Mining Pack released! (collab with TransGeek)

Post about your finished mods here.
WillyTheSquid
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant

(Crossposted from Xelerus.de MP1.04 page)

Hi all, I'm back from the black hole of suck that was the past year+. Talked to TG on Facebook briefly and I don't think he's up for MP stuff at this time.

Myself, I just installed 1.3 and my personal MP1.5 custom (not entirely bug-free in some areas) -- I'm going to see what parts of my MP1.5 get borked in Trans 1.3 and remove problematic and/or incomplete features accordingly to create a tight, functional mod.

And fix the damn basic oversight stuff like missing images. I feel kind of bad about not following up with fixes/updates/support for this MP version over the past year. I'd never expected 2000+ people to play it. For what it's worth, I regret not managing to roll out an updated, usable MP1.5 package for y'all back when it was needed.

So: I'm going to playtest for the latest Trans 1.3 beta, read up on any bug reports on Xelerus and in the forum thread... no ETA or anything, that I can promise at this time, but seeing as how I can't stand playing Trans without a fun & fully functioning mining experience... it will be worked on regularly between playthroughs.

“Normal people believe that if it ain't broke, don't fix it. (Modders) believe that if it ain't broke, it doesn't have enough features yet.” -Scott Adams

Resident mod-cobbler-together, freakspawn-fixer-upper & musical eclectro-ecumenologist.
If you love something, tweak it and twist it. Keep bending it until it breaks. Rip it apart, remix it, rebuild it. Kill your darlings and stitch them together again.

JOIN US ON IRC. IT KICKS ASS. JOIN THE HIVE MIND.
Place cursor on link. Click link. Never look back.
EditorRUS
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant

1.4 MP works stable in 1.3 Beta, i checked that. But, well... while you was out, i made some fixes and i forgot where and what.
murlocdummy
Anarchist
Anarchist

1.4?

I haven't seen any changes since 1.04. If you're working on the Mining Pack, it'd be nice if you posted the actual file somewhere. Seeing forum posts about a mod update that doesn't exist anywhere is kind of distressing.
WillyTheSquid
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant

So, because TG and I are working on MP2 when we have the time, I'll post his fix in this thread so y'all can patch it yourselves for Transcendence v1.5. This should completely fix the ore not spawning with MP installed. Fix will be uploaded soonish but for those of you adventurous enough here's TG's quick fix:

"To fix ore spawn, create a new xml take the the file UniverseCompatibility.xml from the new source. Use the tables there in the new xml to overwrite the old. Then add the new ores we added in MP to the tables. Boom fixed.

Ore tables are now in the UniverseCompatibility.xml so those simply need to be changed. just some copy paste here and there. Then the new ores should spawn as normal."

“Normal people believe that if it ain't broke, don't fix it. (Modders) believe that if it ain't broke, it doesn't have enough features yet.” -Scott Adams

Resident mod-cobbler-together, freakspawn-fixer-upper & musical eclectro-ecumenologist.
If you love something, tweak it and twist it. Keep bending it until it breaks. Rip it apart, remix it, rebuild it. Kill your darlings and stitch them together again.

JOIN US ON IRC. IT KICKS ASS. JOIN THE HIVE MIND.
Place cursor on link. Click link. Never look back.
Amariithynar
Militia Commander
Militia Commander

It warms my heart that you're still truckin' on with this.
EditorRUS
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant

I hope it's not dead.
FourFire
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

Seeing as the last post by the OP is over a year ago, I'd say MP2.0 is pretty dead...

Though I might be able to rouse him if I ask about it on IRC...
(func(Admin Response)= true){
if(admin func(amiable) = true)
Create func(Helpful Posts)
else func(Keep Calm and Post derisive topics)}
pip
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant

Since 1.7 there seems to be no ore bearing asteroids anywhere. Zero.
Or at least the scanner doesn't pick them up anymore.
I wonder if something got changed in vanilla?

Shame this mod is probably dead. :(
PM
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

The last change to mining in 1.5 messed with ore availability. Ore is rare in early systems and very common at the end. Of course, with damage threshold also introduced, it is very hard to mine in late game systems.
Download and Play in 1.9 beta 1...
Drake Technologies (Alpha): More hardware for combat in parts 1 and 2!
Star Castle Arcade: Play a classic arcade game adventure, with or without more features (like powerups)!
Playership Drones: Buy or restore exotic ships to command!

Other playable mods from 1.8 and 1.7, waiting to be updated...
Godmode v3 (WIP): Dev/cheat tool compatible with D&O parts 1 or 2.
pip
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant

Strange. I never had any problem finding ore in Eridani in 1.5 or 1.6.
But in 1.7 even with the 'sane tables' mod there is just nothing to mine in the early systems.
It was really fun scratching around the first couple of systems for enough of the right kind of ore to make your own armour and fuel.

Is there a reason the base game wants to make mining hard-to-impossible?
EditorRUS
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant

There is an annoying problem in 1.7a which makes RMP and (probably) scanner unavailable when disabled. It is supposed to return to its original state after you reenable either of those, but it doesn't.

Here's a little fix: https://www.dropbox.com/s/qf1x3vhajmxuq ... s.zip?dl=0
<OnEnabled> --> <OnEnable>
tekno775
Anarchist
Anarchist

Can some please post a link for the Mining Pack test versions. The link you gave is not working. Says too much traffic and account has been disabled.
SansearTX
Anarchist
Anarchist

With last game version and Corporate Command instaling the Mining Pack make impossible to refuel my ship at any station/dock/fuel shop, only get a message about no avaliable fuel for my ship, but can buy He3 bars and then refuel directly.
BienM
Miner
Miner

tekno775 wrote:Can some please post a link for the Mining Pack test versions. The link you gave is not working. Says too much traffic and account has been disabled.
I've got the edited files if you still need them.
PM
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

A working link to the test files may be a good idea.
Download and Play in 1.9 beta 1...
Drake Technologies (Alpha): More hardware for combat in parts 1 and 2!
Star Castle Arcade: Play a classic arcade game adventure, with or without more features (like powerups)!
Playership Drones: Buy or restore exotic ships to command!

Other playable mods from 1.8 and 1.7, waiting to be updated...
Godmode v3 (WIP): Dev/cheat tool compatible with D&O parts 1 or 2.