Monthly Mod Jam — April 2016: POSTPONED

Freeform discussion about anything related to modding Transcendence.
AssumedPseudonym
Fleet Officer
Fleet Officer

I was hoping get it started yesterday, but I had too much RL in the way. Today was mine and my wife’s twelfth wedding anniversary, which kinda took precedence. Tomorrow, we have a convention to be at, so that would be a no-go regardless, but it’s currently a moot point. I can’t currently convince the game to launch. Even on a clean install, I get the loading screen, and then the game just… closes. No Debug.log output (besides the usual), no error messages, no nothing. Even running from the command line doesn’t tell me anything useful. Sooo… until I can figure out where the issue is — and I’m pretty sure it was probably a recent update on my computer somewhere grumble mutter WINE complain gripe — it’s going to be kind of hard to really do much along the lines of monitoring a modding event. Hopefully I’ll get it sorted out early next week once I get home from the convention.

Mod prefixes: 0xA010 (registered) and 0xDCC8 (miscellaneous)

My mods on Xelerus: Click here!

Of all the things I’ve lost in life, I miss my mind the least. (I’m having a lot more fun without it!)
JohnBWatson
Fleet Officer
Fleet Officer

Real life certainly takes priority. I hope everything mentioned goes well for you.
TheLoneWolf
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

Hey AP! JBW is right (as in always)! We can wait!
T_T
AssumedPseudonym
Fleet Officer
Fleet Officer

I’m still not sure what happened, but I have the game up and running again. Have for a couple of days, actually, and kinda lost track of the MMJ in the shuffle. So what I’ve decided to do is to call off the April edition and start things back up on the first of May. Ideally, my schedule from here on out should be starting on the first of the month and running until the twenty-first — three weeks.

Of all the things I’ve lost in life, I miss my mind the least. (I’m having a lot more fun without it!)
TheLoneWolf
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

How about starting today, to receive 4 bonus days for MMJ xD
TheLoneWolf
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

MMJ MAY?
gunship256
Militia Commander
Militia Commander

AssumedPseudonym said on IRC last night that he was going to work on the topic for this month's mod jam.
TheLoneWolf
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

gunship256 wrote:AssumedPseudonym said on IRC last night that he was going to work on the topic for this month's mod jam.
Thanks for the heads up! Btw when do YOU come on IRC? I scarcely see you there!
AssumedPseudonym
Fleet Officer
Fleet Officer

I’ll get May’s started up in a few hours, once RL quiets down a bit. I’m sorry, everyone, I just straight up dropped the ball on this one. The start of the month had a lot going on, and then I just completely forgot all about it. -.-

gunship256
Militia Commander
Militia Commander

I’ll get May’s started up in a few hours, once RL quiets down a bit. I’m sorry, everyone, I just straight up dropped the ball on this one. The start of the month had a lot going on, and then I just completely forgot all about it. -.-
Well, one of your mods WAS featured on the stream on Thursday, so it's understandable that other things got put on hold.
TheLoneWolf wrote:Thanks for the heads up! Btw when do YOU come on IRC? I scarcely see you there!
I'm usually on IRC over the weekends, which is when I spend most of my time coding. I'm going to work on a utility mod and on the PDmod update this weekend, so I'll probably be on IRC for a few hours a day.