Transcendence 1.7 Released!

New releases and announcements from George and the staff.
george moromisato
Developer
Developer

I'm delighted to announce that the stable version of 1.7 has been released!

http://multiverse.kronosaur.com/news.hexm?id=1784

Thanks to everyone for their hard work on this release. From the weapon balance work, to all updated mods, to all the excellent feedback, you all contributed immensely to this release. I hope you all feel a sense of pride in having it finally be out there!

Now it's on to 1.8!
Xephyr
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

It's been a long time coming. Thanks for all your hard work, George.
Project Renegade (Beta) : "The Poor Man's Corporate Command!"
Real programmers count from 0. And sometimes I do, too.
Song
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Excellent. Now you just need to update/merge the steam release streams, do a nice announcement, and describe how to use the workshop upload system in simple terms a complete newbie could understand.

;)

That aside, this is definitely one of the bigger releases, and it's worked out nicely. Going forward it might be good to try for smaller, more frequent ones...but the results of this set of big changes do speak for themselves.
Mischievous local moderator. She/Her pronouns.
Ttech
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Wasn't RC1 just released? Either way this is good news!
relanat
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

I've been using 1.6.4 for mod testing recently and totally agree that the game is much better now. Missions, graphics, UI and more are all significantly improved. Well done.
Stupid code. Do what I want, not what I typed in!
NMS
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

Really, full release with the hit effects still bugged?
shanejfilomena
Fleet Officer
Fleet Officer

There is no Delete .. I posted in the wrong topic, I was playing that RC 1 thing

I did notice - twice, two different games, the game lost control & sound
clicking the mouse on the game did not resolve the issue but ( save & close ) then restarting the .exe did seem to 'fix' the "whatever that was" .
Flying Irresponsibly In Eridani......

I don't like to kill pirates in cold blood ..I do it.. but I don't like it..
Oddball
Commonwealth Pilot
Commonwealth Pilot

The game was downloaded this morning when I logged in. It does not like my laptop video card and win 10. stations occasionally disappear, not often. When shifting from play to map my ship turns 90 degrees, and an arrow pops up showing the new heading. The same happens when changing weapons from primary to secondary E1500. Very very bad when fighting. Very bad when flying in map mode. Did not have any problems with video from 1.0 to 1.6.4 versions. I am only guessing but the changes in video mode while docked at station, and when changing weapons, and when going to map mode are handled differently than the game play mode. Currently the game is unplayable for me hope you get it resolved soon.
george moromisato
Developer
Developer

Oddball wrote:
Wed Mar 01, 2017 12:36 pm
The game was downloaded this morning when I logged in. It does not like my laptop video card and win 10. stations occasionally disappear, not often. When shifting from play to map my ship turns 90 degrees, and an arrow pops up showing the new heading. The same happens when changing weapons from primary to secondary E1500. Very very bad when fighting. Very bad when flying in map mode. Did not have any problems with video from 1.0 to 1.6.4 versions. I am only guessing but the changes in video mode while docked at station, and when changing weapons, and when going to map mode are handled differently than the game play mode. Currently the game is unplayable for me hope you get it resolved soon.
I think you're running into a problem with the new mouse controls. The mouse controls (the arrow showing the new heading) show up when you touch the mouse. On a laptop, it's easy to accidentally touch the mouse and enter mouse-move mode.

I need to add some way of permanently disabling this.
george moromisato
Developer
Developer

shanejfilomena wrote:
Wed Mar 01, 2017 9:13 am
There is no Delete .. I posted in the wrong topic, I was playing that RC 1 thing

I did notice - twice, two different games, the game lost control & sound
clicking the mouse on the game did not resolve the issue but ( save & close ) then restarting the .exe did seem to 'fix' the "whatever that was" .
Could you send me a debug.log file? Thanks!
durbanator
Commonwealth Pilot
Commonwealth Pilot

hey there its been a while and im glad to see that theres some new releases.
just tried updating the game from steam and my antivirus keeps deleting the .exe file.
I'm not sure how this is supposed to help but im attaching a screenshot in the hopes that it does.
Also nice work with the updates :)
Capture1.JPG
Capture1.JPG (134.73 KiB) Viewed 210038 times
george moromisato
Developer
Developer

durbanator wrote:
Wed Mar 01, 2017 7:12 pm
hey there its been a while and im glad to see that theres some new releases.
just tried updating the game from steam and my antivirus keeps deleting the .exe file...
Thanks! I've updated the file on Steam and I think it will be better (let me know). Next time you launch the Steam client it should update.

I just updated the digital signatures on Transcendence.exe. The file should be dated 3/1/2017.
shanejfilomena
Fleet Officer
Fleet Officer

So, I got the Official 1.7 :

Things I see right off that I don't think will exactly fly well with younger players:
as if it wasn't hard enough to get my nephews away from Call of Duty or Halo to try out the latest game..

( and you thought it was just me being a Dinosaur over something new :) LOL )

Some of the the recent Effects simply look very rough : like the Plasma Torch... Kinetic

& while I understand it's the trail, it makes the weapon look too big for the ship ( probably could separate the ammo from the trail more )..

I also noted the Windslaver's weapon looks very unrefined..

Weapon positions : I tackled this in Midst of Dragons after seeing how the Heliotrope fires "from it's belly" & frying it's crew with every shot. I did take to task several ships' weapon positioning to adjust them to the new image sizes such as the Carriers, Heliotrope, Ranx Gunships..just a few I recall off the top of my head.

but , yes....I am liking this, but I don't count, I am just a miner in a fighting ship's universe
Last edited by shanejfilomena on Thu Jan 04, 2018 6:33 am, edited 3 times in total.

shanejfilomena
Fleet Officer
Fleet Officer

Ok ... I went to a weapon dealer and the menu offers an empty, non-re-loadable launcher ..

I am not thinking it is a bug, but I probably never really encountered this event.

I think there must be a way for the station to register that the Pre- loaded launcher is empty &
not offer it for sale ( or re-load it for the purpose of sale ).

( sorry about the image : the album it was in was accidentally deleted)

And another thing........ ( Warning, Opinion follows )
I know it's been awhile since I played the Stock ships other then the Wolfen, but
when did the Freighter loose a weapon slot?
I used to mine with that ship & do combat ( won my first game with it using the Tev9 & IM90 ) Right now I am playing the official game and totally crippled by this single weapon option when Mining is one of the things I like to do along the way..

Having one weapon + Launcher forces the player to Tank the ship or die trying, leaving little room to experience the many Things To Do in Transcendence .
Last edited by shanejfilomena on Mon Mar 06, 2017 8:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Bruno
Commonwealth Pilot
Commonwealth Pilot

shanejfilomena wrote:
Sat Mar 04, 2017 6:38 am
Ok ... I went to a weapon dealer and the menu offers an empty, non-re-loadable launcher ..

I am not thinking it is a bug, but I probably never really encountered this event.

I think there must be a way for the station to register that the Pre- loaded launcher is empty &
not offer it for sale ( or re-load it for the purpose of sale ).

And another thing........ ( Warning, Opinion follows )
I know it's been awhile since I played the Stock ships other then the Wolfen, but
when did the Freighter loose a weapon slot?
I used to mine with that ship & do combat ( won my first game with it using the Tev9 & IM90 ) Right now I am playing the official game and totally crippled by this single weapon option when Mining is one of the things I like to do along the way..

Having one weapon + Launcher forces the player to Tank the ship or die trying, leaving little room to experience the many Things To Do in Transcendence .
The Freighter has always had only two slots available for weaponry. Either two different weapons, or launcher+weapon. The good thing is the 7 slots for other devices, so you can eventually deck it out with auto-defense, a quantum cpu, hyoerion drive, jump drive, enhancers or whatever you want. And with <20 ton armor segments and 200tons of cargo space without need for a cargo bay, you will have a tank. The weapon systems limitation is absolutely a fair tradeoff, you should not be able to have evertyhing at once.