STARGAZER BULLETIN

General discussion for the game Anacreon
Aureo-Oreo
Miner
Miner

pirx wrote: I think I was rather gentle compared to what Henry did three weeks ago to my previous empire when it was 5 cycles old.
Haha, apologies to you too. I honestly didn't really want to rebuild but did it anyways.
I took a calculated risk, but man, am I bad at math.
AdmiralZo
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant

I think I was rather gentle compared to what Henry did three weeks ago to my previous empire when it was 5 cycles old.
Yeah, you were much more gentle compared with Henry. At least the 'Henry threat' is over. :D
Aureo-Oreo
Miner
Miner

AdmiralZo wrote:Yeah, you were much more gentle compared with Henry. At least the 'Henry threat' is over. :D
:D
I took a calculated risk, but man, am I bad at math.
Wayward Device
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant

*Across the vastness of the Republic of Reason countless Sonic Emitters let out a solemn dirge for the fallen*

The once great Finnians, who outlived more wars than than most empires can dream of and who had a hand in the downfall of some of the greatest powers to ever bestride the Galaxy, have fallen to to the scourge of bandits, upstarts and pirates who are so symptomatic of this age. It shall be a long time before we see their like again.

Let this dark day be a lesson to all to keep your defenses strong.
catfighter
Militia Commander
Militia Commander
Location: Laughing manically amidst the wreckage of the Iocrym fleet.

Fare thee well, m'Lord Finnian. Thou shalt live forever in our memories.
Behold my avatar, one of the few ships to be drawn out pixel by pixel in the dreaded... Microsoft Paint!

Day 31: "I have successfully completed my time reversal experiment! Muahahaha!!!"
Day 30: "I might have run into a little problem here."
Finnian
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant

ty my good lords! Too much honor for me! :wink: I have founded a new empire called Galaxy Miners! For a lot of time I will be a humble miner. This time I will leave some troop in every single planet :roll:
IN GEORGE WE TRUST
Finnian
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant

XD My miners have been destroyed .. The troll again? I suspect the troll have 2 accounts, in one of them there is a galaxy completely scouted in order to understand the precise position of the second troll account when it respawns with a new empire..
IN GEORGE WE TRUST
WorldsStrongestNerd
Commonwealth Pilot
Commonwealth Pilot

That implies the second power is an established empire. Perhaps even one of the major powers. Although I'm at a loss as to why such a person would concentrate on finnian and nor ROR or Terran.
Finnian
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant

A galaxy completely scouted can be every account I think, also a stucked one
IN GEORGE WE TRUST
pirx
Miner
Miner

WorldsStrongestNerd wrote:That implies the second power is an established empire. Perhaps even one of the major powers. Although I'm at a loss as to why such a person would concentrate on finnian and nor ROR or Terran.
Oh come on, a look at your presumably complete map would have sufficed to see who conquered the southern Hexacarbide city. Of course you didn't have to look since you know the sentient who pushed the button to wipe out the Galaxy Miners.

It was so funny to see you putting on your act, introducing typos, warning me of the impending troll attacks, pretending not to know the mechanics of the game while setting up a well organized high tech industry within a few cycles, using the Medusa account to implicate Beatlejuice for the troll attacks. The best was yet, when you congratulated me via Beatlejuice (four cycles old at that time) for my empire building skills and timing of expansion. You should have kept on that bad english act in there, though. But maybe you got confused juggling accounts/personas.

As for the question why you are not trolling ROR, I guess you want to prove something to yourself in some final war, the troll attacks are just an outlet for your aggressions against those annoying medium sized empires that are quite happy with being less than half your imperial might but still big enough to do some serious damage.

Of course I might be totally mistaken, I mean am sure everybody would be totally convinced of your innocence if the trolls would actually attack you and do some serious damage with the conviction that they have shown in the past.
Song
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

MODERATOR WARNING: Keep it civil.

This thread is heading very close to becoming a complete and utter mess, so it's time for me to step in I think. It's pretty clear Anacreon needs some attention from George, and Atarlost has put up a thread in the staff boards to draw attention to this. If you *are* cheating at the game, please don't. Sockpuppetry isn't cool, and if it happens in the forums it may well lead to some unpleasant consequences. Ingame? That's a matter for George.

This is a difficult situation and it's quite clear that Anacreon needs some ingame moderation to prevent cheating. But until we can get the attention of George onto the matter to deal with this, there's not much to be done except whatever you can do ingame. And that's up to you: I don't think any of the forum staff are active players and we certainly don't have authority there. However, while you're in this forum you need to behave. Keep it civil.

This is the only warning I will give for this thread. If things deteriorate further I will lock the topic.
Mischievous local moderator. She/Her pronouns.
Wayward Device
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant

Shrike wrote:This thread is heading very close to becoming a complete and utter mess, so it's time for me to step in I think. It's pretty clear Anacreon needs some attention from George, and Atarlost has put up a thread in the staff boards to draw attention to this. If you *are* cheating at the game, please don't. Sockpuppetry isn't cool, and if it happens in the forums it may well lead to some unpleasant consequences. Ingame? That's a matter for George.
This thread was started a long, long time ago to act a the news bulletin for the now defunct Barricade Pact (an alliance of smaller players against the galactic superpowers of the day) and has since warped into a sort of general slightly in character galactic news thread for people to give reports about what is going on in the game. I'd like to mention that in character accusations between empires about proxy wars, betrayal, spies in alliances and rampant paranoia have always been a great part of Anacreon, whether with in game messages or on the forum. The old Barricades Pact thread is full of this (my favorite being when one of our smaller members kept threatening the largest power in the galaxy in public while we were secretly trying to get them to help us attack the 2nd strongest empire).

Anyway, my point is that this is not a thread for wild accusations unless you can back them up, this is for Galactic News. Facts. Oh, and of course sockpuppeting/incivility is bad.

Now, for some actual galactic news:

Republic of Reason News Communication: Cycle 4628

*Begin Galactic Transmission*

Greetings in the name of Reason! Behold a great marvel of cartography, yet another complete Galactic Map: http://imgur.com/4LAbA9M

Despite the amazing clarity and awesome scale, this cycle's Galactic News Communication is filled with sadness, megadeaths and fear. The so called Southern Conflict, which raged so long as the Young Powers tried to seize a piece of destiny in the lower half of the galaxy, has finally come to an end. Not with a new alliance to rival the Pact of old as some of the more optimistic Republic analysts predicted and not even with a new Southern Emperor crushing all before them with a hexacarbide fist. No, the worst of all possible outcomes has come to pass. Ravaged by deca-cycles of war and piracy, the South has become a wasteland with only a handful of the fortresses of civilization remaining.

Although the funeral dirge has already been sounded, it would be a discredit to the history of this galactic forum to not mention the fall of the Finnians, one of the most long lived and most loyal empires to ever bestride the galaxy. Brought low by pirates, their fall is symptomatic of our current age. Many empires have already taken advantage of the Finnian's fall, with both the Terrans and hoa0004 making quick and expansive gains in the Utter North West.

The Terrans continue to bestride the galaxy like an all conquering oroborus, now holding more worlds than the RoR at a total of 1130. While rumors of proxy fleets and other dark deeds continue to surround it, the Terran Empire remains an extremely potent pan-galactic force.

The Felor have shaken off the sluggishness of their long slumber and rebuilt in the Utter North East. Their fleet has been rebuilt to a considerable strength, although it cannot currently match the Terran or RoR fleets.

Archenar, although a late arrival to the Southern Conflict, has arguably come out of things the best with almost 300 worlds and a powerful fleet on par with that of the far older Felor. However, stories are begging to circulate circulate out of Alpha Eridani that the emperor has decided to let their realm crumble, outraged at the loss of life caused by pirates and other scum to their realm. Whether Archenar will be able to solve it's political problems and unite the South or crumble away like so many others only time will tell.

The Reformed Empire still sits mysteriously underneath the Lesser Purple Nebula, it's intentions as unknown as what it was before it was reformed. It remains a strong force in the South however, seemingly staying untouched by the conflicts that have raged around it.

Beatlejuice is the the smallest and youngest of the bastions of civilization remaining in the South, but at only 7 cycles old with 80 worlds and a robust fleet for its size it could stand a chance to tame a portion of the lawless region.

The Klingon Empire has fled the South entirely, setting up a new cluster South of the RoR's Western holdings. Though ravaged by war and forced to flee, their fleet is healthy and their new holdings seem secure for now.

Most of the other notable Southern Powers are either extinct like the memorable Henry VIII or severely depleted like the once proud lowtechs of Boycott. The galaxy has a few small empires, including an offshoot of the Finnians, but these are too small to mention in details. Whether these will remain pocket empires or rise to power only time will tell. This is yet another dark age for the galaxy.
Xephyr
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

Shrike wrote:If you *are* cheating at the game, please don't. Sockpuppetry isn't cool, and if it happens in the forums it may well lead to some unpleasant consequences. Ingame? That's a matter for George.

This is a difficult situation and it's quite clear that Anacreon needs some ingame moderation to prevent cheating.
This does bring up a pretty good issue, though - What exactly *is* cheating? The rules laid out on the site are pretty vague, and its easy to unknowingly use bugs to your advantage if you come across them.

It was made pretty clear that you shouldn't use multiple accounts, though, so this recent issue would count.
Project Renegade (Beta) : "The Poor Man's Corporate Command!"
Real programmers count from 0. And sometimes I do, too.
Atarlost
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Xephyr wrote:This does bring up a pretty good issue, though - What exactly *is* cheating? The rules laid out on the site are pretty vague, and its easy to unknowingly use bugs to your advantage if you come across them.

It was made pretty clear that you shouldn't use multiple accounts, though, so this recent issue would count.
It's beta. You're supposed to be reporting bugs, not exploiting them. If in doubt check the bug tracker and if it's not there already open a ticket. If it feels the least bit skeevy or seems too good to be true make sure it's on the bug tracker. If the balance seems off or degenerate make sure it's on the bug tracker.

We shouldn't have needed to tell anyone that using multiple accounts to get around in game limits isn't okay.
Literally is the new Figuratively
Xephyr
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

Atarlost wrote: It's beta. You're supposed to be reporting bugs, not exploiting them.
The point I'm getting at is that a new user wouldn't know about this in the first place. Maybe there should be a link to Ministry on the http://anacreon.kronosaur.com/ site, and maybe some clarification on known bugs and what not to do. People that are active in the community may be familiar with it, but people who find it independently of trans wouldn't.
Project Renegade (Beta) : "The Poor Man's Corporate Command!"
Real programmers count from 0. And sometimes I do, too.