Eternity Port Mods: List?

Freeform discussion about anything related to modding Transcendence.
Song
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Recently someone asked on Steam about EP mods....and I had a rather hard time answering. So that people have a bit of an easier time finding mods that work with the EP campaign, I'm inviting mod-writers to post here if they've got a mod that works with the Eternity Port adventure (IE: Is not exclusive to SOTP, or is designed specifically for EP). Please include a URL to your release thread (or download page if you don't run a thread. Just note that it's a download link if you do that though, please) I'll update the OP with a list as we go along, assuming people pipe up with some examples!

To start off, Shrike's Mines and Missiles ++ is fully compatible with Eternity Port to the best of my knowledge.
Mischievous local moderator. She/Her pronouns.
AssumedPseudonym
Fleet Officer
Fleet Officer

Technically, everything of mine is compatible with Eternity Port. That said, Interior Design is really only relevant if players have a modded playership with interior, the Utility Pack doesn’t add anything particularly useful to actual gameplay, and the paradoxInfinity playership from Overkill is not available in Eternity Port. Furthermore, using Overkill in Eternity Port at all is extremely risky due to the very real possibility of a Goron Swift winding up with a plasma cascade blaster — yes, I have seen it, and it is not pretty. x.@;

Mod prefixes: 0xA010 (registered) and 0xDCC8 (miscellaneous)

My mods on Xelerus: Click here!

Of all the things I’ve lost in life, I miss my mind the least. (I’m having a lot more fun without it!)
Xephyr
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

Short term fix for players and modders who want to use custom playerships in EP: add this in the "Shipclass" section of playership XML;

Code: Select all

attributes=			"00900000_PlayerShip"
characterClass=		"&unidCDMMercenaryClass;"
This should replace "00200000_PlayerShip" and "&unidPilgrimClass;" respectively.

EDIT: You also need to put this in "PlayerSettings" section

Code: Select all

startingSystem=		"Kibo"
This should, of course, replace "Eridani" or "Tau Ceti". Sorry if this gave you trouble.
Last edited by Xephyr on Thu Oct 01, 2015 3:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Project Renegade (Beta) : "The Poor Man's Corporate Command!"
Real programmers count from 0. And sometimes I do, too.
CosmicKobal
Anarchist
Anarchist

AssumedPseudonym wrote: Technically, everything of mine is compatible with Eternity Port. That said, Interior Design is really only relevant if players have a modded playership with interior, the Utility Pack doesn’t add anything particularly useful to actual gameplay, and the paradoxInfinity playership from Overkill is not available in Eternity Port. Furthermore, using Overkill in Eternity Port at all is extremely risky due to the very real possibility of a Goron Swift winding up with a plasma cascade blaster — yes, I have seen it, and it is not pretty. x.@;

I'm actually the OP that Shrike mentioned and Your 'new ship' mod isn't working for me in EP. I downloaded it from

http://xelerus.de/index.php?s=mod&id=1376

Which I got from https://forums.kronosaur.com/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=6422

I'm also not confident at ALL what it is that Xephyr is saying to do. the extent of my mod creation experience is when I once changed the amount of hp, mana and stamina I received at each level up in Skyrim.

EDIT: I went into the AE-0001-ships.xml and I'm pretty sure I followed Xephyr's instructions, but the ships mod still isn't working for me.

EDIT: Ok, I'm an idiot... I made the changes to the XML, and then launched the game to test the changes without saving the changes i made to the XML.... *palms face*. It seems to work fine now.

EDIT: sigh... The ships from the ships mod are available in the ship selection screen now, but they only have the option to start in Eridani or tau ceti. Neither of which will allow EP to launch correctly. I'm calling it a night. hopefully people more knowledgeable than me will come to my rescue tomorrow ;)

EDIT: i decided to give it one more whack before bed and I think i finally got it to work. at first I was only changing the playership and shipclass on the ships for the FIRST time they showed up going down the xml. I had stopped once the shipclass stopped saying 'pilgrim' and start being similar to '9RE7DG2VS9'. In order to get it to work properly( so far) I had to change every instance of 00200000 and the 'shipclass' line beneath it.
Last edited by CosmicKobal on Thu Oct 01, 2015 7:14 am, edited 2 times in total.
CosmicKobal
Anarchist
Anarchist

Prospector mod works in EP as well.

http://xelerus.de/index.php?s=mod&id=926
AssumedPseudonym
Fleet Officer
Fleet Officer

CosmicKobal wrote:Your 'new ship' mod isn't working for me in EP.
…Huh. Yeah, just downloaded it, myself, to give it a look, and apparently it does need a minor update. I’ll get that taken care of over the weekend. It used to work, by the way. Thanks for pointing that out. ^.^

Of all the things I’ve lost in life, I miss my mind the least. (I’m having a lot more fun without it!)
digdug
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

WE6 will work in EP and CC.
I had in the back of my mind not to fiddle with EP exclusive stuff. I suppose this is not the case anymore, as all the people on Steam have CC and EP and these people want mods too :)

All ships playable mod coming up for EP ? :)
PM
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Most, if not all, of my mods should work for Eternity Port.
digdug wrote:All ships playable mod coming up for EP ?
This is a goal for Playership Drones 7. I cannot work on that now, but I will eventually.
Download and Play in 1.9 beta 1...
Drake Technologies (Alpha): More hardware for combat in parts 1 and 2!
Star Castle Arcade: Play a classic arcade game adventure, with or without more features (like powerups)!
Playership Drones: Buy or restore exotic ships to command!

Other playable mods from 1.8 and 1.7, waiting to be updated...
Godmode v3 (WIP): Dev/cheat tool compatible with D&O parts 1 or 2.
AssumedPseudonym
Fleet Officer
Fleet Officer

AssumedPseudonym wrote:I’ll get that taken care of over the weekend.
 …Unless I get impatient, in which case I’ll do it about, oh, five minutes ago. Thanks again for mentioning that.

CosmicKobal
Anarchist
Anarchist

Anyone know of a mod that would allow me to purchase a different ship ingame or perhaps do permanent, hardwired upgrades to the ship?

perhaps an experience system?
PM
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Playership Drones lets you buy more ships. It is not finished yet (only an Alpha for now). Eventually, PSD7 (post-Alpha) will support all ships in the game instead of just the normal playerships.

Permanent upgrades? Stuff like targeting program?
Download and Play in 1.9 beta 1...
Drake Technologies (Alpha): More hardware for combat in parts 1 and 2!
Star Castle Arcade: Play a classic arcade game adventure, with or without more features (like powerups)!
Playership Drones: Buy or restore exotic ships to command!

Other playable mods from 1.8 and 1.7, waiting to be updated...
Godmode v3 (WIP): Dev/cheat tool compatible with D&O parts 1 or 2.
CosmicKobal
Anarchist
Anarchist

sort of like the targeting system, maybe a kind of software system? a certain number of slots available for things like for example:

"the complicated algorithms in this sophisticated bit of coding optimize the power consumption of any non-launcher ship-systems by 25%"
Xephyr
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

Just updated D&O ships to current API.
Xephyr
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

Ships by Xephyr is compatible with Eternity Port.
gunship256
Militia Commander
Militia Commander