Succession #8

General discussion about anything related to Transcendence.
Aeon Blaze
Miner
Miner

Loading up the save now.
Okay, I'm done.
Turn #5 ~ https://www.dropbox.com/s/mym00funwmcbv ... 7.zip?dl=0
Highlights--
-Cleared out 3 systems- Mu Casser, Draconis, Lebezerin.
-No good shield or weapon found.
-Ranked up to Major and got Jenna.
-Slaves offered to Domina- 53. And now we are "Patriarch".
-Ranked up in Black market- Enforcer.
-Armor upgraded- Gusoku armor for better particle resistance.
-Sold dual particle beam weapon and bought omnidirectional turbolaser cannon + laser collimator(for pesky wind slavers).
-Bought a patch spider too.
-Found another explorer auton(in cargo now).
-We now have a lot of reserve fuel cause i used solar armor; solar armor(radiation immune) and 50 He3 assemblies are at destroyed sapiens camp in the Draconis system.
-Sold all ammo, now have 183 KM550 Broadsword missiles and 100 thermo cannon shells(for later use maybe).
Current credits-- 402,466 credits
Current fuel in ship-- 77 Heliotrope fuel, 30 Xenotite fuel and 135 He3 assemblies.
We need powerful weapons and shield, I almost got obliterated trying to take on a Tripoli destroyer.
All autons are still alive. :)

Currently sitting on a planet in sanctuary system(unexplored).
Good luck. :D
Atarlost
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Since I don't see a schedule I'm going to attempt to take a turn.

Backtracking to get rid of the drive. You guys do realize that a tritium propulsion upgrade is for boosting an EI500 to Sapphire stats, right? It does nothing for a Sapphire. If you guys really want a drive upgrade that actually does something there's a Titan 440 at eitherof the Thor's in Raziel.

Also, was the Sapphire nerfed in 1.5? It steers like a cow, even after dumping all the junk in our hold.

Really hating the new nebula invisibility. Also, yet another dual particle beam courtesy of the Penitent Order. Sold!

Picked up some hexagene boosters and another patch spider.

Remembered to call on Domina while running around looking for nearby tinker fodder (no luck on the fodder, but got the otherwise unattainable missile launcher enhancement).

Moskva 33 found. Considered swapping from PK25, but stuffed it with the cache instead.

Corporate Trading Post in Sanctuary I didn't order from.

And that's Sanctuary. It looks like people are doing multiple systems, so on to Raziel.

Another CTP in Raziel.

Forward armor upgraded to Ithalium.

Remembered to use explorer auton in Sanctuary while getting armor repaired. (keeping patch spiders in the loot cache because they're fragile and heavy)

Moving cache to gas giant in Raziel.

Finally killed enough Sung for the Huari to stop shooting us.

And done. I'll just do the two systems this time.

P.S. if you're wondering where all the missiles went, blame the Dwarg. Kacking Masters.

Dropbox
Attachments
RPC-4137.zip
(1.09 MiB) Downloaded 146 times
Literally is the new Figuratively
Song
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Atarlost wrote:
Backtracking to get rid of the drive. You guys do realize that a tritium propulsion upgrade is for boosting an EI500 to Sapphire stats, right? It does nothing for a Sapphire. If you guys really want a drive upgrade that actually does something there's a Titan 440 at the Thor's in Raziel.
It makes a fully-loaded sapphire handle like a less-loaded one by boosting thrust/weight, and makes the turning performance better as a result. Top speed is unaltered, but combat performance is notably boosted.
Atarlost wrote: Also, was the Sapphire nerfed in 1.5? It steers like a cow, even after dumping all the junk in our hold.
This is why I fitted a drive. :P Can't boost rate-of-rotation, but the handling does improve when you're running a heavy ship like we are.
Mischievous local moderator. She/Her pronouns.
Atarlost
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Shrike wrote:
Atarlost wrote:
Backtracking to get rid of the drive. You guys do realize that a tritium propulsion upgrade is for boosting an EI500 to Sapphire stats, right? It does nothing for a Sapphire. If you guys really want a drive upgrade that actually does something there's a Titan 440 at the Thor's in Raziel.
It makes a fully-loaded sapphire handle like a less-loaded one by boosting thrust/weight, and makes the turning performance better as a result. Top speed is unaltered, but combat performance is notably boosted.
Atarlost wrote: Also, was the Sapphire nerfed in 1.5? It steers like a cow, even after dumping all the junk in our hold.
This is why I fitted a drive. :P Can't boost rate-of-rotation, but the handling does improve when you're running a heavy ship like we are.
Since when does turning care about thrust/weight ratios? Whatever. Real Men don't upgrade their drives.
JohnBWatson
Fleet Officer
Fleet Officer

I'll have a go at it.

Edit:

Volkov's ours forever now. Both Volkov and the combat Autons are where they were left the previous round.

I've replaced the obsolete Gesoku armor with light Ithalium, which should hold us until Point Juno if necessary.

Nobunaga and Maharashtra are cleared.

Found CSC Arctica.

Bought out the stock of a Tempus lab, sold it at a CW station.

Bought insurance. It costs virtually nothing at this point.

Acquired MK V Howitzer, as our weapons were long past obsolete at this point.

Enhanced MK V Howitzer with weapon optimizer ROM.

Cleared Flauros, losing one of our explorer autons in the process to a Ventari Colony, which killed it instantly. The other is still in the crate we dropped.

Upgraded reactor to 500MW.

Dropbox
Atarlost
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Is no one else going to take the turn? I was just before JBW and would prefer to let others have a try before going again.