The Backroads — an alternate route

Planning, discussion, release and support of registered extensions, libraries, adventures and other content is here.
AssumedPseudonym
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

Re: The Backroads — an alternate route

Post by AssumedPseudonym » Tue Mar 28, 2017 9:09 pm

Latheos wrote:
Tue Mar 28, 2017 5:07 pm
Also, did you intend for the Pariah to no longer have automatic decontamination systems, like it did before?
 Yep, working as intended. Lemme go see about those bugs, now…

My mods on Xelerus: Click here!

Of all the things I’ve lost in life, I miss my mind the least. (I’m having a lot more fun without it!)

AssumedPseudonym
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

Post by AssumedPseudonym » Tue Mar 28, 2017 10:32 pm

Okay. So. One of those bugs was worth updating TheBackroadsLibrary.TDB to 0.5.8-a — not the graphics, so quick download to fix. One isn’t exactly a bug (since the sensible way for it to work clashes with a vanilla option) and the other is an engine bug that I put in a ticket for George to deal with.

Of all the things I’ve lost in life, I miss my mind the least. (I’m having a lot more fun without it!)

Latheos
Miner
Miner

Post by Latheos » Wed Mar 29, 2017 12:00 am

AssumedPseudonym wrote:
Tue Mar 28, 2017 10:32 pm
 Okay. So. One of those bugs was worth updating TheBackroadsLibrary.TDB to 0.5.8-a — not the graphics, so quick download to fix. One isn’t exactly a bug (since the sensible way for it to work clashes with a vanilla option) and the other is an engine bug that I put in a ticket for George to deal with.
Yeah, the "not exactly a bug" one does make sense when you explain it. Same goes for the engine bug; I suspect it probably shouldn't be too difficult to fix, since the ship selection screens already allow for scrolling when the text takes up too much space.

I *am* liking the faster maneuvering of the Pariah over the Nemesis; that plus a .02c speed increase makes going without an engine upgrade easier to live with.

Latheos
Miner
Miner

Post by Latheos » Wed Mar 29, 2017 3:56 pm

On further testing, using the 'A' key for the port weapon assignment won't work if the weapon requires ammo; the ammunition purchasing window will open up, instead of assigning the weapon linkage. Opened a new bug for it with the suggestion that perhaps 'O' would work instead.

By the way, the Pariah is a beast when using the Drake ZapSats from PM's mod, along with a second pair of linked side weapons. Just finished a 13-hour game (didn't quite make it to Heretic, but was within spitting distance - my personal best so far), and it was awesome!

AssumedPseudonym
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

Post by AssumedPseudonym » Wed Mar 29, 2017 4:33 pm

Fixed, re-up’d, did not bother changing version numbers.

Heh. Try it with high-level ZapSats, a couple of I-T24 Bludgeons on the wings, a lithium booster from Corporate Command, plus a couple of the armor repair VI devices from Cabbage Corp, and deck yourself out with Heracles armor for good measure. ^.~

…Also! It occurs to me that I added intro screen damage gauges to the intro screen (mainly so I wouldn’t have to keep up with my utility mod while testing stuff on other computers), but did not include instructions on how to access them. On the intro screen, press “!” like calling up a ship (because that’s actually what this is, just with clever <Event> coding) and type “Gauges” for the ship to call up. All further ships for that intro session — until you exit the game, load a save, or get as far as the ship selection screen for a new game — will show gauges to display the damage levels of their shields, armor, and interiors.

AssumedPseudonym
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

Post by AssumedPseudonym » Fri Apr 07, 2017 9:39 pm

Update of the (insert random time period here): TBR is now on version 0.5.8-b. Minor work on the Pariah playership, but mostly just taking down the April Fool’s recolors. Except for Bane and Menkalinan. I wound up liking them better this way. <.< >.> <.<;