Benedict mission question (Spoilers)

General discussion about anything related to Transcendence.
Watch TV, Do Nothing
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

When doing the Benedict mission where you control a Penitent gunship, I saw that it was possible to use dock services and stargates with the gunship. Is there any obstacle to completing the game in this formidable vessel rather than in your starting vessel, other than the reduced facings count?

Also, does anyone know if the equipment on this ship gets added to your "installed equipment" count in your high score? I like to play with an informal conduct where I never replace my starting reactor (used to be never installing a reactor, but this is no longer possible). Since the Penitent gunship has a Nova-50, if this got added to your installed equipment list it would break the conduct.
TheLoneWolf
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

Yup. CSCs and other military factions (Ares included) want to kill you, fuel and loot have their own set of problems, and most of all THE WEAPONARY S@CKS!
JohnBWatson
Fleet Officer
Fleet Officer

If you'd like, you can kill your original ship. That'll stick you in the Penitent ship for the rest of the game, and (I believe) let you keep your original faction relationships.
Xephyr
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

John's right - Killing your old ship while it's docked, then completing the mission will reset your sovereign alignments and you can play the game normally with the Atonement.

There's a few issues, though.

The ship doesn't define maxDevices, or maxArmor. This means if you remove a device, you can't put it back on. Device upgrades are iffy - You can upgrade a launcher through dockscreens, but not a primary weapon (which is strange but should never be encountered). Also means you're stuck with heavy plasteel armor for the rest of the game, because having nothing defined in maxArmor defaults to 0.0 tons.

That said, having a MAG launcher means you can use Hi-Flux MAGs, so it is possible to beat the game.

EDIT: Actually you can install as many devices you want and have no mass limit on armor. I think that counts as a bug.
Project Renegade (Beta) : "The Poor Man's Corporate Command!"
Real programmers count from 0. And sometimes I do, too.