Scoring factors

Ask any question about playing and surviving in the Transcendence universe. Newbies welcome!
TheLoneWolf
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

What factors effect the score you get off each kill? And is there any list about how much score objects give on being killed? Thanks! Btw is there any score earned by mining :D aha!
AssumedPseudonym
Fleet Officer
Fleet Officer

You earn score by destroying hostile ships. …That’s it. Not destroying stations, not completing missions, not mining, not trading. Just destroying hostile ships. No more, no less. This is something that was brought up a ways back as needing expanded upon. And by hostile, I don’t mean ships that are actively shooting at you (like that salvager nomad you’re trying to blow up because it’s been stealing all of your loot), I mean ships that show up on the LRS as a red dot. Each ship has its own specific scoring value, which is determined by code in the game engine — you can look at the code here, if you’re interested. …And no, don’t ask me to decipher it. @.@

Mod prefixes: 0xA010 (registered) and 0xDCC8 (miscellaneous)

My mods on Xelerus: Click here!

Of all the things I’ve lost in life, I miss my mind the least. (I’m having a lot more fun without it!)
TheLoneWolf
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

Hey! Thats C++! And good for you, I understand C++ pretty well. Actually its all I understand aha! Now I wont ask you to decipher it :P
Thanks for the code!
NMS
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

After adding up the scores of all the enemy ships you've destroyed, your score is divided by (1 + the number of times you've resurrected).
AssumedPseudonym
Fleet Officer
Fleet Officer

NMS wrote:After adding up the scores of all the enemy ships you've destroyed, your score is divided by (1 + the number of times you've resurrected).
 Oh right, I forgot about that. Also, resurrecting with insurance does not count toward that number.

Mod prefixes: 0xA010 (registered) and 0xDCC8 (miscellaneous)

My mods on Xelerus: Click here!

Of all the things I’ve lost in life, I miss my mind the least. (I’m having a lot more fun without it!)
Astraltor
Anarchist
Anarchist

TheLoneWolf wrote:Hey! Thats C++! And good for you, I understand C++ pretty well. Actually its all I understand aha! Now I wont ask you to decipher it :P
Thanks for the code!
can you translate it into english for us
"You're supposed to have terrible aim in a barroom brawl. How else are you going to get everyone in the whole place involved?" - mucat
TheLoneWolf
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

Into english? You mean to explain it? Sure! But only if someone copy-pastes the whole thing in this post. Because my mobile doesnt support multitab (its pretty ancient. Nokia 206 to be exact). Wait after I try UC browser. THANKS FOR THE PROJECT!