Can't see missiles without launcher

Found a bug in the game? Post it in one of the applicable sub forums depending on the version you are using. Tech support is also available in the Tech Support subforum.
Atarlost
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Knowing what ammo is available is kind of important to purchasing decisions for launchers. There's no point to buying a launcher if the shops don't have good ammo for it. Or in the case of an ammo using weapon any ammo at all.
Literally is the new Figuratively
Shaman
Commonwealth Pilot
Commonwealth Pilot

I had this problem at first, too.
If you go to the regular buy screen and hit "s" it shows all the items that are sold. There is a hint at that screen, but it is kind of hard to spot.
PM
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

That does not help in places like Commonwealth Fortresses where there is no "regular buy screen" and you can only buy items via dock services.
Download and Play in 1.9 beta 1...
Drake Technologies (Alpha): More hardware for combat in parts 1 and 2!
Star Castle Arcade: Play a classic arcade game adventure, with or without more features (like powerups)!
Playership Drones: Buy or restore exotic ships to command!

Other playable mods from 1.8 and 1.7, waiting to be updated...
Godmode v3 (WIP): Dev/cheat tool compatible with D&O parts 1 or 2.
JohnBWatson
Fleet Officer
Fleet Officer

So, could this be solved by having the buy ammo button give an option to show all ammo, and allowing us to use it without ammo weapons installed?
Atarlost
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

The options aren't very noticeable. If there were a way to show everything and highlight stuff relevant to the installed weapon that might be best.

Actually, hiding ammo messes up mods now that I think about it. Weapons using virtual launchers aren't associated with the ammo they actually fire.
Literally is the new Figuratively
Watch TV, Do Nothing
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

JohnBWatson wrote:So, could this be solved by having the buy ammo button give an option to show all ammo, and allowing us to use it without ammo weapons installed?
Wasn't the buy screen removed from Commonwealth Fortresses to keep players from buying everything to resell on the Black Market? I think the solution is to have some sort of dock element that indicates which types of ammunition a station stocks, but doesn't list specific quantities.
PM
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Watch TV, Do Nothing wrote:Wasn't the buy screen removed from Commonwealth Fortresses to keep players from buying everything to resell on the Black Market?
I do not know if this was the reason, but if so, it failed miserably. In my last EP game, I still bought military stuff from Commonwealth Fortresses precisely to resell at a Black Market for a profit. Yes, losing money over (un)install services was annoying, but an easy profit is still an easy profit.

Commonwealth Fortress is not the only station that sells items only via dock services. Commonwealth Fleet assets (i.e., CSCs and Point Juno) also sell a few items (TeV9s, Katana Stars, Hexphase armor) via dock services only.
Download and Play in 1.9 beta 1...
Drake Technologies (Alpha): More hardware for combat in parts 1 and 2!
Star Castle Arcade: Play a classic arcade game adventure, with or without more features (like powerups)!
Playership Drones: Buy or restore exotic ships to command!

Other playable mods from 1.8 and 1.7, waiting to be updated...
Godmode v3 (WIP): Dev/cheat tool compatible with D&O parts 1 or 2.