Anacreon Era III Discussion Thread

General discussion for the game Anacreon
--Imperator--
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant

I'm 90% sure resources are subject to attrition, same as units and defenses. Otherwise there would be billions and billions of trillum on those autofacs that never disappeared. Are you stockpiling them manually or through a trade route?
TheBugKing
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant

On resource worlds they stockpile into the 10's of millions range, highest trillum deposit i've seen is 41 Million. I was using transports. I hadn't tried to send 10,000,000% of demand through trade route though. I think the same result would occur, trillum and hex being stored while goods disappear.
Fire, Fire, Fire;
Streaks of golden light,
Rays of cosmic waves crashing through still dead night.

Gifts of diamond rays,
Strewn pearls of days not measured,
Treasured gleaming quests fade through the absolute oblivion of infinite time, no matter the direction.

And war died the day it noticed itself,
Peace, yet still dead, peace in the void of voids.
Oddball
Commonwealth Pilot
Commonwealth Pilot

You can send 200%. Hub went from importing 5000 tril to 10,000.
Update! It is still transferring after 12 hours
Oddball
Commonwealth Pilot
Commonwealth Pilot

I am wondering about planet designations and types of planets. I read earth like, ocean, desert, and underground worlds are good for Consumer goods planets and get bonus in food production. I know abundant and major planets do the best for their specific resources.

What about the rest of the planets and designations? I guess yards and autofacs do well on hexacarbide planets.
What's the best designation for fiery, transuranic, etc? What makes the best world for a hub? Are there any other bonuses besides food? Are there any penalties?
starxplor
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant

The best worlds for hubs are ones that have minor or lower resources in all resources they have. They cannot produce anything efficiently and a hub world should never have to produce anything, it takes what it needs before exporting anything it imports.

Otherwise, designate a planet based on the highest abundancy it has. If it has no abundant resource, it could be a production planet, though I find major trillium worlds still produce enough and my empire needs so much of it that they tend to be designated trillium production. I rarely designate a major hexcarb planet to make hexcarb as there are usually enough abundant ones around. I find aetherium is the hardest to produce in needed quantities, there are way too many abundant chtholon planets for the major plus abundant aetherium worlds to supply.
Trensicourt
Anarchist
Anarchist

I could be wrong, but isn't there a capacity to Hubs? For example, certain planets may have trouble getting goods due to capacity of starport. Therefore, isn't it better to have a good world, but not abundant nor major to be a trading hub?
starxplor
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant

This is not my experience. I have not run into any problems with a planet not being able to trade enough. If a planet was limited in what it could trade, there is no way its local production would have any significant impact on the deficit. For example: my newest SC has just shy of 39.5K of trillium passing through it. I have never seen a planet make anywhere near that much, so if a planet couldn't trade it, having an abundant local source would not help.
TheBugKing
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant

Galactic News Bulletin
Last update: 30 May 2017

CURRENT MAP OF THE GALAXY http://imgur.com/a/bNzRp

Headlines

Imperium has destroyed the Brides of the Sun empire with no retaliation. Brides of the Sun will most likely be destroyed by attrition soon.

Current Events

Imperium has brought large swaths of the north into the empire. Production is skyrocketing in a prolonged and uncontested peace and victory over Brides of the Sun.

Kingdom of Bugz has fully recovered all forces lost in the First Galactic Spelling Bee.

Looking is expanding rapidly in the south.

Conflicts:

Peace rules in the galaxy in the aftermath of the First Galactic Spelling Bee.

Ceasefires:

Imperium & KingdomofBugz (30 cycles) [Galactic Time 4086]

Diplomatic relations:

Ferengi & BOK Non-Aggression Pact

Territorial claims:

Bugz- Central Southern Nebula

Imperium- The north, West of Crystalline Federation

Statistics

Alliances:

Imperium & Crystalline Federation alliance dividing the North Eastern map above the rift nebula.

Top 3 largest empires:
Imperium Aeterna (559)
KingdomofBugz (498)
Ferengi (438)
Newest empires:
Rentorian Empire (unknown)
Newbie (Newbie)
Hellsgate (unknown)
Warmongers (unknown)
Cool Kid on the Block (unknown)
Looking (oddball)
Red Ghost 9 (unknown)
Saxiphone Traders Union (unknown)
Empires defeated in war (or abdicated):
Tricor Regime (josh19967), abdicated after war with Imperium
Strumps (Oddball), abdicated after war with Kingdom of Bugz
Brides of the Sun (Watch Tv Do Nothing), depletion of combat units through capture or destruction by Imperium
All known active empires:
Imperium Aeterna (Imperator)
Brides of the Sun (Watch TV Do Nothing)//inactive//
KingdomofBugz (TheBugKing)
Crystalline Federation (AdmiralZo)
Warmongers (unknown)
Cool Kid on the Block (unknown)
Looking (oddball)
Red Ghost 9 (unknown)
Saxiphone Traders Union (unknown)
Tips of the month:
When fighting a war, have enough transports to carry an effective ground force.
Citadels are best used in clusters to cover maximum area. Citadels are useless if not online during an enemy fleet's passage.
Jumpship Beacons, Jumpship Autofacs, should be heavily defended or placed in strategic locations. Any Jump Beacon will retain it's designation after capture allowing jump access to that area.

"If all else fails: duck. As a defensive stratagem it's unreliable, but incredibly reassuring for a moment or two."
-- Imperial Infantryman's Primer on Exotroop Combat
Fire, Fire, Fire;
Streaks of golden light,

Gifts of diamond rays,
Treasured gleaming quests fade through the absolute oblivion of infinite time, no matter the direction.

--Imperator--
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant

Wow, hey thanks for that! I needed to update that but haven't had time recently, busy with work IRL etc etc.

Edit: Saxophon is Finnian and Evil Sloths is back from Beta 2, whoever that is
Finnian
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant

:mrgreen:! I'M BACK!
IN GEORGE WE TRUST
TheBugKing
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant

Does anybody know who RoR was from Beta 1 and 2? I wonder if he is coming back. Maybe Imperium made him run away? 8-)
Fire, Fire, Fire;
Streaks of golden light,

Gifts of diamond rays,

Watch TV, Do Nothing
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

The Republic of Reason and the Autocracy of Order were both Wayward Device (in succession, not at the same time).
--Imperator--
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant

Oh hello there! :mrgreen:

Long time no see...
Oddball
Commonwealth Pilot
Commonwealth Pilot

I understand why a planet in dark nebula can only be a ram ship yard. I do not understand why the same planet can not be a starship autofac. the autofac is only a factory producing parts and has no bearing on what part of space it is in.
Finnian
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant

yeah, I agree with this opinion
IN GEORGE WE TRUST