no quest marker, how to find objective (alien sphere)

General discussion about anything related to Transcendence.
flamewolf393
Anarchist
Anarchist

So started the quest from the person in the exploration school in st kat's arcology, but theres no quest marker! Ive done a full loop of the whole system out to the edge of the map grid and cant find anything that isnt just a station or enemy base already revealed by a map rom. When I go back to her, it just says shes sure thats where it is.

How do I find whatever this thing is?
AdmiralZo
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant

Hmmm....what version are you playing? The mission works fine in 1.7 Alpha 2. Are you currently playing with any mods?

Also, did you start any other missions during this one? That can sometimes interfere with the object marker.
DigaRW
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

flamewolf393 wrote:So started the quest from the person in the exploration school in st kat's arcology, but theres no quest marker! Ive done a full loop of the whole system out to the edge of the map grid and cant find anything that isnt just a station or enemy base already revealed by a map rom. When I go back to her, it just says shes sure thats where it is.

How do I find whatever this thing is?
It actually a sung transport wreck, so that's why it cannot revealed. But it's strange, when the mission start, it should be marked in around outer orbit.
Download Transcendence mods from Reinvented Workbench Project!
Click this link!
NMS
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

I've had this happen too. Looking at the code, I don't see how it's possible, unless you accept another mission afterwards, such as a militia mission. However, I thought I remembered declining Dall's mission but having him act like I accepted it.

The wreck is between 800 and 1200 ls from the sun. Drop a crate on the sun and target it to see when you're at the right distance and search for it. If you're unlucky it might take 2 orbits (at 900 and 1100) or a zigzag pattern.
relanat
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

Try gating out of the system and then gating back in. This sometimes brings the direction marker back up when you re-enter the system. Otherwise use NMS's method. The wreck is always outside the continuous outer asteroid belt.
Stupid code. Do what I want, not what I typed in!