PM's mods

Post about your finished mods here.
PM
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Updated Star Castle Arcade for 1.7 beta 6. This fixes a possible crash bug at the intro screen and one other minor display bug.
Download and Play in 1.9 beta 1...
Drake Technologies (Alpha): More hardware for combat in parts 1 and 2!
Star Castle Arcade: Play a classic arcade game adventure, with or without more features (like powerups)!
Playership Drones: Buy or restore exotic ships to command!

Other playable mods from 1.8 and 1.7, waiting to be updated...
Godmode v3 (WIP): Dev/cheat tool compatible with D&O parts 1 or 2.
Latheos
Miner
Miner

I've been unable to get the Trading List to fire then at trading posts. When I do a search, it shows the default listing, rather than a list as indicated by the screenshots. Is there something I should be doing to make it give me a list, like sending a blank query?

Alternately, I really ought to spend some time testing the mods I run individually to figure out some odd behavior I've been running into, like the manufacturing stations crashing the game when clicking "buy" after I've already bought everything, or (in a recent game) I visited a station called Fort Astoria in the Ungoverned Territories, and when docking at the station, the greeting was a code hash (apparently some ID was missing). I'm just having fun getting used to the game, and haven't wanted to do my due diligence in testing the errors. I used to be a QA Test Engineer, but my excuse is that I've retired. ;-)
PM
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

The mod works for me.

My trading post mod overrides the Corporate Trading Post. Perhaps there is a conflict with another mod that tries to overwrite it too?

I have two versions of the mod available, one for 1.6 and another for one of the earlier 1.7 releases. I need to update the 1.7 version since the original trading post got some minor stat changes.

In the trading post mod, inputting nothing (i.e, simply pressing Enter for blank query) lists all eligible items.
Star Castle Arcade: Play a classic arcade game adventure, with or without more features (like powerups)!

Latheos
Miner
Miner

Got an odd one for you, PM. The Blu-Ray laser (from the Drake Tech pack) doesn't make any sounds when Shrike 'N' AssumedPseudonym's Superior Sounds (Alpha) is enabled. Any ideas?
AssumedPseudonym
Fleet Officer
Fleet Officer

That’s an interaction between SNAPSS and Drake weapons. PM has a few that don’t properly sound off, including DDTs and zapsats (among probably others). Anything that creates its fire in an <OnFireWeapon> event is going to be silent with SNAPSS unless either the shot being created is from a weapon with a custom sound defined or a specific non-vanilla-weapon sound is played via script. The reason for that is that SNAPSS overwrites the vanilla weapon sounds with silent WAV files and plays sounds from the source object whenever any weapon is fired (outside of fancy scripting shenanigans) based on damage type and average damage.

Mod prefixes: 0xA010 (registered) and 0xDCC8 (miscellaneous)

My mods on Xelerus: Click here!

Of all the things I’ve lost in life, I miss my mind the least. (I’m having a lot more fun without it!)
PM
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Yes, some of my stuff abuse event shenanigans and is script-heavy. Still, there is probably a way to fix missing sounds.

Note on Blu-Ray laser, it has not survived the transition to hitscan beams and will be replaced on the next update.

Latheos
Miner
Miner

PM wrote:
Wed Feb 22, 2017 3:12 am

My trading post mod overrides the Corporate Trading Post. Perhaps there is a conflict with another mod that tries to overwrite it too?
I went digging through the extensions I'm using, and believe I've found the culprit: Shrike's Mines and Missiles also modifies the corporate trading post. I'll post over in their thread as well, in the hopes that future releases will play nicely together. :)
PM
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Reuploaded Drake Technologies Alpha for 1.7 beta. This is a minor update that rebalances the plasma gun, hopefully better for George's Twitch playthrough. It is a small taste of the massive changes I am working on for the eventual upload of Drake Technologies Alpha for 1.7. Once it is ready, both 1.6 and 1.7 beta versions of Drake Technologies will be removed.

PM
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

I am doing some final playtesting for the 1.7 update of Drake Technologies Alpha, and it will probably be uploaded tomorrow. It will feature extensions for both parts 1 and 2 (though there is not very much for part 2), and it will feature new sounds for weapons. There will be plenty of new and changed items. The part 2 extension will feature a modified Scorpion playership with Drake items, including the plasma gun that served George well in his Twitch playthrough of his part 1 mod game.

The most important thing of note is I will delete the previous versions of Drake Technologies Alpha (for 1.6 and 1.7 alpha/beta) after I upload Drake Technologies for 1.7. Today is your last chance to get them from Xelerus if you want them.

PM
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Drake Technologies Alpha has been updated for 1.7 and uploaded to Xelerus.

Noteworthy features:
* Extensions for parts 1 and 2.
* Custom sounds for most weapons.
* Hitscan beams for nearly all energy weapons.
* Many more ZapSats available. Some, like the Ring of Conflict, are obvious ports from Nethack.

Hint: Not all items are obtainable legitimately in the game. Examples include level 16+ weapons in part 2 and other more mundane items that were set to notrandom to avoid cluttering loot with redundant junk. You will need to cheat to get them.

PM
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Updated the following mods to 1.7: All Items Known, Bag of Holding, Godmode, Items Graveyard Pack 912 v8, List Ammo Compatibility, Mined Asteroids Explode, Permadeath, Start with Free Targeting Program, Tachyon Beamer Demo, Trading Post Menu, Triggerhappy, and Waypoints.

Most of the updates are merely an apiVersion update and added compatibility for Vault of the Galaxy in case of utility mods.

Mods with notable changes include the following:
Items Graveyard Pack 912 v8: Removed Berserker device, because it was exported to Drake Technologies.
Trading Post Menu: This no longer overwrites the Corporate Trading Post, and there should be no more mod conflicts!
Tachyon Beamer Demo: Tachyon Beamer was changed significantly in the latest Drake Technologies, and this is merely keeping up. Also, the Lightsaber from Drake Technologies was added. Now there are two fancy weapons to play with.

Also, Resource Library 912 has been removed from Xelerus, and the mods that formerly depended on it (Bag of Holding, Trading Post Menu, and Waypoints) are self-contained and have the resources they need.

PM
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Just a quick note that I will try to update and upload a mod or two by this weekend while Xelerus is still up. In particular, Star Castle Arcade has a problem that needs to be fixed.

PM
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Reuploaded Star Castle Arcade to Xelerus. Should work in 1.7 and 1.8 alphas. Fixes a bug that allowed the Star Castle to move. Star Castle playerships are now available for Vault of the Galaxy. Because of that, all of the added items now scale by system level.

I may try to squeeze an update to Drake Technologies Alpha before the end of the month, but things do not look good for that, and I have no idea what I will do once Xelerus dies.

PM
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Reuploaded Drake Technologies Alpha to Xelerus. Features some significant changes to various items. Few launchers became ammoless, and the two older shield series were replaced by new shields. The update is meant mainly for 1.8 alphas, but it still uses API35 to make it playable in 1.7.

The changes are incomplete, but what was finished so far was rushed for upload before the end of the month.

Since this was a rush job, it is a good idea to keep the previous version of Drake Technologies in case the current version does not work flawlessly.

This will probably be my final upload to Xelerus this month.

PM
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

I will try to update some of my mods to 1.8a3, but do not know when they will be ready.

I was in the middle of updating Playership Drones, but with 1.8a3 out, I will likely update PSD for 1.8a3 instead of maintaining 1.7 compatibility. There are so many things that can go wrong trying to install PSD, and having more ships available out of the 1.8a3 box will help things. Also, probably should update ship stats to conform to the latest API.

Drake Technologies definitely needs an update since the part 2 extension is broken, due to various items not existing anymore. I will need to reevaluate components for various items. Also, I get a chance to redesign some of the part 1 content. I will probably leave 1.7 support behind and release a separate 1.8a3 compatible version.

I need to play around with the new custom picker features and update mods like Godmode so that some dockscreens display correctly. 1.8a3 kind of glitched-up some of the custom picker stuff I use, but if the new features work as advertised, that means I can remove of bunch of images I no longer need to include.