The Legacy of Raul--A Backstory from THE MOTIVATION

Have a bit of Transcendence prose or poetry to share? Post it here!
TheLoneWolf
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

Guess whats coming?
TheLoneWolf
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

PROLOGUE

RAUL was crying rivers. He was sitting in the cockpit of the battered Freyr, the first and last gift from his brother Wade. Wade had just sacrificed himself so that Raul could escape. Raul had seen the Kortious, with Wade at the helm, explode to spacedust. And the person that did this. She just flew away like nothing had happened.

Raul was wrong.

Nova could never forget those eyes. The eyes Wade had just before dying. It was a piercing look. It was peeping into her very soul. She was scared of it.

Raul just reached the stronghold before the Kolorev hit.
"Calm down ye buggers!" he managed to thunder through his sorrow.
The chaotic station calmed down at once.

"Thats the Freyr!" a new voice spoke.
Two men in grey jump suits emerged from behind the bar.
"You didn't come. So we just waited till the shower stopped" one of them began.
"We got your weapon. And some rounds too!" he beamed.
"Wait what?" Raul began "IDK what are you guys talki..." his eyes fell on the T31 docked nearby.
"You must be transporters! So its a weapon huh?" Raul asked.
"And I didn't order it." the station master added.
"Yeah. A guy named Edward was the generous one! Thats one destructive gun!" he laughed.
"Wait! Raul! Where is Wade? And where the f@$# is the Kortious?" the station master spat.
Raul was silent.
"He died. He went down with the Kortious. For the better good" Raul mourned, "She got him brothers"
The station was silent.
Raul suddenly erupted with wrath.
"AND THIS IS OUR TIME TO EXTRACT REVENGE! Get your engines going. Get that weapon on MY SHIP! And heal it!" Raul cried.
And the whole station listened.

DigaRW
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

;-( That's very sad story, I couldn't stop crying. T_T
Download Transcendence mods from Reinvented Workbench Project!
Click this link!
TheLoneWolf
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

CHAPTER 1:- RISE AND SHINE

"If rednecks can exist in outer space, why not pirates?"
-Drake the Demon

"The Kortious has been neutralized" the Station master declared "The secondary strike force is moving for contact"
"What about November?" a voice spoke from the far end of the room.
"Volkov, sir, she has been called back. She's quite the fighter" the station master answered in his normal buttery voice.
Volkov slowly walked over to the status screen, not giving a dime about the station master, or other people who had started wagging their tongues.
More than 20 years of hard service into the Kolorev Corp had earned him his rank as a Legend.
He observed the collection of footages about the Kortious playing on the screen. A massive ship. Its arsenal was a large one. A strong adversary.
Volkov had faced 3 of these brutes, and had got them all. The first one was the Faraday, a light frigate he had faced on his 3rd year of service. After a brutal fight, he had managed to contaminate the hull. A dirty tactic, but it had worked. The Kolorev had thankfully turned a blind eye to this. They didn't care. They just wanted the job done.
The next one had not been that easy. It was the Nausea, on his 4th year. Its long range attack was only the missiles, but its hull had been crammed full of Mowska turrets. It had farmed the Uraks nearby for this. His attacks got swarmed before they reached the frigate. Thankfully, he had got help. A nearby Heavy IAV had launched a 98R MAG at the frigate. It had still been accounted as his own victory.
The third had been 5 years ago. He had been battle hardened that time. He had made short work of the Malevolent.
He was now nearing his 40s. His hair were grey here and there, but he still had his early prowess. With his long face and short beard, Volkov was a solemn personality. But he was honored for his service.
"Thats a dangerous ship" he said atlast "Commend Ceaser for me" She had been my choice. I knew she could do it.
And with that, he left the hall.

Volkov had not left for the battle himself. It was below his rank. He was supposed to track the bigger threats, like Marauders and Uraks. But they had been sparce. Volkov had fixed salary, though.
He was halfway through the hangar when the Wolfen landed before him. A young girl exited the cockpit. She spotted Volkov almost immediately, and rushed to him, her hair flowing in the 75% gravity.
"I did it, sir!" she jumped with excitement, but he saw the slightest hint of sadness in her eyes.
"What troubles you?" he shot immediately. And then he had her.
"Its nothing..." she lost some of her enthusiasm.
"It is"
"No..."
"Are you sure?"
"Yeah" she said hesitantly and left him.
"You know, November" he began just as she was behind him.
She stood to a halt.
"I knew your father once. And he would have been proud of you today"
"Thank you, sir..." she muttered.
Her father had lost his life years ago fighting the Death Drug Cartel. Her mother had died strangely at childbirth. Her brother was lost.
"Come here" he turned to her.
She slowly came near him. He searched his pocket for a pouch, and handed it to Nova.
"Edith would have wanted you to have it...she made me promise before...before she had the dreams..."
"I understand, sir. I have had the same dreams. But I have resisted. They can be quite tempting..." she clutched the pouch tighter.
"Check it out"
Down went her hand in it, and up it came back, a pendant glinting between her fingers.
"Is it...?" she began to mumble doubtfully, but he cut him.
"Your mother's. Its a Gem of Sacrifice." he told her "You will discover its purpose when the time is ripe"
She managed a sad smile. That was enough for the day, Volkov thought.

Then they parted ways. Volkov had a Ronin C, his ace. It was fast, agile, versatile, and vicious. It was the personification of his fighting spirit. He had just mounted the ship when the signal came.

"Sir. We have a report for you. About the Secondary task force..." a young man spoke to him.
"What about them?"
"Lost, sir. Every single one of them."
"Damn! But that was just a station! I want their logs!"
"Not much in them, sir. The flight was lost under 10 min of contact"
MikeAngora
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant

Yeh!!!

I think I'll start writing too now. Just gotta make sure I dont die before the end of this weak from my blocked vein. If the doctor says I will die, or if I commit suicide before any that, I'm gonna have to ask you to finish the TM as my parting wish lol.
"Umm, I'm sorry I just killed your officer Akira, but he was getting on my nerves''
"Can I take his ship now?"

Calvin E. Taylor to Akira Gorbachev, the daughter of Ares Chief Admiral Vasily Gorbachev, after brutally killing one of her Tundra pilots.
TheLoneWolf
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

MikeAngora wrote:Yeh!!!

I think I'll start writing too now. Just gotta make sure I dont die before the end of this weak from my blocked vein. If the doctor says I will die, or if I commit suicide before any that, I'm gonna have to ask you to finish the TM as my parting wish lol.
Don't say so bro. I'm checking my schedule, wait... Nah. I don't have any soul by the name Mike Raul Angora to take :D (did I tell you I'm a part time Grim Reaper?)

TM finish we will, whether with us beer is or not.