STARGAZER BULLETIN

General discussion for the game Anacreon
catfighter
Militia Commander
Militia Commander
Location: Laughing manically amidst the wreckage of the Iocrym fleet.

This is the official bulletin of the Barricades Pact.

Headlines:

~Lord Charminium voted into the Barricades Pact.
~Lord Newbeie reports Bismalia Empire to be abandoned. Curios :| , but the vultures already descend.

Current Pact Members:

Council of Four:
~Finnian Ambassador (Finnian) of the Finnian Empire
~Wayward Device (Wayward Device) of the Republic of Reason
~Riproviamo (calsifer) and of the RIPROVIAMO Empire
~Jaerevarr, Felor Urlassehld'drosshai (catfighter) of the Felor Urlann
Pact Members:
~Lord HOA0004 (AdmiralZo) of the hoa0004 Empire
~Lord Starnet (quils3) of the StarNet
~Lord Hallucination (Watch TV, Do Nothing) of the Hallucination Empire
~Lord Newbie (NIGHTHAWK620) of the Newbie Empire
~Lord Mandalor' (sharksaver) of the Mandalrian Empire
~Lord Charminium (6cef) of the Charminium Empire
Hopeful(s):
~Lord Accipiter (Vannor) of the Accipiter Empire

Arena Events:

Current Event(s):
~Free-For-All: random tests of whim and fancy to experiment with game mechanics, blow up whatever the heck you feel like as long as it's parked on an Arena world :twisted: ; no rules, no reward, and none of Charminium's famous biscuits :cry: .
Upcoming Events:
~First Galactic Rift Race: someone racing someone else from somewhere to somewhere else at some time for some prize [I think I even confused myself there :P . The point is, it's really vague and I think an explorer fleet is a fitting prize.]

Imperial Stats:

Current Great Powers:
~1) Republic of Reason (IM-1/antimatter)
~2) Dogeland (IM-0.94/antimatter)
~3) Finnian Empire(IM-0.75/biotech)
Oldest Surviving Empire(s):
~Muriel Union
~Dominion of Evil Sloths
~Faorn Empire
(all 300 cycles and counting, but all believed to have been abandoned)
Youngest Empire:
~Darkane Empire

Weekly Watch Advisor:

~[update pending]

Anyone with news or tips they would like to share is welcome to PM me (tell me whether or not you want to be named). We need eyes and ears all over the galaxy!

To-do list:
~current galactic map? [image may be too large to upload]
Last edited by catfighter on Mon Mar 30, 2015 7:32 am, edited 3 times in total.
Behold my avatar, one of the few ships to be drawn out pixel by pixel in the dreaded... Microsoft Paint!

Day 31: "I have successfully completed my time reversal experiment! Muahahaha!!!"
Day 30: "I might have run into a little problem here."
Watch TV, Do Nothing
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

Great idea!
catfighter
Militia Commander
Militia Commander

Thanks! :) I have been maintaining this bulletin in the Barricades thread by editing the second post, but a lot of people haven't noticed it. So here, everyone. Publicity!
Behold my avatar, one of the few ships to be drawn out pixel by pixel in the dreaded... Microsoft Paint!

Day 31: "I have successfully completed my time reversal experiment! Muahahaha!!!"
Wayward Device
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant

It would be nice if you would post each update instead of editing the first post, that way we will have a cool historical record of events in the galaxy. Having a new post also lets people know that there's been an update, I missed too many bulletins because I forgot to check the first page of the Barricade thread.

Also, would you allow the posting of news from other "news outlets?". A lot of interesting things happen in the galaxy and it can be easy to miss them.
catfighter
Militia Commander
Militia Commander

Wayward Device wrote:It would be nice if you would post each update instead of editing the first post, that way we will have a cool historical record of events in the galaxy. Having a new post also lets people know that there's been an update, I missed too many bulletins because I forgot to check the first page of the Barricade thread.

Also, would you allow the posting of news from other "news outlets?". A lot of interesting things happen in the galaxy and it can be easy to miss them.
I planned to copy-paste old posts below to keep a record while leaving news at the immediate beginning, but your suggestion sounds just as good. I updated yesterday, but the system seems to not have put it up, despite allowing me to see it immediately after posting. :? Guess I'll try again. (If anyone does find the old post floating around somewhere strange, please to tell me. I knew all my stuff liked to wander off at night, but this is insane. :roll: )

I said in the old bulletin that people could PM me tidbits to stick up under headlines or misc news, but go ahead and stick your finding wherever you like. :)

Watch TV, Do Nothing
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

State of the galaxy as of 4360 AD. I believe the game started in 4021 AD, so it has been 339 years since the beta started.

Code: Select all

doctrine	worlds	age		imperial might (adjusted)
Dogeland			l&o		549		181		100
R of R			l&o		629		98		95
Finnian			l&o		514		124		84
NEWBIE			l&o		384		64		70
nor				l&o		489		92		68
Charminium		l&o		494		40		66
Hallucin.		l&o		284		57		46
Felor				l&o		315		91		45
RIPROVIAMO		l&o		210		97		30
hoa0004			l&o		195		167		26
Bismalia		f&m		103		162		17
Scarran			s&h		52		301		8
Mandalorians	f&m		28		47		4
evil space p.	t&e		27		8		4
Elder Confed.	f&m		25		8		2

I only included players with >20 worlds, the full list would be longer.
catfighter
Militia Commander
Militia Commander

I believe you'll be removing the Evil Space Pirates from the list soon. I don't think they'll be able to beat Nor in a shootout...

But it's good to see the pecking order so well laid out. Thank's for the post!

catfighter
Militia Commander
Militia Commander

Headlines:

~The Evil Space Pirates attack Nor, but are soon visited by a little "peacekeeping" fleet. They appeared to think they could kill anyone with their "magically invincible starfleet".
~Lord Reason's announcement that other Pact members are free to take his unconnected worlds will be given some publicity, as few people seem to take it seriously.
~The galaxy reaches a record low of 28 players! :shock: (lowest observed since I joined)

Current Pact Members:

Council of Four:
~Finnian Ambassador (Finnian) of the Finnian Empire
~Wayward Device (Wayward Device) of the Republic of Reason
~Riproviamo (calsifer) and of the RIPROVIAMO Empire
~Jaerevarr, Felor Urlassehld'drosshai (catfighter) of the Felor Urlann
Pact Members:
~Lord HOA0004 (AdmiralZo) of the hoa0004 Empire
~Lord Starnet (quils3) of the StarNet
~Lord Hallucination (Watch TV, Do Nothing) of the Hallucination Empire
~Lord Newbie (NIGHTHAWK620) of the Newbie Empire
~Lord Mandalor' (sharksaver) of the Mandalrian Empire
~Lord Charminium (6cef) of the Charminium Empire
Hopeful(s):
~Lord Accipiter (Vannor) of the Accipiter Empire

Arena Events:

Current Event(s):
~Free-For-All: random tests of whim and fancy to experiment with game mechanics, blow up whatever the heck you feel like as long as it's parked on an Arena world :twisted: ; no rules, no reward, and none of Charminium's famous biscuits :cry: .
Upcoming Events:
~First Galactic Rift Race: someone racing someone else from somewhere to somewhere else at some time for some prize [I think I even confused myself there :P . The point is, it's really vague and I think an explorer fleet is a fitting prize.]

Imperial Stats:

Current Great Powers:
~1) Dogeland (IM-1/antimatter)
~2) Republic of Reason (IM-0.95/antimatter)
~3) Finnian Empire(IM-0.84/biotech)
~Muriel Union
~Dominion of Evil Sloths
~Faorn Empire
(all 300 cycles and counting, but all believed to have been abandoned)
Youngest Empire:
~Foundry Empire

Weekly Watch Advisor:

~Don't swallow anything bigger than your head. In other words, don't try to kill someone who is vastly more powerful. Especially if you don't scout their worlds first.

Anyone with news or tips they would like to share is welcome to PM me (tell me whether or not you want to be named). We need eyes and ears all over the galaxy!

To-do list:
~current galactic map? [image may be too large to upload]

Watch TV, Do Nothing
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

catfighter wrote:Headlines:
~The galaxy reaches a record low of 28 players! :shock: (lowest observed since I joined)
For a while there someone (evil space pirates?) was going around killing one-planet empires, that's probably why there are fewer players now.
Finnian
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant

catfighter wrote:Headlines:

~Muriel Union
~Dominion of Evil Sloths
Dominion of Evil Sloths DESAPEARED!
IN GEORGE WE TRUST
Watch TV, Do Nothing
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

Can someone explain what happened during the nor-pirates war? I helped pirates move into the nebula by destroying their old capital and then somehow they were moving insane numbers of starfrigates around and now they're totally gone.
Finnian
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant

That's only an example of how this game can be misteryious..
IN GEORGE WE TRUST
Nor
Anarchist
Anarchist

I offered the Pirates an orderly withdrawal-- designate a new sector capital outside of my space, withdraw all fleets toward it, and leave me to sweep up his holdings within my space including his old capital, whereupon he'd exist and his fleets would exist but he wouldn't be in the same kind of position to threaten me. When last I looked it had worked-- I took his capital and his other sector capitals, a new capital existed where it should, and his fleets were all en route.

I think he must have decided overnight that the new deal didn't leave him enough to play with and abdicated, after he got his fleets to his new capital. (There's 2.7 million worth of starfrigates etc sitting on what had been his new capital.) It doesn't look like anyone else took him out; I didn't.
Watch TV, Do Nothing
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

Anything happen worth putting in my gameplay guide other than "don't attack players whose imperial might is 10x yours"?
Nor
Anarchist
Anarchist

That's pretty much it. He was apparently overly persuaded by discussions on the board that high-level starfrigates were powerful way beyond their space force ranking, and was surprised that my jumpfleets could knock out his 1000-2000 at a time bunches of starfrigates. He was also playing a loot-and-grab-and-trade-with-Mesophon strategy to build up those starfleets way ahead of his empire size. I have no idea whether it would have been a good strategy if pursued more patiently or by picking on a smaller enemy first.