)
(Started on 1.08j and finished on 1.08l, save file copied twice to other folders (j>k>l), no mods, no resurrection)

EDIT: Okay, resurrected (though I don't remember I died?) and then self-destructed. Now got this - "Game record posted to Multiverse."
What?
Song
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Sounds like either a connection issue or a multiverse bug. In vanilla (unmodded) games, the game sends your highscore to the multiverse server, possibly along with some other data about your game. In this case, something went wrong and you got an error, probably because it couldn't authenticate the game (either as vanilla, or as being YOU). The second time, the error did not occur, and your score was posted correctly. I think.
Mischievous local moderator. She/Her pronouns.
darksider
Commonwealth Pilot
Commonwealth Pilot

Come to think of it, no one ever on the new highscore list is registered as "left Human Space" while there are a number of people killed in Heretic system. (9 in top 100, to be precise)
Looks very suspicious.
Watch TV, Do Nothing
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

darksider wrote:Come to think of it, no one ever on the new highscore list is registered as "left Human Space" while there are a number of people killed in Heretic system. (9 in top 100, to be precise)
Looks very suspicious.
Since the game doesn't end after Heretic, players who go through the Heretic stargate don't go on the high scores list because that's not the end of the game. Players who pass Heretic might be able to resume those games when the new content is released, presuming that savegames remain compatible.

On the high scores list, I'd love to see types and counts of Domina powers used and separate top-ten lists for players who adhered to certain conducts (e.g. no backtracking).
durbanator
Commonwealth Pilot
Commonwealth Pilot

Back here again. and i see Starstrike still has the top spot. i sort of aborted my mission to dethrone him when i got my new laptop and gave in to playing the games that i've missed out. my old save file and trans folder is on my old laptop back in college and i was wondering if i could be able to access the same savegame that i was playing on it from my new laptop without having to copy it over from my old laptop (its a pain in the ass to boot up and dies randomly). is there any sort of cloud storage of save files?
also, i think i've beaten the game on permadeath with above 1,000,000, milking the ferians for all their worth and then the ringers and the ares, so i think i've definately got a spot in the top 5.
i am going to get back to this in december after my semester ends.
i would like it if there was a separate category for the high scores of the people who made it through the last stargate on their way to the core. and maybe a more detailed description of their play through.
Watch TV, Do Nothing
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

What kind of details are you talking about? The existing reports are pretty extensive.
durbanator
Commonwealth Pilot
Commonwealth Pilot

yeah, i didnt realize you could simply click the name and get the game stats :P