Troll's attacks

General discussion for the game Anacreon
Song
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Ttech wrote:I would try to email George directly on this.
Very much agreed.

I've also created a ministry ticket calling for moderation, accessible here: URL to Ministry ticket

Since I don't play Anacreon, I don't know what might or might not work. So players suggesting systems in comments might be a good idea.
Mischievous local moderator. She/Her pronouns.
Wayward Device
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant

pirx wrote: I do not have the time to play this kind of game so I will let my empire fall to ruins, unless, of course, it is destroyed by another empire. I believe that to be favorable to new players by preventing large empires to rush in and take over my ex-planets en masse.

I will however take care of the inheritance problem this time. With Bismalia I was not aware of the auto-abdictation from not logging in and I (halfheartedly) apologize for any inconvenience my capital defense ships might have caused ( that must have been quite the excitement).

The whole Gorgos Warlord Panic was quiet fun at the time. In the end, being a noob, they just spread them out in packets of 50,000 or so to the nearby worlds and fell apart soon after. Still, lots of people were panicking.

About the whole not being able to stop attacks like this, I understand how annoying the whole thing can be, especially with all the admin of a large empire. But I would like to point out that Gorgos Starfrigates will prevent this sort of thing. A mere 5000 of them will stop up to 165,000 Eldritchs. They have incredibly low attrition rates so putting 5000-10000 on a world will last for a couple of weeks. Yes it takes a little while to send them to a lot of worlds but it's not that bad, considering Anacreon's terrible micro problems as a whole, and it offers a lot of long term protection.

Ok, that's enough Gorgos talk for now, I spend enough time on here trying to convince people to use them for defense that I should just abdicate the RoR and conquer the galaxy with an all in starship empire.
Finnian
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant

:| I want to underline that it is not proved that the troll is a cheater. The troll has probably 2 accounts, one where the map is completely scouted, and one in order to make trolling attacks, but this is not a certain thing.

Pushing abdication button and then respawn and then continue the attacks it-s perfectly legal in theory. It-s only a little trolling.
IN GEORGE WE TRUST
catfighter
Militia Commander
Militia Commander
Location: Laughing manically amidst the wreckage of the Iocrym fleet.

We previously suggested one player being elected to become the Grand Galactic Admin, who would have a small ingame empire and a huge peacekeeping fleet to maintain order. They would have to be considered trustworthy by all, to be granted this power, but they would have the responsibility of monitoring for multiple-account players, warning off trolls, and other such administrative functions. If some form of Arena or Galactic Games did take root, they could also arrange/oversee them.
Behold my avatar, one of the few ships to be drawn out pixel by pixel in the dreaded... Microsoft Paint!

Day 31: "I have successfully completed my time reversal experiment! Muahahaha!!!"
Day 30: "I might have run into a little problem here."
Atarlost
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Using a person within the game mechanics isn't a solution. The GM needs to not tempt the Lord British postulate. There will be more trolls. Hopefully. If Anacreon doesn't get big enough to have a troll problem George will be losing money on it. In-game sanctions won't deter them, that's just the sort of attention they crave. The game needs someone with a ban button who isn't playing the game. Just like any large, shared universe, online game.
Literally is the new Figuratively
WorldsStrongestNerd
Commonwealth Pilot
Commonwealth Pilot

That is what it will come to. It's understandable that anacreon is on the back burner. There are some problems inherent with this type of game, plus transcendence has been doing very well. But everyone here has been here for years, sometimes dropping out for months at a time then coming back. I daresay the anacreon crowd is a patient bunch.
Watch TV, Do Nothing
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

Sorry for leaving my Boycott empire unattended for so long. Based on my galactic forces spreadsheets from a while back, an Adamant force of that size is likely to have come from my empire and could have been captured when one of my planets defected as part of a sector capital conquest. I just abdicated the entire crumbling empire to prevent further mischief being done with leftover forces.