QUIZ! What Starter Ship Is For You?!

General discussion about anything related to Transcendence.
TheLoneWolf
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

gunship256 wrote:
TheLoneWolf wrote:Scores:

Wolfen @ 9
Sapphire @ 9
EI500 @ 0

Looks like the EI500 is having the worst of it. I think I'm partially to blame, as I didn't do much justice to the qualities of the EI500. So if anyone's up, post some of those.

C'mon Shrike and JBW! Save your precious goliath!
The EI500 has a lot of device slots, but the game doesn't provide many devices to fill them. Atarlost's suggestion at this thread may apply:
The answer is increasing the variety of good high and especially low level non-weapon devices. And probably not making the player identify them, or at least not the low level ones.
I made a mod to address some of the concerns brought up in that discussion. It contains a variety of new weapon and launcher enhancer devices:

https://forums.kronosaur.com/viewtopic.php?f=25&t=7518
Care if I study your mod?
digdug
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

It came out Sapphire for me.

mmh, but I'm totally a EI500 player, that's all I play, actually. I play a slow heavy armored tank full of missiles and with lots of cargo.
TheLoneWolf
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

digdug wrote:It came out Sapphire for me.

mmh, but I'm totally a EI500 player, that's all I play, actually. I play a slow heavy armored tank full of missiles and with lots of cargo.
Looks like I can't seem to do justice to the EI500. I'll work at that.

I'm thinking of adding questions that overlook the sorta direct attacks I have been aiming at the one weapon slot of the EI.

Maybe we should add a 30'-45' Swivel mount for every Earth Industries weapon AND 25% boost to EI shields. Its underated tbh.
PM
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

EI500 is a very good ship. With a good drive upgrade, its only weakness is the two weapon slot limit. You can never have enough cargo space.

There are lots of non-weapon devices to use by mid to late game beyond reactor and shield: Drive upgrade for non-Wolfen for .25c or more, cargo hold expansion for non-EI500 (or even EI500 for special properties), jumpdrive (access to Elysium is a game changer), patcher arm (unbreakable armor repair), quantum CPU (scramble cubes, bonus points at one Heretic mission), and weapon enhancers. Also, if I have plenty of non-weapon devices, install multiple jumpdrives to jump more often. (Last time I played EI500, I had two jumpdrives installed.)
Download and Play in 1.9 beta 1...
Drake Technologies (Alpha): More hardware for combat in parts 1 and 2!
Star Castle Arcade: Play a classic arcade game adventure, with or without more features (like powerups)!
Playership Drones: Buy or restore exotic ships to command!

Other playable mods from 1.8 and 1.7, waiting to be updated...
Godmode v3 (WIP): Dev/cheat tool compatible with D&O parts 1 or 2.
TheLoneWolf
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

And I have never seen a single jumpdrive in the vanilla :D
gunship256
Militia Commander
Militia Commander

TheLoneWolf wrote:
gunship256 wrote:I made a mod to address some of the concerns brought up in that discussion. It contains a variety of new weapon and launcher enhancer devices:

https://forums.kronosaur.com/viewtopic.php?f=25&t=7518
Care if I study your mod?
Sure - borrow whatever ideas you need to write your own mods.
And I have never seen a single jumpdrive in the vanilla :D
It shows up as an unknown alien device. If you install it and then se it, the jumpdrive will then identify itself.

If I loot alien devices, shields, or weapons, I try to save them to sell to the Teratons (after identifying the devices first to make sure they sell for the maximum amount). They sell for a LOT of rins.
TheLoneWolf
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

Thanks mate!

I thought selling to Ringers made me profit. You made me think otherwise.