A FUNNY ACTING BUG MAYBE?

General discussion for the game Anacreon
NIGHTHAWK620
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant

In the Alpha game version of Anacreon I was trying to conquer the planet TERRA. The planet kept resetting and I would have to conquer it again and again for about 22 watches. So far I have only been able to change it's name to NWE TERRA SC. This planet located between NEO ( NEWBIE) and FELIS (CAERULEUS) NEAR PRISEK (ANCIENT NOX) empire. I with leave some ships plus fleet name change to THIS IS IT FLEET. Please check this out. TRIED AGAIN AND IT HAPPENED AGAIN EXCEPT I TRIED TO IMPORT TO THE PLANET, PLANET FROZEN ON IMPORT AND SECTOR CAPITOL MESSAGE CAME UP STATING MUST BE WITIHN 250 LIGHT YEARS OF CAPITAL OR SECTOR CAPITAL. WHICH IT IS. I WILL SEE IF I CAN GET OUT OF THIS.
NH620
Watch TV, Do Nothing
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

There are a couple planets like this in beta too. They are all > tl 6 Earthlike worlds that are potential starting capitals and I think that there must be some bug that causes planets like this to get reset to independent periodically even if they are part of an empire.
WorldsStrongestNerd
Commonwealth Pilot
Commonwealth Pilot

I have two planets in my territory with what I believe is this bug. They are earth like worlds with an efficiency of .02%. As soon as it is conquered it reverts back to independent.
catfighter
Militia Commander
Militia Commander
Location: Laughing manically amidst the wreckage of the Iocrym fleet.

Odd, I'll have to look into it.
WorldsStrongestNerd wrote:They are earth like worlds with an efficiency of .02%.
Sorry guys, because I often created planets like that when I conquered and purposefully totaled efficiency to prevent them from being useful if retaken. I suspect Lord Henry's loss of planets also created some...
Watch TV, Do Nothing wrote:They are all > tl 6 Earthlike worlds that are potential starting capitals and I think that there must be some bug that causes planets like this to get reset to independent periodically even if they are part of an empire.
I don't think that happens. I never saw anything in the code indicating purposeful use of such an action and I don't remember ever losing captured homeworlds or TL6/7 earth-like worlds. I could pull up a list of all possible homeworlds to see if the affected planets actually are (though I don't know if we'd be able to make sense of the data).
Behold my avatar, one of the few ships to be drawn out pixel by pixel in the dreaded... Microsoft Paint!

Day 31: "I have successfully completed my time reversal experiment! Muahahaha!!!"
Day 30: "I might have run into a little problem here."
WorldsStrongestNerd
Commonwealth Pilot
Commonwealth Pilot

That is interesting catfighter. It seems that a planet can indeed be destroyed. However, in the bug I have seen, the planet is not rebelling. Litterally 5 seconds after being conquered it goes back to indepentant.