We Could Be Immortals...

General discussion for the game Anacreon
catfighter
Militia Commander
Militia Commander
Location: Laughing manically amidst the wreckage of the Iocrym fleet.

Speaking of Immotals and Rus, I think he may have attempted to abdicate. Several worlds formerly his have become independent with efficiency levels indicative of recent independence-without-civil-war movements and his remaining ones no longer display a sphere of influence.

This may be yet another thing to test in Alpha: the death of a Deathless...
Behold my avatar, one of the few ships to be drawn out pixel by pixel in the dreaded... Microsoft Paint!

Day 31: "I have successfully completed my time reversal experiment! Muahahaha!!!"
Day 30: "I might have run into a little problem here."
catfighter
Militia Commander
Militia Commander

A further update on Immortality: apparently tech is a vicious cycle. Foundations can't lift themselves beyond the empire's average tech level, which falls due to the lack of incoming tech, which causes the foundation tech-max to drop, which... and so on and so forth. My average TL is currently TL7 and still dropping; guess I'll be trying out a non-chronimium run myself. (No copyright infringement intended, TV. :wink: )
Behold my avatar, one of the few ships to be drawn out pixel by pixel in the dreaded... Microsoft Paint!

Day 31: "I have successfully completed my time reversal experiment! Muahahaha!!!"
Wayward Device
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant

catfighter wrote:A further update on Immortality: apparently tech is a vicious cycle. Foundations can't lift themselves beyond the empire's average tech level, which falls due to the lack of incoming tech, which causes the foundation tech-max to drop, which... and so on and so forth. My average TL is currently TL7 and still dropping; guess I'll be trying out a non-chronimium run myself. (No copyright infringement intended, TV. :wink: )
My understanding is that your empire tech level is capped by the level of your capital world. Raising your cap back to 10 with projects, letting a nearby foundation get to 10, hooking the cap up to the foundation and destroying the projects should sort you out. The last step isn't really needed, just good practice.

I've seen this with new empires, but rebuilding the RoR after I let it fall apart for 100 cycles or so confirmed it. I lost the New Mars foundation which dropped New Mars to 7. Across the whole galaxy, even in clusters where I didn't lose a single world, all the foundations dropped to 7 with predictable results. The first thing I did when rebuilding was to retake the New Mars foundation and get my cap back to 10. As soon as I did, all my remaining foundations started going back to 10.
NIGHTHAWK620
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant

I also have the no capitol bug in beta game. The name of my capitol has change at least 4 times as I guess someone conquered me and others conquered them. But I had minimal control of empire control board I think I could send massages, didn't get any answers though. I was told that if I don't sign in for 30 day it will auto abdicate. I haven't signed in for 3 or 5 days. Let's see what happens and I will keep the forum informed.
NH620
catfighter
Militia Commander
Militia Commander

Wayward Device wrote:My understanding is that your empire tech level is capped by the level of your capital world.
I thought so as well. But my old capital was at TL8, my one and only sector cap was at TL6, and my empire's average was TL7. I'll see if anything has changed. Hold on a sec...
*checks on Alpha empire*
Fraggles. :? Someone just started and got my old capital so I have to wait for them to (auto)abdicate. But in the meantime, I'll hope they're an utter newb and build a bunch of tech projects before attempting to expand or attack me and set off the retaliation period.
Wayward Device wrote:Raising your cap back to 10 with projects, letting a nearby foundation get to 10, hooking the cap up to the foundation and destroying the projects should sort you out. The last step isn't really needed, just good practice.
Why so? In Beta my capital (and my old capital) has a TL10 tech program, but it doesn't take up any industry to keep it around and I don't need to use up tech levels whose industry could be spent on plasma towers.

@NIGHTHAWK620 If the temptation to sign in grows too great :wink: , do drop me a message to see if it works (assuming you're able to see my capital). Immortals cannot be messaged back except through fleet/planet names or possibly a direct jQuery invocation of the necessary function(s)... Great, now I'm going to have to spend an hour or two trying to do it. :roll: I'll eventually find you in $Anacreon.sovereignList...

catfighter
Militia Commander
Militia Commander

Another update: the game has finally recognized that my original capital is no longer under my control and has stopped painting a sphere of influence around it (though x-cycles-since-you-last-logged-in messages still pop up on it).

The new ruler of my old homeworld has not taken action or (auto-)abdicated yet, so I'm stuck in regards to getting it back for now.

AdmiralZo
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant

In the Alpha version, I suffer from the no-capital bug. I have recently captured my old capital and have done a few experiments. Here are the results:
  • The first thing I noticed was that there was no insta-rebel thing.

The second thing I noticed was that the tech level was dropping from quantum down to biotech. This is interesting since I had built two tech level programs on the world and from my understanding, the world should have remained on TL 9.

All my foundations are dropping down to biotech because of a lack of a capital.

The designation is 'autonomous'.

The world has no 'empire' tab which means I can't abdicate or change doctrine.

It also has the 'designate' button which a capital does not usually have. When I click on it, the only option is 'sector capital'. The strange thing is, when I try designating it as a sector capital, a message pops up. It reads: "The capital cannot be redesignated."
catfighter
Militia Commander
Militia Commander

Are the tech programs still there, or did they disappear? And do you have the option to rebuild them? In Beta, my first capital kept its tech programs even after it was conquered, redesignated, recaptured, and redesignated again.

The next test should be to find out whether making it rebel or getting it captured will reset the capital variable. (If you are willing, the Compact can send in some troops to try it out.)

AdmiralZo
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant

It would seem as if the tech programs have completely vanished. It doesn't look like I have the option to rebuild them; maybe because the game still thinks my capital is at biotech.

Yes, you may send your troops over to test it out.
catfighter
Militia Commander
Militia Commander

Hehe, time for a little DBH*. :twisted:

If this works, do you want to conquer my old capital once I get it back to see if we get the same results, or should I see what making it rebel does?

*Death By Helions

catfighter
Militia Commander
Militia Commander

The results of the invasion:

- 90,000 sf in helions attacked 35,000 sf in eldritch and various planetary defenses with 25% casualties before winning
- I received the message "Enemy capital conquered." and many nearby worlds defected
- hoa0004 worlds no longer display spheres of influence and no capital is visible; this may only be because his new capital (if any) is outside of my scanning range

I am currently scouring the region to see if I can find a new capital; do tell us what you see now and where (if at all) a new capital was appointed, Admiral.

EDIT - Captured worlds display my empire tab, just like all the ones I already had.

AdmiralZo
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant

Wow! Your invasion actually benefitted my empire. I finally have a capital again. My new capital is on the same planet as your former empire Digital Dominion had its. :shock: The name is 'Digital Dominion Memorial' and is located in the south east. (I named it this right after your empire collapsed)

18 worlds defected and another 2 are in civil war.

I think we should see what rebelling does to the capital, since we already know that conquering it works.
catfighter
Militia Commander
Militia Commander

Fascinating...

Cosmo's still sitting on my old capital, though. :roll:

pirx
Miner
Miner

I am not sure if it common knowledge but apparently the undead immortal capitals still show up on the full galaxy export .png . There are quite a few of these planets of the dead throughout the beta (see Xephyrs domain). But what is up with Rus? I cannot attack these planets or even see their details, is that the normal behavior of this decapitation bug? I haven't found the Rus capital in the export png yet.
Attachments
planet_of_the_dead.jpg
planet_of_the_dead.jpg (126.01 KiB) Viewed 8953 times
Xephyr
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

Hah, awesome. The galaxy has been scarred with my legacy.
Project Renegade (Beta) : "The Poor Man's Corporate Command!"
Real programmers count from 0. And sometimes I do, too.