Compartments making bosses a bit too tough?

Post ideas & suggestions you have pertaining to the game here.
NMS
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

digdug wrote:this is nice, but wouldn't it be simpler to have a new WMD system that explicitly declares the percentage ?
I appreciate the advantages of that change in terms of intuitiveness and flexibility, but it would involve a number of code changes. Making improvements to the game balance doesn't have to wait for that.
JohnBWatson
Fleet Officer
Fleet Officer

digdug wrote:this is nice, but wouldn't it be simpler to have a new WMD system that explicitly declares the percentage ?
something like:

WMD:0 to WMD:100

where the value is the percentage of the damage of the weapon. (and consequently WMD7 == WMD:100)

- allows fine tuning for modders and game balance.
- it would be much easier to read weapon damages in the sources, no need to remember any table or % values.
- it's a new syntax that is similar to the implemented new syntaxes for other weapon damage modifiers like shield (before was shield4 now it's shield:4)
- maintains backward compatibility as old mods are still allowed the old syntax.
I like it. For any system of WMD, a percent designation system would be a lot more intuitive.

For my own layered armor proposal in the other thread, it could stand for the percent of damage bleedoff onto layered segments, applied recursively.