Anacreon Beta II Discussion Thread

General discussion for the game Anacreon
catfighter
Militia Commander
Militia Commander
Location: Laughing manically amidst the wreckage of the Iocrym fleet.

The other great Empires were leaving. The galaxy was growing cold. Dieing. The time had come. The Felor peoples had spread so far across the stars, building a great Civilization to withstand the test of time, but the fiery spark of determination that had fueled their expansion for so long was flickering and growing dim. There was no one left to fight, no one left to befriend, nowhere left to go. What was the purpose of growing if it achieved nothing? The Felor High Council decided it would be best to allow their race the ultimate freedom. They ceased expansion, lifted taxes and rules and regulations, retreated into their inner sanctum on the First World, old High Drraumirra. Hundreds of Felor worlds became blind as the Galactic News Bulletin ceased to broadcast. Without the guiding hand of the High Council, the Felor peoples felt lost. Several worlds attempted to form small alliances and coalitions, to restore some modicum of order to their societies, but in time all fell and chaos reigned. The ancient glory of the Felor Empire faded into dust and memory. The mighty furnaces which had once constructed millions upon millions of warships slowly cooled and ground to a halt. The great starships of old rusted and fell into disrepair, dead hulks drifting forever amongst the endless expanse of the stellar sea...

But all was not lost.

~

The other great Empires had left. Their jumpships screamed through the great Void between galaxies, faster than any mortal mind could comprehend. The old galaxy had burned out, stripped of its former splendor by the very races who so quickly abandoned it to die. It did as it had done for countless eons, spinning away into the inky blackness of the Void, growing colder and dimmer every cycle. But amidst the ashes, life yet stirred. If life it could be called. For the Felor High Council had constructed a great machine on the First World, in the hopes that their race might one day rise again to the stars. A Neverborn, it was called, for it had been thrust suddenly into conciousness, with no gentle childhood to soften its growth into sentience; it had never truly been born. The one purpose for which it existed was to preserve, to remember, and eventually, to rebirth. After countless cycles of slumber, the Neverborn awoke. And with it awoke the old factories, harvesting the last scraps of resources left in the barren worlds, fashioning them into the Neverborn's first and final creation: a titanic starship the likes of which the galaxy had never seen - a Worldship. As the majestic starship took shape, the Neverborn reached out along the old subspace channels, testing, listening, searching. In time, it found pockets of descendents of the old Felor peoples, some of which had remained advanceed enough to respond to the Neverborn's silent queries. To those who could listen, it told its message: "Come."

"Come once more to old High Drraumirra. Come, to see what once was, and Remember. Come, to see what remains, and truly See. Come, to see what could be, and Awaken." And those who could, did. It told them of the great journey the other Empires had undertaken, showed them, as well as it could, where and how the others had gone. For it was no mere mortal. It could fathom the means by which the others had departed and it watched them still, waiting to see where they eventually took root. It told the last of the Felor of its mighty Worldship: the way to follow the others, the way to rejoin the galactic Empires, the way to regain the glory of the fallen Felor Empire. And so, with the blessing of the one who had been elected Leader, a desicion was reached.

The last resources were extracted. The great energies required for the journey were siphoned off the dying stars of the old galaxy. And the descendents of the great Felor peoples succumbed to the coldsleep as the Neverborn and its great Worldship tore across the Void in the wake of the others.

~

A golden eye opened slowly, its slitted pupil contracting as it grew accustomed to the light. "Good morning, my friend," hummed the voice of the ageless entity who had watched over the Felor people for so long.

The great Worldship had arrived.

~

Soon, the Felor descendents had colonized a world in the strange new galaxy. When their industry had grown sufficiently, they sent scouts out to see what manner of friend and foe were to be found amongst the new stars and began to construct the means by which the might regain the former glory of the Felor. But, they decided, they should no longer be called by the name of their forbearers. Too much time had passed, though they would never forget what once had been, and they felt themselves too far removed. They would henceforth call themselves... Rathari.

The Great Journey, as it came to be called, brought wondrous new energy to the Rathari, a burning desire to see more, to be more. But the Journey had been too taxing on the Neverborn who had guided the Rathari to safety. It was dieing, and it knew it. The Rathari were saddened, but they had not the power to revive it. Yet, as its conciousness faded from existance, the Neverborn whispered a Secret in the ear of the once who had been elected Leader. The Rathari Leader's golden eyes widened in shock, but they dipped their head in acceptance.

~

None knew what transpired in the chamber to which the Leader had been taken, only that the Leader seemed different in some incomprehensible way when they reemerged. But what the Rathari did know was that their Leader's eyes burned with the light of mind far greater than their own. What they did know was that their Leader now possessed a body that would never age, would never die. What they did know was that they could trust this Leader to carry them forward for as long as their new Empire stood.

Through the Neverborn's augmentation, the Leader had become the Rathari incarnate. And so, the Empire was reborn.
Behold my avatar, one of the few ships to be drawn out pixel by pixel in the dreaded... Microsoft Paint!

Day 31: "I have successfully completed my time reversal experiment! Muahahaha!!!"
Day 30: "I might have run into a little problem here."
AdmiralZo
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant

Wow, I love your story catfighter. Keep up your good work! :D

So now that the Rathari Empire is reborn, where do they reside?
Finnian
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant

Welcome back :D
IN GEORGE WE TRUST
catfighter
Militia Commander
Militia Commander

The Rathari First World lies just north of the galactic core, but the area is terrible resource-wise so I'm going to take any pocket I can with a decent supply of chronimium. It seems I've got quite a bit of catching up to do!
Behold my avatar, one of the few ships to be drawn out pixel by pixel in the dreaded... Microsoft Paint!

Day 31: "I have successfully completed my time reversal experiment! Muahahaha!!!"
Finnian
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant

:? in what galaxy?
IN GEORGE WE TRUST
catfighter
Militia Commander
Militia Commander

Beta II. I sent scouts to your capital to say hello :D

Note to self (and the galaxy at large): [high tech] trade hub starclusters don't work so well unless you control most (or all) of the systems in range of the hub. Stick to mesh nets unless you're in the middle of nowhere and your nearest neighbor is safely outside of your control radius. Otherwise, either your industry will be crap or your cluster will tear itself apart looking for chronimium that just isn't there. :? Frustration...

--Imperator--
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant

Chaos reigns in the galaxy!

The Imperium breaks the terms of the ceasefire and launched a surprise attack on HOA004 and Dath. Yes, it was all just a ruse to buy more time for me to prepare. Even the initial attack on Dath was in pretense of defending an ally, when really I was eliminating his ability to counterattack when I went after my real target. Dath's unexpected attack on Hand was the catalyst I needed to move my master plan forward.

Regardless of our treacherous ways, it worked. HOA004's jumpfleets are decimated with the ragged remains holed up at their capital, their entire transport fleet is captured and their ground legions reduced to a fraction of their former strength. A pyrrhic victory however, as Imperium casualties were significant: we sustained a loss of some 2.5 million jumpships in the decisive battle over Archive Solar which destroyed HOA004's jumpfleet and won us the war. The valiant captains of these lost vessels will be honored forever in the palace of Holy Terra.

Nevertheless, our jumpfleet remains the most powerful in the entire galaxy at some 4 million strong. The following cycle, we sent out crusade fleets against Dath. The same Dath which had already been battered by our former assault, and teeters at the verge of collapse with the added threat of a Hand counterattack. Fortunately for them, the Imperium shall withdraw after a particularly vicious assault resulted in the occurrence of the rare galactic phenomena known as the "no-capital bug". We do not wish to render half the galaxy inhabitable, as was the case with Ontarion, so we will cease all hostilities for now. The Imperium values the preservation of the galaxy for future empires over some petty conflict.
catfighter
Militia Commander
Militia Commander

Oh, is that what all those halfway-nonexistant worlds are? Do you guys know what happened to cause that result instead of the empire just continuing without a capital or the previous kind of no-capital bug?

--Imperator--
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant

Yeah, those belonged to an older empire called Ontarion which was defeated by buggzzzz. Apparently they got hit by the no-capital bug, but that was before I joined the game so I'm not too clear on what happened.

Dath's situation is similar now, except he can still control his worlds. If his former capital happens to go independent or is conquered I think his empire will be destroyed and there will be a whole new bunch of uninhabitable worlds, and we certainly don't want that happening.

I will preserve his capital and allow him to retake it if that will reverse the bug (I hope).
AdmiralZo
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant

Why would that happen??

Dath does have a capital. :o
--Imperator--
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant

Where? Dath's planets don't have the red radius surrounding them, and I don't see a main capital anywhere on the map, just a bunch of scattered sector capitals. I conquered their capital 3 times and on the last time another SC didn't get re-designated to Imperial Capital. The last capital they had is "Nobody touch this or I kill them" in the middle of the map.
--Imperator--
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant

Apologies if this sounds confusing. This is what I'm seeing. Dath's worlds don't have the 50ly radius around them. The sector capital currently under my control was the last capital he had.

Hopefully this issue resolves itself. I've stopped waging war against Dath to prevent exacerbating the situation, but you're still fair game AdmiralZo! :mrgreen:
--Imperator--
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant

Apologies again, but one of you guys sent me a message in-game and I clicked it off too quickly. I don't know who it was, as I've been conversing with several players. So would you please kindly resend it? Thanks!
AdmiralZo
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant

Dath does have a capital. It's just that you haven't found it yet. :evil:
--Imperator--
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant

On Cycle 4200, the Western Enclave-Imperium war ends in uncontested Imperium victory. Today, our ambassadors accepted surrender terms which include substantial territorial gains as restitution for damages. Regardless, we salute our opponents AdmiralZo of HOA004 and The Bug King of Dath, for their bravery in continuing the fight against impossible odds. Your courage and tactical skill in glorious combat has brought you much admiration among our military leaders, despite our differences. With this war at an end, the Imperium shall rest. In truth, we grow weary of conquest and will simply consolidate our new worlds slowly in the coming cycles. The rest of the galaxy has nothing more to fear from us.

Audentis fortuna iuvat,
Lord Imperator