PM's mods

Post about your finished mods here.
PM
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Reuploaded Star Castle Arcade and Drake Technologies Alpha. See readme files for changes.
Download and Play in 1.9 beta 1...
Drake Technologies (Alpha): More hardware for combat in parts 1 and 2!
Star Castle Arcade: Play a classic arcade game adventure, with or without more features (like powerups)!
Playership Drones: Buy or restore exotic ships to command!

Other playable mods from 1.8 and 1.7, waiting to be updated...
Godmode v3 (WIP): Dev/cheat tool compatible with D&O parts 1 or 2.
PM
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Updated the following mods to 1.6 RC 2:
Auton Assembly Hangar
Drake Technologies Alpha
Items Pack 912
Mined Asteroids Explode
Ore Scanning Program
Quick Loot Ore
Relief Pack 912
Star Castle Arcade
Take All
Xen System

Drake Technologies Alpha received a few new items and numerous rebalancing changes. The rest received updates to keep up with the latest 1.6 release, fixing any bugs that were present, such as Tinkers and guards spawning in the Star Castle Arcade adventure.

Also removed the following mods:
Alternative Exchange: Obsolete - prices do not lower progressively in the latest 1.6 releases.
Lander Auton: Now part of Items Pack 912 v7.
Sidearms: Abandoned. I do not want to spend more time maintaining this. Someone else can recreate the mod if he wants.

Playership Drones v6+ and related files may be removed soon after 1.6 because they do not function completely in the latest 1.6 releases.
Star Castle Arcade: Play a classic arcade game adventure, with or without more features (like powerups)!

PM
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Updated Resource Library 912 to 1.6. Removed Fancy Item Display - it is obsolete in 1.6. Updated the remaining dependent mods. Now features a Human Space map that shows Near Stars region for Eternity Port games. Godmode now supports all currencies (including those exclusive to Eternity Port), and includes a cheat to set them all to one billion.

Also hotfixed and reuploaded Drake Technologies Alpha.

PM
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Uploaded Playership Drones v7 Alpha to Xelerus. Also updated Drake Technologies Alpha and Star Castle Arcade.

I have yet to delete the older Playership Drones v6 files due to time constraints, but it will be done eventually.

PM
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Updated Drake Technologies Alpha to 1.6.2 RC at Xelerus. The hitscan Beamers no longer passthrough everything. They finally behave as intended, and they should not be overpowered anymore! Also added a few more weapons.

PM
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

A (not-so) quick note: I am experimenting with hitscan passthrough attacks that hit a target only once until the attack hits another target. The idea is to make 100% passthrough attacks useful without being too overpowered against single huge targets, usually. Without this feature, my newest beam weapon would one-shot Starton Eridani or similarly huge targets despite low damage per hit, yet barely scratch gunships.

Drake Technologies Alpha will be updated soon. I had some balance tweaks finished for at least a week, but experimentation with stuff like the above has held it up.

Jay2Jay
Militia Commander
Militia Commander

I was just wondering, for future reference, what exactly did 1.6 break with playership drones v6? Is it something in the code or...?
PM
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

The default ship configuration dockscreen has changed, which means linking weapons for some ships may not be possible anymore. (I have not checked if linking works or not).

Many ships received updated sprites, either through the base game or the HD expansion. The 120 facings ship graphics at Xelerus is somewhat out-of-date. I will remove it and PSD6 eventually. I originally planned to remove them when I uploaded PSD7 Alpha, but I was in a time crunch when that happened, and I just not have bothered since. For now, I decided to leave them until I develop PSD7 more.

The code in PSD6 was a mess. Rather than slog through and try to update it, I thought it was better to (mostly) rewrite the mod.

PM
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Uploaded new mod Tachyon Beamer Demo to Xelerus. The mod adds a flashy overpowered hitscan weapon. It is a new endgame reward in Drake Technologies Alpha, but for those who do not want to wait, this mod will let you play with it now.

Updated the following:
Drake Technologies Alpha: Several bug fixes and new items, including drone bays, revamped AutoBeamers, and the new Tachyon Beamer. Restart required.
Playership Drones v7 Alpha: Fixed bug that prevent Shipyard from appearing at Gunsan Complex. No restart necessary.

PM
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Hotfixed and reuploaded Drake Technologies Alpha and Tachyon Beamer Demo at Xelerus. Tachyon Beamer no longer hits moving targets twice.

PM
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Yet another hotfix to Drake Technologies Alpha uploaded to Xelerus. This one fixes faulty target detection for drone bays and removes the damage penalty Manticore had for AutoBeamers. Drone bays get a possible buff by deploying additional drones if more quantum CPUs (not including the bay itself) are installed.

PM
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Reuploaded Drake Technologies Alpha. Features a new low level grenade launcher and a shockwave weapon. Both derived from content featured in Items Pack 912.

The idea is to import the best from Items Pack 912 in some form (work still ongoing), then either retire Items912 or evolve it into a compilation mod of various older item mods that I no longer wish to maintain as individual mods.

relanat
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

Re QuickLootOre.

In 1.7a1a I've noticed that the playership doesn't come to a complete stop after it has collected the ore like it used to several versions ago (Trans 1.1). Now the ship keeps travelling slowly at the ore's speed and direction.

Any chance of an update to bring the ship to a halt after picking up ore? Or offer the option to have the ship either stop or drift? This was one of the things I liked about this mod (apart from cutting out a heap of dockscreens for every bit of ore) because you were stationary to set up the next shot with your mining laser.

There doesn't seem to be any code difference between the last 2 verions of Quckloot except for the API version and library reference so possibly something in Transcendence has changed. Not sure.

(And a thanks to marsrocks for the Santa Box mod. 'Make mined ore' made it easy to test this.)
Stupid code. Do what I want, not what I typed in!
PM
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

I never intended for the ship to do anything more than standard docking procedures; just bypass dockscreen and show a brief one-line summary. That it made the ship stop completely before was probably a side-effect of docking, although I think I might have snagged a few ores before stopping in previous versions.

I do not plan to update my mods' API until 1.7 becomes the next stable release, unless I update a mod that needs those features. So far, I am only updating Drake Technologies (for now), which is getting mutilated for balance reasons.

That said, QuickLootOre overwrites something, and I should check the 1.7 xmls for any changes, and update if necessary.

PM
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Drake Techologies Alpha has been updated to 1.7 alpha, and has been uploaded to Xelerus as a new mod, so that the older 1.6 version is preserved for now. I rushed as quickly as possible to get this release candidate ready before tomorrow, so there may be a few bugs that crept in.

Major features include major weapon rebalance, updated weapon effects, new weapons, new enhancers (such as tracking module), and new and improved ZapSats from Items Pack 912.